Obsolete Laws Cleared

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
These are sooooooooo funny!

It's now legal to bring an insane person into Washington County, dance immodestly or let more than 25 mules cross a Virgin River bridge.

These acts were illegal until Tuesday, when the Washington County Commission cleaned its books of a raft of obsolete laws.

The housecleaning came as commissioners adopted a modern, comprehensive county code.

The former county code was a collection of laws dating as far back as 1896, when ordinances were handwritten and stored in bulky, oversized books............
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=14&u=/ap/obsolete_laws

_

messiecake said:
These are sooooooooo funny!

It's now legal to bring an insane person into Washington County, dance immodestly or let more than 25 mules cross a Virgin River bridge.

These acts were illegal until Tuesday, when the Washington County Commission cleaned its books of a raft of obsolete laws.

The housecleaning came as commissioners adopted a modern, comprehensive county code.

The former county code was a collection of laws dating as far back as 1896, when ordinances were handwritten and stored in bulky, oversized books............

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=14&u=/ap/obsolete_laws

_
I just told my husband about this post. Since he was watching a football game , he decided he could take me dancing immodestly leading 25 mules over the Virgin River Bridge. He knows I am insane for iterupting his game for this!
I thought it was very funny. Of course it wasn't so funny way back then. They must have had a lot of trouble with that to write a law for it.I think they still have a law for NOT taking an isane person out of Upshur County in East Texas. LOL.

Thanks for the funny today!!!!
Susie from Texas

I don't know why, but the use of "funny" as a noun really irks me! :bang:

Alot of those laws need to be looked at, I found out in my state it is illegal to have more than 1 illegitimate child or to live together without being married. Both of those activities are pretty commonplace where I live.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back