The Girlfriend's Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear it correctly at the end she said TM was saying "Get off, get off"?

Did I hear it correctly at the end she said TM was saying "Get off, get off"?

She did say that, but she also said that was after the headset had already fallen off. So I don't know how she would be able to figure out which one was saying "get off."

She did say that, but at that time head phones were already off. So I don't know how she would be able to figure out which one was saying "get off."

Maybe she knows Trayvon's voice? She had already stated that GZ sounded like an old man or something like that...

She also kept saying he heard a "little bit", I think it's just the way she speaks?

Maybe she knows Trayvon's voice? She had already stated that GZ sounded like an old man or something like that...

She also kept saying he heard a "little bit", I think it's just the way she speaks?

GZ sure doesn't sound like an "old man" to me. And never mind he is only 28. And she only came up with "get off" after much probing from an interviewer.

She did say that, but she also said that was after the headset had already fallen off. So I don't know how she would be able to figure out which one was saying "get off."
I think its obvious that she knew her boyfriends voice. I could tell people apart by voice even from a distance. I think most people could do the same.

I think its obvious that she knew her boyfriends voice. I could tell people apart by voice even from a distance. I think most people could do the same.

She also thinks that Trayvon was the one punched when the head set fell off, but she didn't witness it. So why did she make that conclusion? If he was punched, why doesn't he have any injuries to show that he was punched? Nothing except an injury to a finger below a knuckle. She had to be probed repeatedly on what she heard after the head set was off, which indicates to me she isn't all that sure.

GZ sure doesn't sound like an "old man" to me. And never mind he is only 28. And she only came up with "get off" after much probing from an interviewer.

Not to mention it wasn't mentioned in the not-really-an-interview that was done by.. CNN?

Not to mention it wasn't mentioned in the not-really-an-interview that was done by.. CNN?

And I believe that the Martin's family lawyer didn't mention it either. Doesn't appear like anything about "get off" came out until the interviewer kept on probing and probing.

She also thinks that Trayvon was the one punched when the head set fell off, but she didn't witness it. So why did she make that conclusion? She had to be probed repeatedly on what she heard after the head set was off, which indicates to me she isn't all that sure.
I disagree. I really think she was just very upset and emotional and it was extremely hard for her to talk about it. Did you notice how she said she felt very guilty?

The poor thing must feel horrible about not being able to help him that night. I know I would be devastated. They are just kids. :( This is going to haunt the poor girl for the rest of her life.

I also think that she is telling the absolute truth because if she wanted to make up a story, it would have been a much more damaging story than that was.

BBM, yeah, I was having troubling following along the first time I listened.

I think by "little bit" she means that she didn't hear it as loudly as she heard the other things (before Trayvon's headset was knocked off)

Was she on medication to deal with anxiety? I empathize with her position, in grief for her boyfriend, but she sounds drugged out of her mind. I wonder if they interviewed her later, when she was more lucid. In this tape, she sounds like an EXTREMELY sleepy 30+ year old, not like a young teenage girl.

I disagree. I really think she was just very upset and emotional and it was extremely hard for her to talk about it. Did you notice how she said she felt very guilty?

The poor thing must feel horrible about not being able to help him that night. I know I would be devastated. They are just kids. :( This is going to haunt the poor girl for the rest of her life.

I also think that she is telling the absolute truth because if she wanted to make up a story, it would have been a much more damaging story than that was.

What do you disagree about? She was emotional, but what does that have to do with how accurate the statement was? She speculates Trayvon was the one punched when the head set fell off, yet where are the injuries to Trayvon to support that idea? She might have heard something regarding "get off" but that was already after head set was off. So whatever she heard was likely very faint.

<snip for relevance>

Bold: I absolutely did. My immediate thought was "Are you kidding me? You felt guilty yet you didn't contact anyone even after learning that your boyrfriend was shot?"

Note: "Anyone" includes Mr. Martin's parents, the local law enforcement, an attorney, ANYONE.

WOW I just listened to her statement and am tearing up..She sounds so upset and she should not feel guilty...I hope her parents get her help to deal with this....IMHO JMHO and all that

Was she on medication to deal with anxiety? I empathize with her position, in grief for her boyfriend, but she sounds drugged out of her mind. I wonder if they interviewed her later, when she was more lucid. In this tape, she sounds like an EXTREMELY sleepy 30+ year old, not like a young teenage girl.

You have a baseline voice to compare this to?

I don't and would like a link if you have one.

Also, to me, it sounds like she was crying/emotional.

And I believe that the Martin's family lawyer didn't mention it either. Doesn't appear like anything about "get off" came out until the interviewer kept on probing and probing.

He did not probe her to say that, he probed her clarify what she had already said.

I would assume if she was his girlfriend spent 5 hours or so on the phone with him just that day, she would recognize his voice????

Bold: I absolutely did. My immediate thought was "Are you kidding me? You felt guilty yet you didn't contact anyone even after learning that your boyrfriend was shot?"

Note: "Anyone" includes Mr. Martin's parents, the local law enforcement, an attorney, NO ONE.

She is not a trained law enforcement officer or investigator. I refuse to shift the blame to a 15-16 year old child. They didn't do their jobs, regardless of what obstacles stood in the way---they didn't get to her like they should have. Witnesses don't always come forward...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member