Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSueMe

Former Member
Reaction score
Trial Discussion Thread:

reposting a few of the warnings:

Okay everybody - LISTEN UP! We are not bashing, accusing or blaming Tori's family here. It won't be allowed.

Children walk home from school every day without incident. Parents are not perfect, it's just not possible. Tori's parents DID NOT do this to her. TLM and an accomplice DID. That is where the blame goes.

We had a lot of family bashing in the early parts of this investigation after Tori went missing and a lot of baseless accusations - NONE OF WHICH PROVED TO BE TRUE. Victim and family bashing will not be allowed during this trial.

Thank you,
Salem

---------------------------------

As some of you may have noticed, the members following this case are dropping in numbers. It's disheartening to us because we need and welcome discussion of both sides of every issue on Websleuths.

Zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance. Please discuss this case with respect to your fellow members. Subtle and veiled harassment and/or talking in code about other members will not be tolerated.

A word of caution on the Alerts in this forum. If you alert a post, make sure it is a clear violation of our Terms of Service. A difference of opinion is not a violation of TOS.

Please note that everything discussed in court and printed/tweeted is now within the realm of discussion. WS has never and does not now have a policy of "innocent until proven guilty." That is for the court room. Here, we discuss, speculate, theorize and judge according to the opinions we develop from following the case.

Keeping that in mind, abuse of our alert system is a good way to find yourself in timeout or worse. Abuse of the alert systems includes, but is not limited to:

Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;
Demanding a specific outcome;
Alerting on the same post more than once.

Once you have alerted a post, move on and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners.

Following this trial is very important to our members and we're going to see that they have their day in court. The "zero tolerance" policy in this forum will continue and it will be enforced.

Thank you and please carry on.
Sue aka SoSueMe
Websleuths Co-Owner

------

Please keep discussion focused on what has been presented in testimony and remember to link up as the partial publication ban is still in place

I'm hoping things wrap up today and the jury will begin deliberations. Probably just wishful thinking on my part LOL

Salem

Good Morning!

cda14e5b484386539cf3ef69670a.jpeg

We're nearing the end of the trial, Victoria. Justice is coming. Sending our thoughts and prayers to your daddy and mommy and big brother. You will always be in our hearts. xoxo

Candle-With-Butterfly-Animated-butterflies-7980125-250-236.gif

Crown set to wrap up Rafferty trial arguments

Crown attorney Kevin Gowdey told the jury Tuesday that Rafferty used Terri-Lynne McClintic as a “violent pawn” to help him carry out his “evil intentions.”

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/217165/crown-set-to-wrap-up-rafferty-trial-arguments/

Crown to finish closing arguments in Rafferty trial

He attempted to throw police off his trail by repeating rumours about Tori's mother, though he could have just as easily said a "raging homicidal maniac" is responsible and pointed police to Tori's body, Gowdey said.

One of Rafferty's most telling actions after April 8 was buying hair dye for McClintic once surveillance video was released showing her leading Tori away from school, Gowdey said.

"Why would a horrified witness who was an innocent dupe of Ms. McClintic take the steps to make the real killer change her appearance?" he said.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120509/120509_stafford_trial/20120509/?hub=CP24Home

6343177.bin

When I see pictures of Tori, I see my own daughter looking at me. Tori is one of us, one of OUR daughters who never deserved to have her life taken from her. Both must be punished for what they did to her. Our children are not the pawns of deviant members of society. It must stop. These are our kids. xoxoxoxo RIP Tori. Justice is coming. The sadness will always remain. :cry:

More closing arguments by the Crown are expected throughout day 37 of the first degree murder trial of Michael Rafferty.

Kevin Gowdey says he will require the majority of Wednesday to finish his summary of the final 5 chapters with the jury.

Gowdey ended his first day of closing submissions on Tuesday by talking about the contents of Michael Rafferty’s Blue 2003 Honda Civic, Rafferty’s Gym bag that was found within the car containing evidence of tiny fragments of blood that were found on the bottom of the bag mixed with Rafferty’s DNA. Those findings were determined through a Forensic Pathologist in earlier testimony.

Gowdey also spoke about other blood samples in the car and other DNA that was found that could not be ruled out that it belonged to 8 year old Tori Stafford.

Gowdey also touched on the importance of Terri-Lynne McClintic’s testimony of how she described under oath how Michael Rafferty brutally and repeatedly raped Tori Stafford before he allegedly threw the girl to the ground and struck her 4 times in the head with both ends of a hammer while she was smothered with garbage bags.

Gowdey explained to the jury "McClintic’s testimony defies the idea that the sexual assault could not have happened”.

Closing arguments will resume this morning at 10:00AM.

http://www.1047.ca/local-news/michael-rafferty-trial

How will we know when a verdict is reached? I guess continue to follow the tweets? Does anybody know which reporter will alert to a verdict? I'll sign up with them. Thanks.

n/t: I think London Free Press and AM980 will always be in court so I would go with them on getting the alerts.

What time does court start? It's 6:48 a.m. here. Should I go back to bed for another hour? Do I remember someone saying that it starts at 10 Ontario time?

n/t

RANDY RICHMOND, The London Free Press

he said so yesterday in one of his tweets

What time does court start? It's 6:48 a.m. here. Should I go back to bed for another hour? Do I remember someone saying that it starts at 10 Ontario time?

Yes, 10 a.m. Ontario time... sleep well :)

You should be able to get another hour sleep in. Should start in just over an hr.

Good morning all. Hopefully if there is any doubt in any of the jurors minds it will be erased today.

After discussing yesterday with my husband the outcome of the closing arguments he said that there is in his opinion not enough evidence to find him guilty in all three points without a doubt. He really believes too that MTR is guilty in everything but worries that the jury can built a verdict on what they have. Is anybody thinking the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie