Dollhouse for Sale!

Niner

Long time Websleuther
Reaction score
hi - I have a Granville Mansion doll house for sale. It is a replicate of the old mansion from "It's a Wonderful Life!"

It is 1 inch scale with 9 rooms to renovate and re-decorate, with electricity through out, including front and back porches! Entry way has 'Alaskan jade' tile; some of the rooms have carpeting, wallpaper and curtains.

It is 30" tall; front to back is 25" and 38" long - I have added a board which makes it 50" with a front and side yard.

Pictures will be posted this weekend (12/4) by Tricia (THANKS!!) - some of the furniture in the pictures are included in the sale! I also will include a Gazebo kit.

Price $300 or Best Offer!! I have yet to get a shipping price, so that will also be included in the total price. When I find out the price for shipping I shall post it here.

You can PM if you are interested!

Thank you! :D

Edited by Elf to add: Pictures of this beautiful dollhouse can be seen here: http://websleuths.com/dollhouse.htm

I have the pics and will post them soon. I promise. It is really nice!!!!

AHHHH. I can't get it to post. The picture that is... who owns this heap of a forum??

OK I do but that doesn't mean I know how to work the stuff. LOL.

I'll email Elf and ask her to do it. She is a doll. No pun intended. LOL.

Elf has the pictures and should be putting them up shortly.

Very Pretty! Not going to be fun packing that for shipping :eek: Hopefully someone local or within driving distance willl buy it.

Good Luck!

Man, I might want to buy that house. It is wonderful.

What is the story behind it Niner? How old is it? Who made it? How did you end up with it?

The ususal. LOL

Tricia said:
Man, I might want to buy that house. It is wonderful.

What is the story behind it Niner? How old is it? Who made it? How did you end up with it?

The ususal. LOL

I actually bought the kit in 1984 - and started building it. Just got interested in the minature stuff back then - and now it's just fallen to the wayside... I'm actually thinking of making glass boxes - just one room at a time, so that's why I'm keeping some of the furniture. The house was on display at the Santa Clara Holiday show back in the late 80s. That's when my mother made me curtains for the rooms, so it would look nice! There were other houses there on display too.

Any thing else anyone wants to now - just ask!!

Casshew said:
Very Pretty! Not going to be fun packing that for shipping :eek: Hopefully someone local or within driving distance willl buy it.

Good Luck!

Thank you Cass - yes, it's going to be a hard one to pack!! I'm going to check with a packing company here (hopefully, NOT owned by the Petersons (!!LOL!!) - and see 'how much' they can ship this for. I'll be checking that out this weekend - and will let post the price.

on the picture of the back of the house - you can see a Porsche (remote control) in the back side on the right - that is also included in the price!

The fireplace in the living room - unfortunately is NOT for sale - I plan on doing a Christmas glass box with that included. The smoked mirror wall behind the fireplace is also not included.

In the baby's bedroom - the Mickey Mouse phone is NOT for sale, as I collect Mickey Mouse stuff. The rest is. All the outside furniture is included. The brass bedroom all goes, as does the kitchen furniture. Also included in the dining room stuff - no separate picture of that, but you can 'kinda' see it on the picture with the back open, the one in the middle on the bottom floor.
Also the top floors, from left to right are: kind of a storage room, pool room, and bathroom; all this furniture I will included.
The second floor, from left to right are: the brass bedroom, music room/playroom, (I have a player piano (it plays by itself) and a pinball machine for that room) and the baby's room.

Two things -

No. 1 (I wish my daughter was into this kinda stuff because then I'd have an excuse to buy it for "her.")

No. 2 - you're not charging enough!!

Its wonderful.

Jeana (DP) said:
Two things -

No. 1 (I wish my daughter was into this kinda stuff because then I'd have an excuse to buy it for "her.")

No. 2 - you're not charging enough!!

Its wonderful.

Hi Jeana - yeah, it's too bad - it is very tedious to work with all the small things that you put together - but I always enjoyed that!

No. 2 - ya think? how much should I charged??

Thank you!

I think it's beautiful, too, I've always liked miniature things.

I have a question, tho. You said you were going to make glass boxes? What is that?

IrishMist said:
I think it's beautiful, too, I've always liked miniature things.

I have a question, tho. You said you were going to make glass boxes? What is that?

Thank you IrishMist!

The glass boxes... like shadow boxes... part of the box is wooden, with glass on two or even three sides, to make it look like a room; like decorating a living room for Christmas time. One that I am planning to make is a bar, as in drinking saloon! I have the pool table and the Huz said he would make me the 'bar' part. I have some high stools for the bar part too. I hope that sorta explains it!! :D

bumping my Dollhouse for Sale....

Anyone interested?? :)

I wish i could afford it!! : (

I had a dollhouse when I was a child and I loved it!! It was made for me and was very special.I had hoped to pass it along to my children but unfortunately my dollhouse was cruelly destroyed ON PURPOSE by someone(I dont think Ive ever gotten over it!)so there went that
.I keeping hoping I can make one for my girls but theyre so expensive!!
If I could afford $300 I would soooo buy it!! $300 is a STEAL!!!(I think you should be charging more!!)

Your house is sooooooooo beautiful Niner,I hope you find i good home for it!!!

messiecake said:
I wish i could afford it!! : (

I had a dollhouse when I was a child and I loved it!! It was made for me and was very special.I had hoped to pass it along to my children but unfortunately my dollhouse was cruelly destroyed ON PURPOSE by someone(I dont think Ive ever gotten over it!)so there went that
.I keeping hoping I can make one for my girls but theyre so expensive!!
If I could afford $300 I would soooo buy it!! $300 is a STEAL!!!(I think you should be charging more!!)

Your house is sooooooooo beautiful Niner,I hope you find i good home for it!!!

Hey messiecake - I pm'ed you!!!

just bumping up my thread!

Anyone interested?? I sure don't want my Huz to put this dollhouse on the train tracks, or burning it down... I put TO MUCH work into this!! Anyone - HELP!! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back