It simply makes no sense...

jayla

Inactive
Reaction score
If indeed it is true that Darlie' defense team has some "startling" new evidence they are holding on to, for what purpose? It reminds me too much of Jeffrey MacDonald's DNa evidence that supposedly the government (conspiracy, of course) has been holding on to for years. He has been using 9-11 as the reason they are withholding results now.
You know, if the evidence in both cases is so "overwhelming", don't you think they would both be screaming from the rooftops for additional testing PRONTO? I know I would. Unless, of course I wasn't sure what the results would be.

Jayla, that exactly what I've always thought. Waiting until they strap her down for the injection won't help her. They need to talk NOW.

The only good thing about the "super secret" defense is that they have an amazing ability to scam good folks who want to believe her stories.
I guess Darlie thinks it's ok because they cough up that much needed Hostess Twinkee money, stamp money, and a few bucks towards the losing defense effort.
You wouldn't believe it! Each of these supporters are made to believe they are "special", and therefore receiving some special, super secret information. Of course they can't "tell" but they all whisper. And so it begins. I guess everyone wants to feel special, and most of these supporters are good people, but there are so many others who just want to glom on to Darlie's "celebrity". I don't feel bad for those folks, but I do feel bad for the folks taken in by this false kind of secret insider kind of thing. I can't tell you the amount of really cool people I've known over the years who have been completely taken. For a while.
Thankfully because I really like these people, most of them start to see the light sooner or later.

dasgal said:
Thankfully because I really like these people, most of them start to see the light sooner or later.

For the ones we've been able to show the other side of the fence to, its all been worth it!!!! ;)

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Nice to meet everyone.

The thing that I find so sad, appalling, frustrating, and disgusting about this case is this: It is left to complete strangers to demand justice for the victims.

In my opinion, the boys' father has chosen to ignore the evidence and defend their killer. Granted he doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but who is that blinded by love? Unless he is somehow involved...

The boys maternal grandmother, understandably, seems to be busy working so that she doesn't have to see her daughter executed.

But where are the boys' maternal grandfather, paternal grandparents, aunts, uncles, close family friends, classmates' parents, teachers, neighborhood friends' parents, babysitters, etc. etc. etc.

I just find it very puzzling that the victims in the case seem to have been forgotten by so many people, while many of the principals have no qualms about very publicly supporting Darlie Routier.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Well, to the majority of people, justice will be done for the boys -- their killer is in prison awaiting sentence of death.

Regards,
Pea

I agree that the fact that the boys killer is being punished is justice.

The thing is, there are so many pro-Darlie websites, TV specials, etc. out in the media. I have seen lots of people over the years on TV speaking on behalf of Darlie and working for a new trial for her.

In my opinion, if I were one of the boys relatives, I would have a really hard time with that and I don't think I would be able to keep from speaking out in the media to counter the pro-Darlie buzz. I think I would be very angry that people were defending my loved one's killer and I would want to make sure that people knew the truth about said killer and her defenders.

Also, all that media hype could have some effect. So far, not in the courts, but I would be afraid that if I kept quiet, a groundswell of support for freeing the killer would occur. So far that really hasn't happened, but when all the media started for a long time it looked, at least to me, that the winds were turning in Darlie's favor.

I don't see a groundswell of support having any effect on freeing her. Karla Faye had a huge amount of media support as her execution date drew near. She was executed anyway. All the for Darlie buzz has come to nothing so far, and I expect it to get louder as her appeals run out. Let the for Darlie people scream all they want. Why argue in the media, when the decisions that matter are made in the court? The courts considering her appeals are not going to take the media reports and website verbiage into consideration when making their decisions on her appeals.

Regards,
Pea

I think that many of the "pro" Darlie websites are not so much "pro" Darlie, but "anti" death penalty. If she had been given life without, they wouldn't even be a blip on the radar screen.

It is tragic that Darin doesn't seem to be that interested in finding the "real killers" and the only people who seem to be deeply upset and still seeking justice for these little children, are strangers to them.

The only way it makes sense is if you accept that Darin has some culpability in their deaths. Then it all becomes much more acceptable for any rational mind.

Texana said:
It is tragic that Darin doesn't seem to be that interested in finding the "real killers" and the only people who seem to be deeply upset and still seeking justice for these little children, are strangers to them.

The only way it makes sense is if you accept that Darin has some culpability in their deaths. Then it all becomes much more acceptable for any rational mind.
This is so true, if he knows the truth, why would he have covered for her, I'd damn well be "petrified" to live with a knife wielding "killer" had she been found innocent! Something just doesn't "jell" with that man. I feel he's getting away with alot! Why couldn't they charge him with perjury or something? This is what makes me "unsure" about the death penalty for Darlie. Darin had to have some "role" in this sad tragedy.

AllShookUp said:
This is so true, if he knows the truth, why would he have covered for her, I'd damn well be "petrified" to live with a knife wielding "killer" had she been found innocent! Something just doesn't "jell" with that man. I feel he's getting away with alot! Why couldn't they charge him with perjury or something? This is what makes me "unsure" about the death penalty for Darlie. Darin had to have some "role" in this sad tragedy.

You can't charge someone for perjury just because you think they're telling a lie. You have to be able to prove it. If that day ever comes, something tells me that they'd try to get him on something, even though the statute on "perjury" in and of itself is gone. I get the feeling the detectives and the DA don't really care for Darin too much!

Well, Darin did make that comment along the lines of "this being about the biggest thing to happen to Rowlett" knowing at least one of his sons had been brutally killed--I have to say that would just about be the last thing on my mind at a time like that.

Weren't there a few other choice comments Darin made that earned him the dislike?

I think even Rusty Yates came across better than Darin, and the detectives didn't like him either.

I think what you're referring to is that apparently, some of the first words Darin said to the cops were "Did you see my wife's big breasts?" or something like that.

I think Darin and Darlie had a kind of toxic, codependent relationship, similar to that of alcoholic-enabler. That helps explain any of the scenarios and makes the more chilling possibilities believable:
a) Darin is innocent and believes Darlie
b) Darin is innocent, but knows Darlie did it and is still with her anyway
c) Darin and Darlie murdered the children together

I think Darin and Darlie had a kind of toxic, codependent relationship, similar to that of alcoholic-enabler. That helps explain any of the scenarios and makes the more chilling possibilities believable:
a) Darin is innocent and believes Darlie
b) Darin is innocent, but knows Darlie did it and is still with her anyway
c) Darin and Darlie murdered the children togeth

I would agree with you on that completely.

I think c) is unlikely. I lean towards a) more than b) but think that subconsciously Darin knows Darlie is not innocent. Believing b) means accepting that Darin loves Darlie so much that he would pretty much instantly forgive her for stabbing to death their precious boys. If that IS the case then their relationship is/was indeed not only toxic but bordering on psycotic I would say.

Dani_T said:
I would agree with you on that completely.

I think c) is unlikely. I lean towards a) more than b) but think that subconsciously Darin knows Darlie is not innocent. Believing b) means accepting that Darin loves Darlie so much that he would pretty much instantly forgive her for stabbing to death their precious boys. If that IS the case then their relationship is/was indeed not only toxic but bordering on psycotic I would say.

Good post Dani. I wish that the extent of Darin's involvement could be known. I'm no psychiatrist, but I think this type of thing would be worth examining. My opinion varies from thinking that he probably knew it was going to happen eventually to he is telling the truth and just came down stairs after Darlie was "ready" for him to and what he says is the truth.

Darin was involved, I believe, in illegal activities prior to the murders.
I think that Darlie is/was aware of some of these activities, but not all of them. I think Darin wanted Darlie to think he was takin care of business, and his business was going down the crapper at an alarmingly fast rate. She liked to shop, both for herself and those around her, and I believe Darin liked to let her do so. I think they argued A LOT. I think the arguments were mostly about money, but I think that Darlie probably also accused him of cheating on her, whether she actually believed that he was or not.

There is something to the argument that they had that night though. I don't know what it was, but something happened that night in their argument that hadn't happened before. I tend to think that Darlie was used to telling Darin that she was getting a divorce, blah, blah, blah . . . but I think this time, Darin either said it first or when she threatened to do it, he shocked the crap out of her by saying he thought it was going to really happen this time. Whatever it was that he said to her blew her out of the water. She snapped.

If you look at the video of the grave-side birthday party, its pretty obvious that Darlie is having the time of her life. Darin, however, kinda looks like someone punched him in the stomach. He at least looks like what would be expected considering where they were. That to me, has always made me wonder just how involved he was in what happened that night. OR, is he thinking about something he had done that no one has found out about yet and he's worried that they would?????

I read the transcripts to the trial over the past week.....wow is about all I can say about that! There was one point in the transcripts where an officer was asked what was found in the house that night and he answered "marijuana"....that was objected to and sustained giving way to another sidebar. It sounded like there were things in the house that could not be mentioned and the judge did instruct the jury to disregard that comment.

So.......what all was found in the home that wasn't allowed into the trial? Besides pot? Thought it was odd that the insurance papers and SS cards were out that night too.....

chicoliving said:
So.......what all was found in the home that wasn't allowed into the trial? Besides pot? Thought it was odd that the insurance papers and SS cards were out that night too.....

The motion in limine has never been made public, so all we have are rumors. I believe that there was a photo album that was open and had blood on it. I believe that there were photos and papers out. I heard about the weed. I also heard a "rumor" that there may have been some cocaine residue on something in the home - but I don't know if that is true or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back