Speaking to the Dead: grieving engineer claims devices allow post-loss communication

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'Hi Daddy, I love you' - Engineer 'talks' to his dead teenage daughter after developing paranormal detection devices
A grief-stricken electrical engineer believes he has found a way to communicate with his dead daughter eight years after her death.

Using his expertise to design and build a series of electromagnetic detection devices, Gary Galka claims to have even recorded his eldest daughter Melissa saying, 'Hi Daddy, I love you.'

Devastated by his girl's death in a car accident on her way home in 2004 at the age of 17, Gary and his family claim they started to experience unexplained phenomena at their Connecticut home days after the fatal accident, according to the Hartford Courant.
---
See the Daily Mail article for a rundown of what else the family say they have experienced. Meanwhile....
Convinced these were after-death communications (ADC's), Gary set about creating specific devices so that he could talk with his eldest girl.

Using his knowledge of electromagnetic sensors systems, Gary created the Mel-Meter 8704, named after his daughter, the year she was born and the year that Gary believes she passed into the spirit realm.

Developing additional devices, such as a 'Spirit Box' , Gary has recorded his daughter saying, 'Hi Daddy, I love You.'

The Galka family insist that these experiences are real and that the instruments that electrical genius Gary has created prove it.

The entire family say that they have come into contact with Melissa, even seeing her appear inside their home.
---
much more, with pictures and a video, at Daily Mail link above

A heartwrenching video at the link. I've seen that show from walking through the room when one of my kids watched it. I've never seen an episode.

But that particular episode is a testament to just how much this man still grieves for his daughter.

I've always said that as human's we can relate when we talk about different emotional experinces. We can relate and understand love, hate...etc.

But grief is a monster IMHO. And we must experience it alone as individuals because each of us experience it differently.

I have my own beliefs and they don't match this man or even the subject of this show.

But I will not pass judgement on this man, his beliefs and his focus. If that is what he needs or his family needs to live with the loss of their daughter then so be it. If other's need it to---so be it.

Bless this family for their loss. They are walking a path that I know I can't walk. I know myself well enough to know that the loss of any of my children would be my spiritual death.

Connection is connection; be it while on this earth or after.

A heartwrenching video at the link. I've seen that show from walking through the room when one of my kids watched it. I've never seen an episode.

But that particular episode is a testament to just how much this man still grieves for his daughter.

I've always said that as human's we can relate when we talk about different emotional experinces. We can relate and understand love, hate...etc.

But grief is a monster IMHO. And we must experience it alone as individuals because each of us experience it differently.

I have my own beliefs and they don't match this man or even the subject of this show.

But I will not pass judgement on this man, his beliefs and his focus. If that is what he needs or his family needs to live with the loss of their daughter then so be it. If other's need it to---so be it.

Bless this family for their loss. They are walking a path that I know I can't walk. I know myself well enough to know that the loss of any of my children would be my spiritual death.

If he is in fact donating 1/3 of the profits to bereavement groups then I don't think he's a scheister. I think he's just someone who desperately wants his daughter back and is willing to believe he's managed to communicate with her.

Who knows, maybe he has. However, like back masking you can hear what you want to hear in things. JMO

If it brings comfort to those who buy them and a lot of money goes to charity then he's doing some good, I guess.

But grief is a monster IMHO. And we must experience it alone as individuals because each of us experience it differently.I have my own beliefs and they don't match this man or even the subject of this show.

RSBM

I don't know if such a device could really work. Like another poster said, I think anything is possible. I would only take issue with it if this was some kind of money making scheme designed to take advantage of grief sticken individuals.

On Easter Sunday, I lost my best friend. He died suddenly of a heart attack. I miss him so much every day, I can't even type the words without beginning to tear up all over again. There have been days the grief has been so overwhelming, I considered trying all kinds of things just to know he was still with me and ok. I thought about contacting pyschics, getting Tarot card readings, a Ouija board, etc, etc. These are not things I would normally ever even consider. But grief is a monster and it can overtake a person in ways you wouldn't think possible.

I didn't do any of those things. My own beliefs are such that I do believe my friend is in another place now, free of any pain or suffering. I do feel his presence with me at times. As much as I long for more concrete evidence, I don't know whether I'll ever get those kind of signs. It's my faith which sustains me now.

My point is, that whether this device works or not, it's clearly something this family needs to believe. I can't fault them for that. It's not for me to judge them. They may sincerely believe they can help others who are also suffering. If no one is hurt by their actions, then I think they should be allowed to continue. Who knows, maybe they're right and their evidence is not subjective but actual proof. Anything is possible.

JMO

Grieving a loss of a child is the worst. I cannot imagine what that family is going through.

Our babies aren't supposed to die before us. We aren't supposed to bury them. Their grief and pain is immense.

I personally would be locked away in a mental institution if it was me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back