Arielle's Bizarre Theory

Arielle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Arielle’s Bizarre Theory

I promised everyone my weird theory about this case, and I finally have the time to sit down and write it out. I want to start with a disclaimer that while I think this theory is possible, I do not find it plausible and it most likely is not any more than the product of my fevered imagination. However, there is just something about it that makes me go, hmmm. So, I’m going to share it with you. Please feel free to attack the theory in any way you would like, but please don’t attack me for coming up with it.

The short version: the same person or persons killed Devon and Damon as killed JonBenet Ramsey!

Okay, now that you are sitting there speechless thinking that I’m completely nuts, I will tell you why I think this has a tiny grain of possibility. There are several parallels between the two cases, outlined below.

1. When looking at the two families, they are similar on the surface. In both cases, the fathers ran seemingly successful electronics businesses that they started in their garages. In the case of the Ramseys, the company was obviously much more successful, but on the surface, the Routier business also seemed to be doing well and providing the family with a high priced lifestyle.
2. In both cases, one child was left alive, (Burke and Drake) and the doted on highly visible child(ren) were murdered (JonBenet and Devon and Damon)
3. In both cases, there was ambiguous evidence of an intruder. In the Ramsey case, you have the basement window, the possibly unlocked door, a key given to someone. In the Routier case, you have the screen in the garage that was cut from the inside using a knife found in the kitchen.
4. In both cases, the murders were overkill. You have massive stab wounds to the two boys. Many of their wounds would have been fatal, not all were necessary to kill them. JonBenet was strangled, hit on the head, and possibly molested. We all know that either the strangulation or the head blow would have killed her.
5. In both cases, it seems that the mother was immediately, or almost so, considered the only suspect by police. In the Routier case, obviously, Darlie was convicted of the crime. In the Ramsey case, enough evidence to even try Patsy has not come to light. But most people consider both moms to be guilty of the murders.
6. I believe that the Ramseys had a trip to Texas (where I’m not exactly sure) right around the time of the Routier murders. If the same killer is responsible, this could be where he or she discovered the Ramseys.
7. Originally I think I had more, but this is all I can think of right now.

So, I suggest that the killer is some psychopath who has it in for self-made millionaires that own electronics companies. He/she/.they has decided that killing the children of these people is a better way to get even with them than killing the person himself/herself. Just imagine the pain, guilt, remorse that a parent of a murdered child must feel, especially if that child is murdered practically under your nose while you sleep. In the Routier case, this person cased the house a few times in the “mysterious black sportscar” and broke into the house sometime before the murder and cut the screen on the garage window with a knife from the kitchen. Then he broke in again on the night of the murder. He/she attacked the boys and killed them. Then, he/she attacked Darlie, but not necessarily with the intent to kill her, just to injure her greatly and make this trophy wife not so beautiful anymore. If she died, oh well, if not, she could suffer too. His intent was to frame Darren for these murders by the cutting of the window screen and by also attacking Darlie. When Darlie was accused and tried, that was good for him too. As a matter of fact, it made it even better for him that this loving mother was being put through this.

So, when he decided he’d kill a Ramsey child, he figured he’d frame the mother in this one. That is why everything used in the crime that has been identified was Patsy’s. Only this time, there wasn’t as much clear evidence to actually arrest the mother. No, I can’t explain the pineapple or the note in the Ramsey case using this theory. The only explanation I can conceive of for the note is a diabolical plot to throw suspicion back on Patsy by writing this ridiculous note that makes no sense for an intruder to have written.

Okay, that’s it. Its mostly garbage, I know. But, you have to admit (at least I do) that a few of these things are kinda creepy coincidence.

Hmmm...it is something to think about. However, why would someone travel around and just murder children? And if some crazy person is doing that, then why only target the successful electronics business people if the killer is not trying to get any money compensation? Why not just any old kid? Unless this person just has a grudge against electronics people.

Darin and Darlie were only bringing in about $60,000 at the time of the murder and at the peak of their "success," they were bringing in less than $300K. Nowhere near "millionaire" status. If a killer were looking for a millionaire (or above) in that area, it wouldn't have been hard to find.

Good story though.

Well, I don't see Devon and Damon being highly visible until after their murders, for one thing. Also, as Jeana pointed out, the Routiers were by no means millionaires.

If he wanted to mutilate Darlie, it would seem like he would have done some damage to her face. As it was, this intruder seems to be very careful not to strike her there, given her claim that she was fighting him. Or maybe it is true that she said "I was frightening!" She scared him off before he could finish with her.

Regards,
Pea

Arielle said:
In the Routier case, this person cased the house a few times in the “mysterious black sportscar” and broke into the house sometime before the murder and cut the screen on the garage window with a knife from the kitchen. Then he broke in again on the night of the murder. He/she attacked the boys and killed them. Then, he/she attacked Darlie, but not necessarily with the intent to kill her, just to injure her greatly and make this trophy wife not so beautiful anymore. If she died, oh well, if not, she could suffer too. His intent was to frame Darren for these murders by the cutting of the window screen and by also attacking Darlie. When Darlie was accused and tried, that was good for him too. As a matter of fact, it made it even better for him that this loving mother was being put through this..

How did I miss this before???
No, the screen was NOT cut during an earlier break in, because the Routiers were getting ready for a garage sale and had been in and out of the garage several times that day;
No, the intruder did NOT attack and kill the boys first. DARLIE was allegedly attacked first - they claim that SHE was the target of the intruder(s);
Darlie's "beauty" :sick: :sick: :sick: didn't seem to attract anything because her breast implants were miraclously untouched during the "violent" struggle and so was her face.

Jeana (DP) said:
Darlie's "beauty" :sick: :sick: :sick: didn't seem to attract anything because her breast implants were miraclously untouched during the "violent" struggle and so was her face.

How convenient !! :loser:

Good Story. I too see a lot of coincidences between the two tragedies, but I think that is because of the elaborate staging that went on to try to make it look like an intruder. This is just my opinion, but I believe there was No intruder in this case or in the Ramsey case. The only tangible link I see in the two cases is the elaborate staging made by family members to fake an intruder.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read that whole thing. I appreciate all the comments. Like I said, I don't believe it happened this way, its just something I dreamed up (literally) one night after a little overindulgence on the 4th of July! :HappyBday

We had some other old posters who had these thoughts:

One thought it was saten worshipers because of the date 6/6/96.

Another person thought it had something to do with "D" Day for the same reason.

Yet another poster (whom I still have emails from) said that he had the actual murder weapon :rolleyes: and that I should call the prosecutor and ask if they wanted to see it. Just to silence the fool, I did call a mutual friend and told him about it and said to bring it up and if they want to see the email, I'd be happy to show it to them. They were obviously not interested. :D

There was at least one poster on the JonBenet forum who actually thought that this theory had merit. It might have been two posters, now that I think about it. They shall remain nameless.

Jeana (DP) said:
How did I miss this before???
No, the screen was NOT cut during an earlier break in, because the Routiers were getting ready for a garage sale and had been in and out of the garage several times that day;
No, the intruder did NOT attack and kill the boys first. DARLIE was allegedly attacked first - they claim that SHE was the target of the intruder(s);

As well, the screen was cut from the outside, not the inside as she mentioned in her story.

Arielle said:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to read that whole thing. I appreciate all the comments. Like I said, I don't believe it happened this way, its just something I dreamed up (literally) one night after a little overindulgence on the 4th of July! :HappyBday

Well at least you didn't allege it was Tommy Lynn Sells. LOL

If you can bring in the grassy knoll, I'll be interested to read further. :crazy:

Who profited from these two business closings.

I can see someone trying to eliminate the competition as a motive but traveling to Co. and Tx would cost some money and most criminals don't have alot of that.
Possible- hired hit men, Your theory is very interesting and does bring a whole new thought to the case. I agree it is scary- the similarities

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
Who profited from these two business closings.

I can see someone trying to eliminate the competition as a motive but traveling to Co. and Tx would cost some money and most criminals don't have alot of that.
Possible- hired hit men, Your theory is very interesting and does bring a whole new thought to the case. I agree it is scary- the similarities

Devon, Damon and JonBenet were "the competition" ?????

Hired hit men!!!!! Yeah they usually take out the children don't they and leave the adults alive.

Jeana (DP) said:
We had some other old posters who had these thoughts:

One thought it was saten worshipers because of the date 6/6/96.

Another person thought it had something to do with "D" Day for the same reason.

Yet another poster (whom I still have emails from) said that he had the actual murder weapon :rolleyes: and that I should call the prosecutor and ask if they wanted to see it. Just to silence the fool, I did call a mutual friend and told him about it and said to bring it up and if they want to see the email, I'd be happy to show it to them. They were obviously not interested. :D
See JDP! The cops would not be interested in that! Remember, they are framing Darlie just like they are framing Peterson! The cops are really bad guys. When are you going to realize that all the people on DR are innocent? Innocent I say!!!!;)

deandaniellws said:
See JDP! The cops would not be interested in that! Remember, they are framing Darlie just like they are framing Peterson! The cops are really bad guys. When are you going to realize that all the people on DR are innocent? Innocent I say!!!!;)

:D :D :D :D :D Yup. Sure.

Texana said:
If you can bring in the grassy knoll, I'll be interested to read further. :crazy:
LOL! Really!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How do you think that the killers heard about the Routiers? They weren't high profile, just regular middle class joes. With JonBenet's shows, she was on display and the Ramseys were upper class.
I think your first sentence is correct. The same people did kill the children. The mothers or fathers or both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back