Date Of Birth: January 14, 1976
Height: 4'6" (137 cm)
Weight: 49 lbs (22 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: She has a birthmark
on her right hip, white bumps on her back, a star-shaped scar
on the inside of her right arm and two small scars under her chin. Case Number: F87-0694

Details of Disappearance
Jennifer was last seen at approximately 3 p.m. when she left a grocery store in the Lemmon Valley area of Reno, Nevada.
After Jennifer’s 19-year-old brother gave her some money for some treats, she walked to a friend’s house to see if she wanted to come. When 20 minutes went by, Jennifer’s brother walked into the 7-Eleven store. The clerk told him Jennifer, a regular customer, bought the items, walked outside and turned left. Jennifer lived with her large family in a mobile home behind the 7-Eleven. Since her disappearance, no link has been made to other child abduction cases.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
(775) 328-3001
</B>
Source Information
NCMEC

http://www.nampn.org/cases/martin_jennifer.html

The last time anyone saw 11-year-old Jennifer Martin, she was walking barefoot in 1987 out of a convenience store behind her Lemmon Valley home after buying a candy bar and some pop.

She should have been back home in two minutes. What happened to the freckle-faced girl who loved unicorns and Cabbage Patch Kids?

When Jennifer went missing that Sunday afternoon June 28, 1987, Tony Franko, also of Lemmon Valley, had already been missing for four years. The 10-year-old disappeared after walking to school in May 1983.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120424/NEWS/304240005/1002

Tomorrow will be 25 years that Jennifer has been gone. She would be 36 years old now.

Jennifer, where are you?

martin_jennifer.jpg
martin_jennifer2.jpg

Bumping for Jennifer. Investigators are reviewing the disappearance of Anthony Franko. They believe he was at a 7-11 store before he disappeared. Both him and Jennifer are from the Lemmon Valley area; could they be talking about the exact same store? If they are, there's a good chance it's the same perpetrator, and I'm sure LE is aware of this connection. Or it could just be an unfortunate coincidence.

"Cold Case: 28-Year-Old Mystery, What Happened To Jennifer Martin?"

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Cold-Case-28-Year-Old-Mystery-What-Happened-To-Jennifer-Martin-309664071.html

11-year-old Jennifer Martin walked out of a Lemmon Valley 7-11 and was never seen again. Her disappearance remains unsolved, but not forgotten.

"There's not a day goes by I don't think of her many times," says her sister Colleen.

It's been 28 years since Colleen Martin or anyone else last saw her sister. A Secret Witness re-enactment produced back then shows most of what we know about that day.

Not sure of this author's source, but this account is according someone on Jennifer Lee Martin (1976-1987) - Find A Grave...

"Martin was last seen at approximately 3:00 p.m. in the Lemmon Valley area of Reno, Nevada on June 28, 1987.
She made a purchase at a 7-11 convenience store and disappeared while walking away from the business towards home.
Martin has never been heard from again.

A defrocked priest named Stephen Kiesle became a suspect in Martin's case in mid-2002.
He has since been arrested and charged with molesting three girls at the Santa Paula Catholic Church in Fremont, where he worked from 1968 to 1971.
Police searched his yard three times, using cadaver-sniffing dogs, radar, and a backhoe.
They were looking not only for evidence in Martin's disappearance but also evidence in the disappearances of Jaycee Dugard, Amber Swartz-Garcia and Anthony Franko.

The only item that was located was a bag full of dirt and decomposed clothing.
The searches concluded in July 2002.
Martin's case remains unsolved. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and is believed to have been abducted."

I have seen people posting online about Stephen Kiesle possibly being connected to this case but I have not yet seen a legit source making that connection.

The perp in the Michaela Joy Garecht abduction was believed to have driven an old American made car. I wonder if Jennifer, Tony and Michaela were all taken by the same man.

Where is Jennifer??? Does anybody not believe her case is connected to that of Anthony Franco? I wonder how often she went to this 7-11.

June 26 2019
Cold case gets attention online and on pizza boxes
"LEMMON VALLEY, NV (KOLO) -- The known facts in the disappearance of 11-year-old Jennifer Martin have remained frustratingly unchanged through three decades of investigation."

jennifer+martin.jpg

Jennifer Martin.
About 3 o'clock on the afternoon of June 28, 1987, she left her home in a Lemmon Valley mobile home park and walked to a 7-Eleven store barely a block away, bought a few items, walked out the door and simply, incredibly, disappeared.

Every year at this time her sister Colleen relives that day.

"Toward the first of June, the end of May I just start feeling very sad."

Colleen Martin has kept a lonely watch all those years, living in the same home, surrounded by pictures of her sister and maintaining her same phone number--the one her sister knew. Just in case.

"I have pictures of her up in my house and I have a ritual. I say good morning to her every day."

"Her logical side tells her the young girl she knew is gone. But she still clings to a sliver of hope and she waits for any answer."

"I feel someone who is here in the community knows something and it's time to come forward," says Bixby.

Veteran investigators say a recalled memory, perhaps thought insignificant at the time, can solve cases like this.

As always, anyone with information that may be helpful is asked to call the Washoe County Sheriff's office or Secret Witness, at 775-322-4900."

Colleen Martin has kept a lonely watch all those years, living in the same home, surrounded by pictures of her sister and maintaining her same phone number--the one her sister knew. Just in case.

"I have pictures of her up in my house and I have a ritual. I say good morning to her every day."

"Her logical side tells her the young girl she knew is gone. But she still clings to a sliver of hope and she waits for any answer."

"I feel someone who is here in the community knows something and it's time to come forward," says Bixby

Bumping for Jennifer. The neighborhood I grew up in was down the road and across the street from a 7-11 too, and as kids, my sister and I would walk up there to get Slurpees all the time. To think that someone could have grabbed one of us and taken off, without anyone seeing a thing, is so frightening.

I’ve seen some people state that Anthony Franko was headed to the same 7-11 when he vanished only a few years before, but I haven’t seen that in any of the news articles; if true, I think there’s a strong possibility that both fell victim to the same predator. Someone knows something, and I hope that person comes forward soon and helps to bring Jennifer and her family some bit of justice. It’s never too late for the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back