AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

scanner thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

full news coverage from KVOA http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26
facebook: Find Isabel Celis

Local Media Links:
KGUN 9 On Your Side
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/237578/missing-isabel
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/subindex/news/local/tucson
tucson.com

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread for Isabel
:please:please come home safely:please:

next update: 8:00 am MT

NOTES FROM THE MODS - PLEASE READ

WS does not sleuth minors, nor post their pictures, etc. I don't think the posting of the ball schedule - that is commonly found online - was a huge problem, but thank you dntslp for deleting your post and removing the link.

As always - a WSer's concern should be the safety of minors above all else. Our cases are heartbreaking and many involve innocent children. We do not want to contribute to that in any way - so just asking yourself, before you post, if the information could make it easier for an evil person to find a child, will help you decide if you should make the post.

Hope that helps - you guys did good!

Salem

And, while the ball schedule may be available online, identifying the teams that her brothers play for and posting their past or future game schedules falls under "sleuthing minors" and is not allowed.

Okay Guys - sorry we did not catch this earlier. The rules about minors:

1. Don't post their names - NOT even in a direct quote from MSM. Yes, you can link the MSM and discuss it, but try not to quote parts that name the children or change the children's names to initials.

2. NO pictures or YTube of minors except for the victim.

3. NO schedules, or giving away of info. Use your sleuthing skills. MSM is discussable and sometimes it contains info about other minors. This is when you need to think about what you are posting. Other posters can go to the link and get info, our goal is not to make it easier for others with bad intentions. We can't control it, but we can refuse to help, kwim?

I know that makes it a bit difficult - but we do our best to PROTECT all minors, including family members of the victim - we don't post their names, ages, schools, ball teams, schedules, etc. etc.

Thanks!

Salem

Bringing this over from the previous thread.

Thank you keeponsearching,

But at 6:30 am ish she woke to the sounds on Male voices that were so low she couldn't tell what they were saying.... ?

Therefore, it sounds like she has fairly good hearing to hear that.

She couldn't tell what they were saying but she was pretty sure they were speaking English? (from NG transcripts).:waitasec:

I am on the fence with this case. If the parents are involved what would their motive be for removing Isa? They have 2 other older children and they were all at a game. Then came home and i would assume sent the 2 youngest to bed. Even if the oldest was also sent to bed I am sure at 11.00pm they would all be a sleep by midnight. JMO So if there was say an accident where Isa got hurt, the boys would have known about it. Why go into Isa room to harm her through the night? I could say an accidental death cover up but not at these hours in which Isa went missing. JMO

I am starting now to lean more towards the Uncle or another family member or family friend. JMO

:fence:

local media links have been added to the opening post for easy reference

I am on the fence with this case. If the parents are involved what would their motive be for removing Isa? They have 2 other older children and they were all at a game. Then came home and i would assume sent the 2 youngest to bed. Even if the oldest was also sent to bed I am sure at 11.00pm they would all be a sleep by midnight. JMO So if there was say an accident where Isa got hurt, the boys would have known about it. Why go into Isa room to harm her through the night? I could say an accidental death cover up but not at these hours in which Isa went missing. JMO

I am starting now to lean more towards the Uncle or another family member or family friend. JMO

Didn't the neighbor say her dog and the neighbors dogs were barking
so if she woke up im sure they woke up she heard the men talking.
Wouldnt MOM be up getting ready for work at this time?

Well, hopefully today will bring more information to light, and we can find this little girl soon.

I'm still not seeing anything sketchy with the parents. I watched that PC over and over last night but nothing stood out to me. The only thing I find odd is that LE hasn't cleared them yet, at least publicly. I am interested in the uncle theory though. Also, I grew up in the same community as Jimmy Ryce, played baseball at the same field, my sister was at his school. Even though I don't think it had anything to do with it now, we always wondered if someone had watched him at the field for a while. My mom wanted us to stop playing there. My mind keeps going back to that in this case too.

Didn't the neighbor say her dog and the neighbors dogs were barking
so if she woke up im sure they woke up she heard the men talking.
Wouldnt MOM be up getting ready for work at this time?

Mom may have been in the shower getting ready for work. Which makes me again think family friend or relative that might have known her routine???
Mom therefore wouldn't have heard a thing. JMO

Still on the :fence:

Has it ever been established that the mom worked a day shift rather than a midnight shift? Tia

Her window is what fire code calls a emergency-egress window to permit the occupants to escape a fire and also to allow a fully outfitted firefighter to enter.

I have found these window very easy to open even when locked....

*** no I am not breaking into peoples homes...:giggle:

My Father is a General Contractor and has built Millions of homes..

NG video: neighbor shows window:
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/27/missing-girl-neighbor-shows-nancy-home/?hpt=ng_mid

**CN2, I will add local media links to the opening post

I just watched this interview (nancy did a great job with the questions imhoo)

This neighbor says that no one walks in that area but her.. wow.. I truly think she heard whatever happened to Isabel.. I wish Nancy would have asked if she heard any other noises besides the voices: re: gravel crunching (would indicate walking, etc)

Also: I wonder if the meter is on that side of the house? would the meter reader have been out that morning?

eta: further thought: what are the chances of other people talking by Isabel's window in the same time frame that she goes missing in an area that the neighbor says no one walks but her?

Morning everyone. I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking of this case. Just because I'm on the fence doesn't mean that I think the parents are guilty. It only means that I can't choose a side yet.

There's so much to read and keep up with, but wasn't it stated that Isa usually slept with her brothers? If so, who would know that she was alone in her room that night? Also, why didn't anyone check on the dogs if they were making so much noise? If that was a common event, i'd hate to be their neighbor. And lastly, if it was daylight at 6:30am, why would an abductor wait until then, when he had more of a chance of being seen?

I just watched this interview (Nancy did a great job with the questions imhoo)

This neighbor says that no one walks in that area but her.. wow.. I truly think she heard whatever happened to Isabel.. I wish Nancy would have asked if she heard any other noises besides the voices: re: gravel crunching (would indicate walking, etc)

Also: I wonder if the meter is on that side of the house? would the meter reader have been out that morning?

Security Lights,.PNG

I also see what looks like security lights, Maybe of the motion detective kind....:waitasec:

There's so much to read and keep up with, but wasn't it stated that Isa usually slept with her brothers? If so, who would know that she was alone in her room that night? Also, why didn't anyone check on the dogs if they were making so much noise? If that was a common event, i'd hate to be their neighbor. And lastly, if it was daylight at 6:30am, why would an abductor wait until then, when he had more of a chance of being seen?

very good point (yes I do recall that being said about sleeping with siblings)

so who would know:

(just thinking)
1) someone who was told
2) the person that put her to bed
3) someone watching the house

Just thought of something. Someone asked if the uncle was a couch hopper a while back, meaning no home address. What if this is true and the reason the parents don't want to go back to the house is because the Uncle may (usually did JMO) want to couch hop back into the family home with them. Maybe they suspect the uncle? This would make sense to me as to why Isa father was not affectionate at the news press towards Isa mom. Isn't the uncle on mom's side? JMO
Throwing thoughts thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member