OK - Leo Reasnor, 49, shot to death, Haskell County, 25 June 1987

Charges filed in 25-year-old homicide case in eastern Oklahoma (Daily Oklahoman)
STIGLER — A Haskell County cold case is heating back up after a man walked into a police station in Billings, Mont., and confessed his role in the June 1987 slaying of a well-known county commissioner in rural southeast Oklahoma.

Leo Boyd Reasnor, who was 49, was found dead inside his pickup on June 25, 1987, by his son and son-in-law. He had a single gunshot wound to the temple and was found slumped over in his truck on some land he owned about four miles southwest of Lequire.

The slaying confounded local authorities for decades before Clifford Eagle, a former resident of the area, walked into the Montana police station last week and told investigators he wanted to get “something off his chest,” court records show.
---
Eagle, who was listed on the sex offender registry in Montana at the time of his arrest, pleaded guilty to a Pittsburg County rape in 2003.
---
[Kim Stout, who was 21 when her father died] said she was familiar with Eagle and Johnson, who both grew up in the area. She said she was “shocked” at what has transpired since last week.

“When you're going through this, you think of every human being you can imagine,” Stout said. “You never give up after 25 years. ... I've always thought it would happen. I never gave up that thought and I don't think anybody in our family did.”
---
interesting case and confession; much more at link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie