"If somebody thinks they're going to take my animals, it's going to be a small Waco"

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Wynnewood OK, the place's location, is about 65 miles south of Oklahoma City.

'If they walk in here and take my animals away, it's going to be a small Waco':
Zoo owner's pledge after being accused of letting children play with tigers
(Daily Mail)
The owner of an exotic animal park accused of letting children handle tigers has said any attempt to take the animals away would lead to 'a small Waco'.

Joe Schreibvogel, owner of the GW Exotic Animal Park, made the emotive reference to the siege and eventual death of scores of people in Texas after his Oklahoma zoo was accused of allowing youngsters to handle and pose for photographs with tigers.

The Humane Society of the United States has called his park 'a petting zoo for carnivores' and Wayne Pacelle, head of the animal rights organisation, said allowing visitors to handle the unpredictable animals placed them at risk.
---
The Society had an undercover worker at the park last year who videotaped what he saw, including children mingling with exotic cats that are too old to be safe playmates. The investigator witnessed or heard about six incidents in which tiger cubs bit or scratched park visitors, Mr Pacelle said.

The Society's website said the undercover investigator recorded 'tiger deaths, unwarranted breeding and dangerous incidents involving children and adults'.
---
much more, with pictures and a video, at DM link above

Oh this is so wrong. I've mentioned before that my SIL works at an animal reserve in Africa (for the last 4 years).

The main attraction at Boskoppie is the carnivore breeding project which consists of 70 lions, tigers and jaguars. Take a guided tour through the camps to view the lions and other carnivores in their natural habitat. On Sundays you can share the excitement when the lions feed.

Visitors can only interact with the babies, and not the big lions and tigers. Matter of fact, my SIL had a nice portion of her ear chewed off by one of the bigger guys - they are not to be messed around with.

I am shocked and saddened that this plack in OK is letting adult cats around children. They can be killed in seconds, and there's NO way to stop it. Even if you shoot the animal, the damage is done. I think the animals are being treated unfairly, and should be removed before someone is killed.

Nope - even the most trained adults have to be very careful around the big cats. This is my SIL with a couple of the babies (she takes care of the newborns).

babies.jpg

If the guy is breeding so he has a ready supply of cubs to please tourists what is happening to them all when they get older? Ain't no way he can support hundreds of adult cats as the cubs age.

If this guy cared about the CATS he wouldn't put them in that position. I fear his "Waco" comments imply he may kill/burn all of the animals in a great firestorm if they raid his complex.

His "another Waco" comment is particularly assinine as he's an hour from OKC's Murrah Building memorial for 168 victims of a bombing which was said to be in "retaliation" for Waco.

Oh this is so wrong. I've mentioned before that my SIL works at an animal reserve in Africa (for the last 4 years).

The main attraction at Boskoppie is the carnivore breeding project which consists of 70 lions, tigers and jaguars. Take a guided tour through the camps to view the lions and other carnivores in their natural habitat. On Sundays you can share the excitement when the lions feed.

Visitors can only interact with the babies, and not the big lions and tigers. Matter of fact, my SIL had a nice portion of her ear chewed off by one of the bigger guys - they are not to be messed around with.

I am shocked and saddened that this plack in OK is letting adult cats around children. They can be killed in seconds, and there's NO way to stop it. Even if you shoot the animal, the damage is done. I think the animals are being treated unfairly, and should be removed before someone is killed.

Nope - even the most trained adults have to be very careful around the big cats. This is my SIL with a couple of the babies (she takes care of the newborns).

View attachment 22324

your s.i.l. has my dream job

oh how I envy her

I believe wild animals belong in the wild, unless their living conditions are replicated for breeding purposes to combat extinction or as a sanctuary for those rescued from exploitative/abusive situations

this guys threats indicate to me that the animals are not his first priority (more likely making money is)

This is the fourth time the agency has investigated the park and its owner for violations of the Animal Welfare Act, which protects warm-blooded animals that are displayed to the public for compensation, Sacks said.

In a 2006 agreed decision, Schreibvogel was fined $25,000 and had his exhibitor's license suspended for two weeks for deficiencies at his park.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tting-children-play-tigers.html#ixzz1vK0N0Rnk

ok, so this guy is no stranger to the system and yet six years later, he still can't get it right?

and he has the audacity to think he's in the right?

His "another Waco" comment is particularly assinine as he's an hour from OKC's Murrah Building memorial for 168 victims of a bombing which was said to be in "retaliation" for Waco.

That comment alone should have gotten him locked up on a domestic terrorism charge. :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back