Jonathan "Barnabas Collins" Frid dead at 87

OMG - first Davy Jones, then Dick Clark, and now Jonathan Frid? :(

This is turning into a bad year.

What a wonderful actor he was! And it's really sad because the new Dark Shadows movie is some kind of Tim Burton comedy without any of the class of the original Dark Shadows. There will only ever be one Barnabas Collins, and that's Jonathan Frid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OBqtZTelw"]Barnabas Collins arrives at Collinwood - YouTube[/ame]

I spent many a day hiding behind the recliner with Aggie our dog, sneaking a peek to see him.
My Mom's favorite soap back in the day.
RIP Jonathan

there will never be another Barnabas like Jonathan Frid but i do have to admit i want to see the one with Johnny Depp. i know its a comedy and as long as they aren't trying to make it out to be like the original...which they aren't. it should be a good movie in its own right. it seems ironic Jonathan died just before the movie comes out. :(

I used to rush home after school to watch Dark Shadows. I was crushed when it was cancelled. It was great television for it's day, or it least it was a pre-teen.

loved the show but you watch it now and OMG talk about over dramatizing lol. but as pre teens we didn't notice anyway. besides most preteen girls are drama queens anyway.

loved the show but you watch it now and OMG talk about over dramatizing lol. but as pre teens we didn't notice anyway. besides most preteen girls are drama queens anyway.

:blushing: kinda, sorta, shhhh :blushing: :what:

Rest in Peace..

You brought us some fine memories...:)

I remember, (Slightly) being so young and sneaking to the TV to
go watch Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows. There will only be
one Barnabas... What a thrill for a little girl
to see this wonderful soap and the ACTING. I was so young
yet still remember being sucked in as a baby.
Loved it- thanks...

I'm sure as an adult, it may not be as thrilling, but I so enjoyed it back then!!
You will be missed

Goz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0qZgnDSEE"]Barnabas Collins- "Ill be with you always" - YouTube[/ame]

Wow! And this happens just as Johnny Depp is set to appear in a re-make as Barnabas.

I was a TRUE DIE HARD fan of Dark Shadows back in the day. I still have the sound track album - it had the signature "tide rolling in" picture on the cover.

I remember my parents taking a whole gaggle of us young pre-teen girls to the drive in to see the first full length movie they released. Then my dad kept sneaking around the van and jumping up at us in the windows.

RIP Jonathan (Barnabas) - you brought so many memories to a whole lot of people. You will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

I absolutely loved dark shadows as a kiddo.

Wow, just made a comment on my nieces FB about the movie coming out and then I read this. There's only 5 years difference between us and we have fond childhood memories of coming home after school in time for Dark Shadows...RIP Barnabas Collins

Thanks Goz for posting that video...that brings back so many memories. Rip Jonathan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back