MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Police are searching for a 2-year-old girl who went missing near Long Beach in Rockport shortly after noon today, a State Police spokesman said.

David Procopio said State and local police, along with dive teams, are searching for Caleigh Anne Harrison, who is 2 years, 9 months old.

“At approximately noon, Caleigh Harrison was playing at the beach or around the beach area with her sister -- her mother was nearby as well,” Procopio said. “At some point in that time Caleigh went missing.”

A preliminary investigation suggested that the two children may have went into a grassy area looking for a ball or for some other reason, Procopio said, and “suddenly only one of the children was in view of the mother.” Caleigh’s sister is approximately one year older than her, according to Procopio.

State Police have said Caleigh has light brown hair, blue-gray eyes, and was last seen wearing a light pink T-shirt and dark pink capri pants.

Snipped: http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...rl-rockport/REaQFBMwKiUokhFsN4CUiM/index.html (Video at link)

0b48d9_ltpcaliegh.jpg

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20120419/0b48d9_ltpcaliegh.jpg

I just went over there to see if they needed help looking through the grass/marsh. They have everything blocked off and have been at it for 6 hours....hope they find her before dark....

Thank you for posting the link to the PC. I've been following Caleigh's disappearance all afternoon. I kept refreshing our local news' website, hoping to read that she had been found.
I wish NECN hadn't cut the coverage of the PC short, as I was hoping to hear if the 4yo sister said anything to mom/the police about what happened to Caleigh. She should have been able to give them some sort of an idea.
I'm praying for her safe return!

NooB question...why does the thread say "MA CA"? I assumed MA means Mass., but what does CA mean?

Heart breaking for this little girl and her family. It just doesn't sound good... Hoping for a miracle tonight. I have a two-year-old and they are so unpredictable, it only takes a few seconds of distraction for her to get into something or take off and you can't be everywhere at once.

I agree though, her sister must have some idea which way she went. Towards the water or... Was the beach crowded today? I know Mass had some warm/hot weather earlier in the week, but I though it had cooled off significantly yesterday.

It was supposed to read MA. I tried to change it to MA (on both) but it wouldn't let me..sorry. :(

Not at all a problem, I was twisting my brain inside out trying to figure out what CA could mean lol.

Heart breaking for this little girl and her family. It just doesn't sound good... Hoping for a miracle tonight. I have a two-year-old and they are so unpredictable, it only takes a few seconds of distraction for her to get into something or take off and you can't be everywhere at once.

I agree though, her sister must have some idea which way she went. Towards the water or... Was the beach crowded today? I know Mass had some warm/hot weather earlier in the week, but I though it had cooled off significantly yesterday.

The undertow was especially strong in this area at this particular time because the tide was going out. :(

I'm in Mass, but not near the coast. We were only about 60 here, so I'd say it was probably mid to upper 60's on the coast. Perfect weather for playing on the beach.... moo

I spent all week on the shores of Nags head worried about this exact thing. This is awful.

This poor family! I wonder why the 4 year old can't say what happened. Most 4 year olds I know will tell everything, even the stuff you wish they wouldn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back