CA - Notorious 'Teardrop Rapist' strikes in L.A. for first time in five years

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'He is back:' Notorious 'Teardrop Rapist' linked to recent attack on 15-year-old girl, first in five years
The Los Angeles Police Department has intensified the search for the notorious 'Teardrop Rapist' after he had claimed his 28th victim in 16 years.

According to reports by the LA Times, DNA evidence released on Tuesday showed that the perpetrator had struck again in November of 2011 after a five-year hiatus, this time raping a 15-year-old girl.

Between 1996 and 2005, police say the rapist known for the distinctive tattoo of one of more teardrops under one of his eye preyed on 27 women and girls between the ages of 14 and 41 seen walking alone in Los Angeles.
---
After that, no attacks had been reported until last November, which police have attributed to a possible incarceration.

'What we do know is he is back,' Albanese said.

In the most recent case, investigators said the 15-year-old victim made no mention of the teardrop tattoo previously seen by others, leading officials to believe that the rapist may have had the tattoo removed.

The suspect is described as a Latino man in his 40s or 50s who is fluent in both English and Spanish.
much more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

That article shows the value of composite drawings doesn't it? Nine drawings and they all look different. Some very markedly different.

If each of those composites represents a rape victim, then I would guess that there were some rapes not reported to LE. He follows a very distinct pattern of every 2-3 months, but there are a couple places where there is a bigger jump.

If he was possibly incarcerated during the time that no rapes occurred (attributed to him) then wouldn't they have his DNA on file?

Unfortunately the the ol' teardrop tattoo isn't just jailhouse anymore. It used to be it meant you did five years or supposedly it meant you "killed" someone. Sometimes it was filled in, but not always. Now? Some people just think it looks cool.

Scary, scary person. Maybe the poor young girl was so traumatized she thought he had just a freckle or something. I've seen them done where you'd have to flat out ask "What the he** is that under your eye?" Maybe he covered it up somehow with something else? Having it removed though so close to your eye would be iffy.

If he was possibly incarcerated during the time that no rapes occurred (attributed to him) then wouldn't they have his DNA on file?
I believe not all incarcerations require a DNA sample. So it must have been something simple, but possibly accumulated time? Either way I hope he is caught. The sketches are so very different. I do wonder if they do have DNA that links them together. It wasn't indicated in the articles I've read so far.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I believe not all incarcerations require a DNA sample. So it must have been something simple, but possibly accumulated time? Either way I hope he is caught. The sketches are so very different. I do wonder if they do have DNA that links them together. It wasn't indicated in the articles I've read so far.

All moo

Just read there's DNA linking the rapes.

Hi Everyone,

This case has bothered me for quite some time. I think there are some similarities to other attacks in the Ventura area as well. I have an inside connection at a tattoo removal out reach program that might have some good leads. I was wondering if you all could help me come up with a timeline and geographical locations of the attacks. I know in the early years he had the Teardrop tattoo and more recently he did not but the DNA matched. I was also hoping that our international friends in Mexico could some how figure out if they have any DNA matches down there. Thanks in advance everyone.

Here in LA even if you’re in holding at County you get swabbed. If it gets filed is a different matter. I think that the TDR is down south somewhere or moved to a different county.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back