LA LA - Tara Bettencourt-Alexie, 28, New Orleans, 2 May 2012

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
5/9/2012

NOPD ASKING THE PUBLIC'S ASSISTANCE IN LOCATING A MISSING NEW ORLEANS WOMAN

Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 28-year-old Tara Bettencourt-Alexie, whose mother last contacted her by phone on Wednesday May 2, 2012.
Her mother advised that she became concerned when she was unable to contact her and has not seen or heard from her since.

Tara Bettencourt-Alexie is described as a Caucasian female, 5’3” tall and approximately 120 pounds with long straight black hair. She has a tattoo of a colorful butterfly on her lower back, a Fleur Delis and the word “DOLPHY” on her right foot.

http://www.nola.gov/en/PRESS/New-Or...tance-In-Locating-A-Missing-New-Orleans-Woman

4C8C6B9EDAD944018F5C2EF1C861967D.ashx

Is there any new or additional information on her? Is she married? children? Where was she last seen?

--- On Mon, 7/2/12, Hilal B. Williams <hbwilliams@nola.gov> wrote:

Subject: RE: Missing persons - New Orleans
To: <redacted>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2012, 3:24 PM

Here you go:

I went through the list and found the following persons are still determined as missing in our records.

Tara Bettencourt-Alexie
Donna Johnson
Kamathe Landry

If you should need anything else, let me know.

Thanks

Officer Hilal B. Williams
New Orleans Police Department
Public Affairs Division
Office: (504) 658-5858
Direct: (504) 658-5862
Cell: (504) 628-0547

LA LA - Jeanell Reed - 17 years old - New Orleans - 16-Jun-2011

LA LA - Tara Bettencourt-Alexie, 28, New Orleans, 2 May 2012

LA LA - Donna Johnson, 62, New Orleans, 2 Jun 2012

LA LA - Earl Tribble, 44, New Orleans, 25 Apr 2012

LA LA - Kamanthe Landry - 38 years old - New Orleans - 12-Apr-2012

LA LA - Albert Humphrey Jr, 43, New Orleans, 24 Feb 2012

LA LA - Taranika Batiste - 14 years old - New Orleans - 13 June 2010

LA LA - Bernisha Reddix - 14 years old - New Orleans - 30 Sept 2011

LA LA - Wesley Garrett - 16 years old - New Orleans - 21 March 2010

LA LA - Deborah Thibodeaux O'Neill - 55 years old - New Orleans - March 2010

LA LA - Samuel J. Emerson - 21 years old - New Orleans - 12 March 2010

LA LA - Tyran White - 17 years old - New Orleans - 23 May 2010

I emailed the NOLA police department and will update when/if I get a response.

I think NO is really getting a bad rep as a place where so many women go missing. Yes, too many do go legitimately missing. But the numbers aren't as high as they seem because so many of these women are located but we (the public) doesn't ever hear that they've been located.

Also, am I the only person who occasionally googles myself? If these women did, they'd see many people still think they're missing and might clear that up. Or maybe they don't care?

I think NO is really getting a bad rep as a place where so many women go missing. Yes, too many do go legitimately missing. But the numbers aren't as high as they seem because so many of these women are located but we (the public) doesn't ever hear that they've been located.

Also, am I the only person who occasionally googles myself? If these women did, they'd see many people still think they're missing and might clear that up. Or maybe they don't care?

I think its a dont care thing. I think the way it goes is that you have to let the police know yourself that you are okay, and possibly in person. If you can go "missing" without even letting a family member know you are okay, then chances are, you dont care who is worried about you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back