Famous Atheist Now Believes in God

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
A British philosophy professor who has been a leading champion of atheism for more than a half-century has changed his mind. He now believes in God — more or less — based on scientific evidence, and says so on a video released Thursday.

At age 81, after decades of insisting belief is a mistake, Antony Flew has concluded that some sort of intelligence or first cause must have created the universe. A super-intelligence is the only good explanation for the origin of life and the complexity of nature, Flew said in a telephone interview from England. ......http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&u=/ap/20041209/ap_on_re_us/believing_atheist

I wonder if the fact hes 81 and not going to be alive much longer has anything to do with this? :rolleyes:

hi messi! i bet he ate one of bluclouds delicious pancakes with a picture of jesus on it that made him change his mind! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lex said:
hi messi! i bet he ate one of bluclouds delicious pancakes with a picture of jesus on it that made him change his mind! :D

LEX!!! :blowkiss: You're a sweetie. I think it'd be a lot more than pancakes to change an athiest.

Either way, I believe everyone has the right to believe or not believe whatever they wish. I knew of one guy who changed his mind because of an orange. Strange, I know. But after contemplating how complex an orange was with it's protective skin and seeds inside to create more, he had a epiphany.

blueclouds said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LEX!!! :blowkiss: You're a sweetie. I think it'd be a lot more than pancakes to change an athiest.

Either way, I believe everyone has the right to believe or not believe whatever they wish. I knew of one guy who changed his mind because of an orange. Strange, I know. But after contemplating how complex an orange was with it's protective skin and seeds inside to create more, he had a epiphany.

hi blue! ya know all i have to do is look at my hand, how it moves, grasps, grows, bleeds, heals, plus has skin and bones, came from my mom and dad , etc, etc, etc, to know something mightier than us humans put it all together. just like your friend with the orange. actually all you have to do is look at anything!

'A super-intelligence is the only good explanation for the origin of life and the complexity of nature, Flew said in a telephone interview from England.'

i think he got it......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back