NJ - Dr. Edelfonso Mendez for child *advertiser censored*, Newark, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] NEWARK, N.J. -- A family doctor from Passaic has pleaded guilty to possession of child *advertiser censored* and admitted there were up to 600 pictures and videos of youngsters engaged in sex acts stored on his computer.

Edelfonso Mendez, 40, admitted guilt Friday and now faces up to 10 years in prison when he is sentenced March 7.

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Authorities said Mendez was one of a number of New Jersey residents caught in a child *advertiser censored* sweep that started in September 2003 and also nabbed two former ministers, a former school principal and elementary and high school teachers.

Full Story
[/font]

Wasnt there another doctor awhile ago who got in trouble for the same thing and got even less time? :bang: Wrong,wrong,wrong!

messiecake said:
Wasnt there another doctor awhile ago who got in trouble for the same thing and got even less time? :bang: Wrong,wrong,wrong!
I worked with a family doctor a number of years ago - he did his residency at the hospital where I worked. He was arrested shortly after completing his residency when he tried to have sex with an 8 year old & her mother whom he had connected with online. He was arrested in either Washington or Oregon - where he had traveled to meet the woman. He was a resident of New Mexico at the time, working for the US Health Service at the Indian reservation (with his WIFE! Also a family doc) . Unfortunately for him - it was actually a US Customs agent posing as the mother & he was caught in a sting operation. Once that went down, they searched his home & found more incriminating evidence - child *advertiser censored*, etc. on his computer. He claimed he was doing "research". Uh huh..yeah sure buddy!

Anyway - he received 6 years in federal prison for this deed. I think he eventually ended up in NJ to serve his sentence. I never liked the guy when he was a resident - but it was a shocker to see this go down. His wife stayed by his side through the whole thing - still supports him as far as I know. Idiot.

OB RN said:
His wife stayed by his side through the whole thing - still supports him as far as I know. Idiot.

What a sick story, but even sicker that the wife stuck with him.

luvbeaches said:
What a sick story, but even sicker that the wife stuck with him.
No kidding. We knew her too - she also did her residency with us. Interestingly, she was of Asian descent, petite, child-like in appearance, and was extremely naive. She was nice - no one could figure out how those two ended up together.

OB RN said:
No kidding. We knew her too - she also did her residency with us. Interestingly, she was of Asian descent, petite, child-like in appearance, and was extremely naive. She was nice - no one could figure out how those two ended up together.

Interesting. He probably liked the child-like qualities...ugh. It makes me sick to think about stuff like this.

I know someone who was charged with possessing child *advertiser censored* (the charges were later dropped). His wife is also very petite, and child-like in appearance. When this came down, everyone in our community freaked because this guy was involved with young girls (coaching). His wife also stuck by him through the entire thing. I'm not sure why the charges were dropped, but three others who were charged at the same time, were later convicted. I've always felt uncomfortable around this guy, although we really only saw each other at social events. I know the charges were dropped with this guy, but I can't help but think there was something going on.

This makes me so sad and so distrusting of motives. Other than here where are the GOOD people? Are we just a few or are there many more like us but they are silent? This is hard to hear about.........

concernedperson said:
This makes me so sad and so distrusting of motives. Other than here where are the GOOD people? Are we just a few or are there many more like us but they are silent? This is hard to hear about.........

I think there are a lot of good people, but sadly, I think there are more and more evil ones among us. For a long time it seemed like the crazies all looked like Charles Manson, but not these days....they all look like the guy or gal you sat next to at church last week.

I'll say one thing...you just got to be darn careful with your kids these days. You just can't let them out of your sight.

luvbeaches said:
I think there are a lot of good people, but sadly, I think there are more and more evil ones among us. For a long time it seemed like the crazies all looked like Charles Manson, but not these days....they all look like the guy or gal you sat next to at church last week.

I'll say one thing...you just got to be darn careful with your kids these days. You just can't let them out of your sight.
You are so right, luv. I think back to how my parents were when I was growing up: "Who, what, where, when & why" about everything I was doing. I hated it, but now I understand it, and will probably do the same thing if I ever have kids.

lisad71 said:
You are so right, luv. I think back to how my parents were when I was growing up: "Who, what, where, when & why" about everything I was doing. I hated it, but now I understand it, and will probably do the same thing if I ever have kids.

I grew up in the 50's-60's (out in the country), and we'd take off right after breakfast, and not return until lunch, then we'd be out the door again until dinner. We also "camped out" in our backyard and never once do I remember my mom or dad coming outside (they may have, I just don't remember).

Fast forward to the early 80's when I had my kids...and they did nothing like that! Even back then, I watched them like hawks. My kids also hated it, but now that they are older, they get it. It's too bad you have to be so diligent, but you just have to. We live in a "nanny cam" society these days.

I'm sure if you ever have children, you'll be just like your mom. Sounds like you had a great teacher... :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back