Pet parakeet returned to owner after telling police his address

noZme

Reaction score
The bird escaped from his home in the city of Sagamihara Japan and remained at large before being coaxed into perching on the shoulder of a guest at a nearby hotel.

He was handed over to local police, but did not speak until Tuesday evening, when he blurted out the names of the city and district where his owner's home is located.

The stunned cops then listened as the parakeet produced the home's block and street number.

His owner, a 64-year-old woman, once lost another parakeet after it flew away and was determined not to let that happen again. She taught him the address information & ummmm, it worked!

VERY SMART PET OWNERS! That's great.........now if dogs and cats could talk!

I live this...unbelievable what animals can do...:)

Infinitely more useful than chirruping, "Who's a pretty boy then?"

The bird escaped from his home in the city of Sagamihara Japan and remained at large before being coaxed into perching on the shoulder of a guest at a nearby hotel.

He was handed over to local police, but did not speak until Tuesday evening, when he blurted out the names of the city and district where his owner's home is located.

The stunned cops then listened as the parakeet produced the home's block and street number.

His owner, a 64-year-old woman, once lost another parakeet after it flew away and was determined not to let that happen again. She taught him the address information & ummmm, it worked!

GOD bless this darling little angel! So glad for a happy ending.

I freely confess that I'm afraid of birds but would not harm one for all the money in the world (which I could use).

I recall when I worked in rescue and there was a Parrot who screamed "FIRE" whenever he wanted water. Freaked people out!

Kelly

That is a great story. I love animals so much and love heart warming stories like this one. Thank you for posting it.

VERY SMART PET OWNERS! That's great.........now if dogs and cats could talk!

you can "speak" for them via micro chips. Also, my dogs wear tags with their names & phone numbers....inexpensive & priceless!

Chipping & tagging can easily be done at the same vet visit as spaying & neutering.
(I just have to squeeze the reminder in whever possible. Sorry, but that seems to be my purpose on Earth.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back