Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Unidentified Hispanic/White Female
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 90-05253-MH
The Doe Network Case File 38UFCA
NamUs UP # 7673

9005253f.gif

http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Sheriff-Coroner%20-%20Sandra%20Hutchens/Commands%20and%20Divisions/Professional%20Services%20Command/Coroner/Unidentified%20Dead/Jane%20DOES/90-05253-MH
http://www.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/?q=police/Unsolved/1990/Doe ***WARNING POSTMORTEM AT LINK***
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7673
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/38ufca.html

This unidentified woman was found at 13312 Downey Place, Garden Grove, CA (according to the Orange County Coroner and NamUs) or 13312 Lewis Street (according to the Garden Grove Police Department) on October 4, 1990 at 7:40 am.

Vital Statistics​

Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old (GGPD estimates her age as between 25 – 30 years old)
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 179 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length curly brown hair and brown eyes. She most likely gave birth at least once. Blood type O+
Dentals: Available. Two of her upper teeth were outlined with gold dental trim. Several of her back teeth were missing.
Clothing: She was wearing a sleeveless black blouse over a pink tank top (size 42); and Paloma brand, acid-washed blue jeans (size 34). She was barefoot, but it appeared that she normally wore sandals. No jewelry located.
Other: Information leads police to believe the victim had some connection to a person named Steve Glick. Fingerprints are available.
DNA: Available in California Department of Justice database.

Case History

The victim was discovered around 07:30 on October 4, 1990 by five children walking to school in Garden Grove, CA. They saw a large, rolled-up carpet near the sidewalk on Lewis St, south of Downey Pl, across the street from their elementary school. One of the children investigated the scene and observed that someone was rolled into the carpet; the children then called the police.

Authorities concluded that the victim had been strangled sometime in the early-morning hours, then placed into the red carpet tied up with electrical wire and twine, abandoned on a grassy parkway on Lewis Street across the street from Riverdale Elementary School where she was discovered shortly after her homicide. No identification or money was found on the body.
The victim may have been an immigrant from Mexico; South America; or the Pacific Southwest. Investigators placed numerous announcements in Spanish-speaking newspapers and other outlets, but to no avail. The Garden Grove Police Department thought that she could also be a Pacific Islander.

NamUs lists two rule outs -- Carmen Hetrick of Colorado and Patricia Schmidt from Virginia.

Some Websleuths members were discussing the sketches from the Orange County, CA recently. She is the only UID from Orange County (who I know of at the current time) who also has a postmortem photo available (on the Garden Grove Police Department's website), as well as a sketch.

I would like to know more about the connection to Steve Glick and how LE learned of it. There is an attorney named Stephen Glick in Los Angeles. His area of practice looks like it is employment and injury law. There are about 20 Steve/Steven/Stephen Glicks listed in California white pages.

Scroll down to the third post in the thread. It contains some wonderful articles on this case, which includes details about some of the false leads that have come in over the years. It appears that the police really went above and beyond to find out who this woman was.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6950

I'd love to know more about this Steve Glick. Could that have just been someone's alias and that's why the police were never able to track him down?

Bump.

I was just thinking about this woman's clothes. The blouse was a size 42; it sounds as though this top was most definitely made and purchased in another country. Mexico or South America perhaps?

Also, I tried to look up Paloma brand jeans and several links came up from the UK. Perhaps that brand of jeans is exclusive to Britain?

Wasn't There a Steve Glick connection in the Lori Kennedy case? I will have to go back and look at her handwritten notes; but I know there's some connection somewhere else.. JMO

Wasn't There a Steve Glick connection in the Lori Kennedy case? I will have to go back and look at her handwritten notes; but I know there's some connection somewhere else.. JMO

I searched for Steve Glick on Lori Kennedy's board, but found nothing. I agree with you, however, that this case is not the only one where I think I heard a Steve Glick mentioned. I feel certain that finding Steve Glick will lead us to the murderer and the victim's identity.

I've recently taken up sewing and noticed something on the envelope of one of the patterns. There are American sizes (10, 12, 14, etc.) and European sizes (40, 42, 44, etc.). According the patterns I had with these measurements, a size 42 blouse would be equivalent to an American size 12-14, which would be the medium to large range. The size 34 jeans would be about an American size 18, so she may have carried her weight more in her hips and thighs.

Whether or not the woman herself lived in the U.S. (regardless of whether she was a legal citizen or not), her clothing was almost certainly made in another country.

The teeth make me think she is a woman from Mexico or Central American country.

I was thinking about this lady’s clothing (or at least the sizing of it) and something occurred to me. While it is definitely a possibility that she purchased the clothing internationally, I think that it is possible that she got them closer to where she was found. IIRC, there are a few clothing stores in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach that sell clothing with European sizing, she could have purchased them there or bought them somewhere second hand. It’s also possible that, if she (or a friend or family member) was employed in something like housekeeping in a hotel that had international guests (such as the Disneyland Hotel), someone could have left them at the hotel after checking out.

I located a few articles that appeared in the Orange County Register about this Jane Doe. One from October 6, 1990; it has a different sketch of the UID (maybe how she would look with heavy makeup?) – ggjanedoe_oct6_1990ocr.jpg

This article from November 28, 1990 provides a bit more information about her clothing; it sounds like both her black shirt and pink shirt were both tank tops (I think it was trendy back then to wear one tank top over the other) – ocr_nov28_1990.jpg

I was just discussing this case with someone on r/Unresolved Mysteries. They said they looked online found a labor law attorney in Los Angeles named Steven Glick. Could the Jane Doe have been an illegal who was being mistreated as a domestic employee or something and was given Steve Glick's name as someone who could help her? Perhaps she was killed before she was able to contact him. As far as the raffle ticket itself, the person suggested that it may have just been the first piece of paper she had handy to jot down the name.

idk but this was very close to where my ex husband lives and my son was living there recently until we found out he has cancer. strange coincidences.

Five ruleouts now https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7673

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tina LAYTON 1971 California
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Sally Simmons 1973 California

She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints.

Also, I tried to look up Paloma brand jeans and several links came up from the UK. Perhaps that brand of jeans is exclusive to Britain?
I was just discussing this case with someone on r/Unresolved Mysteries. They said they looked online found a labor law attorney in Los Angeles named Steven Glick. Could the Jane Doe have been an illegal who was being mistreated as a domestic employee or something and was given Steve Glick's name as someone who could help her? Perhaps she was killed before she was able to contact him. As far as the raffle ticket itself, the person suggested that it may have just been the first piece of paper she had handy to jot down the name.
Mi Tía está desaparecida desde 1990, y la descripción de esta persona coincide con los rasgos de mi tía,. Como puedo yo saber más de este caso y descartar la idea de que sea ella. Mi tía se llama Ma Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco y vivía en el área de Azusa antes de su desaparición. Favor de contactarme si acaso sabe algo

Mi Tía está desaparecida desde 1990, y la descripción de esta persona coincide con los rasgos de mi tía,. Como puedo yo saber más de este caso y descartar la idea de que sea ella. Mi tía se llama Ma Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco y vivía en el área de Azusa antes de su desaparición. Favor de contactarme si acaso sabe algo

¡Hola! No hablo español muy bien. ¿Sabes cómo era tu tía? ¿Tienes fotos antiguas de ella? Aquí está el sitio web para el forense Orange County, California - 90-05253-MH. Hay un número de teléfono para llamar. Con suerte, alguien más aquí puede explicar más que yo.

Can anyone explain more via Spanish than me? About DNA comparisons etc?

What happened to the postmortem photos for this case?

Googling "Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco" brought me to a facebook post by a family member with photos. She looks exactly like the sketch.

I hope a decent Spanish speaker can help these folks.

Buenos días,

Debes contactar la policia, en este enlace: Orange County, California - 90-05253-MH

La policia podría solicitarte para una prueba de DNA.

¿Era tu tía paterna o materna?
Si era tu tía materna, la policia puede hacer una prueba de DNA mitocondrial, que se trasmite en la linea materna.

Espero de haber podido ayudarte

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back