Gamers to kill for real?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Texan hunter wants to give computer gamers the chance to kill things for real with the click of a mouse.

John Lockwood has already hooked up guns to the internet to let people shoot targets on his Texas ranch.

Now he wants to let fans shoot live game through his website, live-shot.com, reports the New York Post.

Mr Lockwood intends to have the remote hunts running early next year with virtual hunters paying up to £40 an hour.

They will be be able to use their computer mouse to operate a camera and rifle pointed at a game feeder set up to attract animals.

Hunters would have to pay more if they kill an animal - up to £1,000 for a buck deer, although there is no guarantee they will see any game.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1194672.html?menu=

I heard this on our news radio the other day. I think this is appalling and sick. THEY will never be able to confirm that a child won't use this site. AND one guy stated - if there's a child playing & people either accidently walk into the line of fire or one of them are checking on the status of a shot animal - what's to stop the kid from firing.

I think this is beyond sick

I have no problem with TRUE hunting but I have a problem with hunting for sport and this is just appalling! I know big time hunters like Ted Nugent are up in arms over this too. :furious:

Casshew said:
They will be be able to use their computer mouse to operate a camera and rifle pointed at a game feeder set up to attract animals.

Besides being disgusting, isn't this illegal? I know that during deer season in Missouri, you cannot hunt near feed blocks or anything.

$40 an hour to hunt via remote control and $1000 per kill. Is there really a market for this kind of hunting? It's more like a twisted version of Duck Hunt for the nintendo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back