NAMUS posts new image

marysawol

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
NAMUS has created a new image of our guy, Grateful Jason Doe.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

It's been so long since I've posted a photo in here, I've forgotten how, sorry.
Would someone do it for me please?

I've tried, but not sure if it's going to work.

Anywho, this new image is going to throw everyone off!

Feedback please

I'd really like to know how they came up with this image. Especially since our guy Grateful Jason Doe was cremated, wasn't he?

I am pretty certain that this image was based on the autopsy photos. I always wondered about Jason's nose in the bust that we have been working from. Perhaps this is a better representation of build as well!

Yes.. he does look sweet... compassionate even... a sparkle in his eye, and a lot more handsome than the others "pics" we have seen.

Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

2375805850045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.

Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth

Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth

I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

I think it's definately a typo. Especially if the surname does not appear in ancestry, or any other record.

Since classmates doesn't publish yearbooks after 1988, hopefully someone on the ground in Alexandria, VA will pop into this thread and can make a trip to the local library, if they carry the local HS yearbooks.

Carl, you're absolutely right with the resemblance. (And I appreciate your yearbook sleuthing-- it helped me to find the very first photos of our formerly MP.) Going with Cubby's line of thought, if there are two typos in the last name, there are a lot more hits for living people with that name.

Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

2375805850045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.

TY Carl. Is there a way for us to get a better look at the earlobes of the black and white photo of Jason C?

I wouldn't even want to begin to guess the correct spelling. It would be much better if we could get someone to check the local library for a subsequent yearbook which would have the correct spelling. And then research from there....

Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.

Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia

Sorry, I've been away for a few hours:

Carl, Did you google the last name?

By the way, great eye!

Yes, I did. Nothing comes up at all.

Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.

Where did you find that?

Is this the site?
http://tree52.com/Groups_Class.php?csc=1991&csi=6535&csn=West Potomac H.S.

If so, I'm not sure that the inclusion of his name on this list means that he is alive.

Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia

He was a Freshman in the 1987-1988 school year, so the guy Anneonymous found was probably the same guy. It's only a few letters off from the way it was spelled in the yearbook.

OK - I found Jason C. in MyLife showing that he is now living in Starkville MS. It appears that it is the same guy, as it says that he went to West Potomac HS.

Hi guys, I'm new here. :) I have been following this case for a couple weeks. Coincidentally, I started following it a few days before NamUs posted the new image. I was immediately wrapped in the case, emotionally invested for reasons I can't explain. After three days of thinking and reading about Jason, bam! NamUs posts a new image, first time in about 17 years, it looks like.
I have made efforts to spread to image on FB and a few other sites. Not sure that it has gone too far. I can't seem to find a FB page with an active administrator for him. Do you know of one? Should someone start a new one?
This picture is the best new tool there has been to solve this case in years, and possibly the last one we'll get. I really think there is a good possibility when can give him a name if this picture makes it to the eyes of someone who knew him. I remember people from 17 years ago. The poor police sketch and inaccurate reports that he was a redhead may have had a lot to do with why he was never identified. If someone didn't have a reason to believe their friend or family member was dead, they probably wouldn't have recognized him from that picture.
Happy to be here to be here to discuss this case with you! :)

It it absolutely amazing what they can do with reconstruction now. I do believe we now may find a family for our"Jason". This young man has meant so much to me since the first time I laid eyes on his picture and read his story. I have a son that wanders and I do not hear from for many weeks at the time, so I often wonder if one day I will find my son like Jason. I surely hope not, but I pray for him daily as well as all the other lost souls out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back