NJ - Patricia Krentcil put 5yo daughter in tanning bed, Nutley, 2012

Mum looks like a bit of a nutter....And you would have to be to do something like this. She clearly knew it was wrong, since she snuck her in there.
I don't understand why anyone, even adults, still use tanning booths when there are so many spray tan options available.
People in their 20's have died from melanoma from using tanning booths.
And you can get enough vit D by being outside for just 15 mins a day...but I doubt concerns about vit D was the reason for taking her to the salon.

My first thought was is she a pageant mum?
And OT, but what is up with her lips? It looks like she's had black lipliner tatooed on her lower lip.:waitasec:

I agree, what a sick freak/tanning addict/ pageant mom traumatizes a 5-year-old by putting them in a tanning booth, IMO???:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Tanning booths are notorious for causing skin cancer!

I second that OMG!
Even if we were to believe her story (which I don't) she doesn't seem to understand that sunburn can be prevented by suncreen, a hat and sun-smart clothing. Actually, I'm sure she knows that and just doesn't give a damn.
And even if her story were true, that doesn't make it any better. It is still child endangerment.

People say a tan makes them look healthy, but she looks ridiculous!
I do wish the salons would be more responsible and refuse access to people like this who are clearly addicted.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I have only one: Puke.

OMG. They should arrest her and keep her without bail for awhile or she is going to burn HERSELF up. She looks like rawhide leather/ uugghhhhhhh.

There is a beautiful girl who went to school with my son who tanned all the time and ended up with a huge melanoma on her back - at the age of 18! They actually featured her in a magazine for our local hospital. She said it was totally due to going to tanning beds.

This is child abuse, pure and simple. :banghead:

OMG. They should arrest her and keep her without bail for awhile or she is going to burn HERSELF up. She looks like rawhide leather/ uugghhhhhhh.

Must be a jersey thing (Gym, TAN, Laundry)! Besides the horror that is called this woman's face, can you believe she's 44?

I'm gonna be 49 years old in October, and I look like a newborn baby compared to her.

Personally, I think she's a couple sammiches short of a picnic! Poor kid!

MOO

Mel

Mum looks like a bit of a nutter

My first thought was is she a pageant mum?
And OT, but what is up with her lips? It looks like she's had black lipliner tatooed on her lower lip.:waitasec:

That's exactly what I said in my head "This lady looks like a nutter".

Pageant mom's use that spray tan stuff on their little ones. They're only subjected to getting stuck in a booth while being sprayed by a stranger with Lord knows what.

Verdict being nutter.

Most parents lather their children in sunscreen this lady is whacked in the head. I hope the father gets permanent custody of the child.

New Jersey Tanning Mom Denies Charges of Child Endangerment

Snippets from : http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...mom-denies-charges-of-child-endangerment?lite

A New Jersey woman arrested after police said she brought her 5-year-old daughter into a tanning booth said Wednesday that she was innocent of the charges but admits to excessive tanning herself.

Patricia Krentcil, 44, pleaded not guilty to second-degree child endangerment and said outside court that she is a "wonderful mother."

In New Jersey, children under 14 are not allowed to tan at indoor salons, while those 14 to 17 years old may do so with signed parental consent.

OMG ... have y'all seen the mother's "tan" ?

And what kind of "mother" would bring a 5 year old to a "tanning salon" ?

:moo:

I second that OMG!
Even if we were to believe her story (which I don't) she doesn't seem to understand that sunburn can be prevented by suncreen, a hat and sun-smart clothing. Actually, I'm sure she knows that and just doesn't give a damn.
And even if her story were true, that doesn't make it any better. It is still child endangerment.

People say a tan makes them look healthy, but she looks ridiculous!
I do wish the salons would be more responsible and refuse access to people like this who are clearly addicted.
She looks black, which confirms to me she is a sick freak tanning addict! I have known a couple of woman like this, my ex-boyfriend's mother, and a woman my age.
I just watched her interview, and I'm not buying that the little girl had a regular sunburn, too coincidental!

Must be a jersey thing (Gym, TAN, Laundry)! Besides the horror that is called this woman's face, can you believe she's 44?

I'm gonna be 49 years old in October, and I look like a newborn baby compared to her.

Personally, I think she's a couple sammiches short of a picnic! Poor kid!

MOO

Mel
No, the two I knew are both in California, one Northern, one Southern...

No, the two I knew are both in California, one Northern, one Southern...

I saw this woman on the news this morning - OMG. I live in Cali and have never seen such a sight - ever. She's a walking billboard for skin cancer.

I do believe in her (obvious) obsession she may have put her child in the tanning bed. If she thinks there's nothing wrong with what she's doing - why would she think it would bring her child any harm.

I hope CPS does a full investigation.

MOO

Mel

I saw this woman on the news this morning - OMG. I live in Cali and have never seen such a sight - ever. She's a walking billboard for skin cancer.

I do believe in her (obvious) obsession she may have put her child in the tanning bed. If she thinks there's nothing wrong with what she's doing - why would she think it would bring her child any harm.

I hope CPS does a full investigation.

MOO

Mel
My ex-boyfriend's mother was in the L.A. area and she was as dark or darker than this woman,but I don't think she used tanning beds. The other woman we jokingly refer to(privately) as "the burn victim". She looks like she was severely burned in a fire or nuclear explosion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back