No Search or New Posts?

Anakerie

Reaction score
Website
anakerie.blogspot.com
Why has the "Search" function been disabled?? No "New Posts" link at the top and no "Search" link either...

Is it just me or?????

Why has the "Search" function been disabled?? No "New Posts" link at the top and no "Search" link either...

Is it just me or?????

Same thing for me. Either a bug or maintainance, I guess.

Same here. I thought I was banned. Maybe we all are? :floorlaugh:

Me, I'm having an existential crisis without "New Posts." :back:

ETA
scroll up some and you'll find:

Our Search Engine is temporarily disabled. Thank you for your patience. Websleuths Management

Me, I'm having an existential crisis without "New Posts." :back:

ETA
scroll up some and you'll find:

Our Search Engine is temporarily disabled. Thank you for your patience. Websleuths Management
lol.. I swear that line wasn't there when I first posted!!

I feel better now.. It's not just me.. Whew! :woohoo:

Please accept my apologies everyone

We had to disable the search feature for a bit and that includes looking for new posts.

So sorry gang. Technology. Whattyagunna do huh? ;)

I am having trouble Tricia, I and others are getting knocked off. We had a time the other night in the scanner thread. Also, I am having issues today..

Thanks
Raine

Techs are working on the forum. Please know that Administration is fully aware.

:grouphug:

Glad to know its the forum, and not the pain meds I am on for a double ear infection.....lol

Whatever is being done with WS is definately working! I have had trouble staying on, posting, and etc. for two or three days. Now the speed is back and I am so enjoying it!

Thank you!!!!

I understand it was Adnoids fault!!

Do we have a back-up site for when the server is down/overloaded? I don't think the old ones I have are valid anymore or that anyone ever uses them...

Please accept my apologies everyone

We had to disable the search feature for a bit and that includes looking for new posts.

So sorry gang. Technology. Whattyagunna do huh? ;)

I thought I was loosing my mind earlier today! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys -- do you have an estimated date when the new posts feature will be back up. TBHonest, that's the only feature I have ever used to keep up on new convos. I just can't do the manual search to look for posts, as it's too time consuming.

I know you're working so hard, and appreciate all you do. The New Post feature is by far the very best feature on this site!!

Hugs,

Mel

Hi guys -- do you have an estimated date when the new posts feature will be back up. TBHonest, that's the only feature I have ever used to keep up on new convos. I just can't do the manual search to look for posts, as it's too time consuming.

I know you're working so hard, and appreciate all you do. The New Post feature is by far the very best feature on this site!!

Hugs,

Mel
Me too Mel, I am going nuts with out the "New Posts" link to click. Like how do you find unread forums without it??

I miss the new post function too! I never realized how much I rely on it until today!

The techs are still working on the problem. They've seen a couple of potential causes for the site to be having hiccups and will test them. It takes time, however.

Still Same menu on iPad and iPhone.

All, participated and unread.

I use the all.

If anyone wanted to know.

Thanx to Tech for continually working to resolve the problems. :)

Just a suggestion or two for posters...I also use "New Posts" (and miss it)...but...regarding forum navigation and features...

You can access the upper/parent forum hierarchy ("WS Crime Sleuthing Community) by clicking at the top of the screen when in the forum (NOT on the Home screen/tab, if on the Home screen/tab, click on the Forums tab). The upper forum hierarchy shows you all the forums, and you can click on their links (names) to get to them.

Also, you can see the forum hierarchy for any given forum, when in a forum, by looking at the top of the screen...the forum names go from left to right and should be clickable.

For example, if you're in the "Missing Forum Discussion" forum...

Missing Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

look at the top of the screen...you will see that it's closest "parent" forum is "Missing!" (at the immediate left of the forum name)...you can click on that and see all the forums within it.

I also use UserCP (a tab on the upper left) which shows you all the threads to which you're subscribed. You can set your Options (in UserCP) to automagickally ;) subscribe yourself (or not) whenever you post to a thread. You can also manually subscribe (or unsub) to a thread (when in the thread) by clicking on "Thread Tools" and then "subscribe".

You can also subscribe to a forum (when in a forum, not a thread) by clicking on "Forum Tools" and then "subscribe". That will show you (in UserCP) the name of the latest updated thread in that forum.

Be sure to select "no email" when subscribing if you don't want to be flooded with emails whenever a subscribed thread has a new post. ;) I don't recall if the same option is presented when subscribing to a forum.

Don't forget that the arrow to the left of a thread name takes you to the next unread post in a thread (except for timing constraints due to system configuration, so you may miss some posts if you haven't been to the thread within those timing constraints), and the arrow at the end of a thread name takes you to the last post in a thread.

HTH!

While the New Posts page is working fine, at least as of the time of this post, the Search feature isn't working properly.

I was looking for Dark Knight's thread on the supermoon tomorrow so I could bump it and remind people, and typed in the term "perigee," which I'd used earlier in the week on that thread. "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

The phenomenon repeated itself with other search terms, although on occasion it would list perhaps one thread instead of the several I know a term to have been used on (for example, the term "supermoon" returned one result, and it wasn't for Dark Knight's thread).

While the New Posts page is working fine, at least as of the time of this post, the Search feature isn't working properly.

I was looking for Dark Knight's thread on the supermoon tomorrow so I could bump it and remind people, and typed in the term "perigee," which I'd used earlier in the week on that thread. "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

The phenomenon repeated itself with other search terms, although on occasion it would list perhaps one thread instead of the several I know a term to have been used on (for example, the term "supermoon" returned one result, and it wasn't for Dark Knight's thread).

Yep, I'm going crazy after just looking at the moon a few minutes ago (NM) and wanted to get some feed back and could not find the thread with a search of "supermoon". BUT, someone go look at the moon if you read this and tell me if you see a halo and an almost duplicate of the moon upon itself. The supermoon is tomorrow at 11:?? EST, but unless my eyes are "tripping" from a serious head cold, it's just really weird tonight.:what: Time now is 3:27AM mountain time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back