Detroit Police: Boy, 7, dies after being found hanging

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
A Dallas 9-year-old committed suicide by hanging in January 2010, as did a 10-year-old Ridge Farm IL girl in 2011. A Massachusetts 11-year-old did so in 2009, as did a 10-year-old in Chicago. In Hartfordshire UK, in 2011, an 8-year-old boy committed suicide via hanging after watching a movie in which a similar action took place.

These are just scratching the surface. Seven does seem very young, though.

Heartbreaking case, whether it was suicide or not. My seven year old DS can barely tie his shoes. He knows how, but lacks the manual dexterity to get a tight knot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/7-year-old-detroit-boy-fo_n_1541969.html?ref=detroit

Fox 2 reports it was the boy's 14-year-old sister who found him hanged with a belt.

The mother told police that her son "had been depressed due to her recent separation from his father; the fact that he had been bullied continuously by the children at school, in addition to the constant teasing that he had endured because he was the only boy in the home of eight females," according to the report.

Sigh....

Huff article comments down a ways have comments from the aunt --- seems a slightly different type of bullying/controlling may have contributed......so very sad if that is the case.

Poor little guy. This is so senseless. I believe that a child can hate the idea of being alive and continuing to face taunting. The fact that he felt so distressed because of being separated from his father must have proved too much pain for a little seven-year-old. He saw death as the only solution for his pain. I wish he had received the help he needed. Being seven and male surrounded by females must be awfully lonely.

How very, very sad ... how in the world does a little 7-yr old even think of
physically harming himself?? How does his mind grasp such thinking?

RIP sweet one.

Poor baby. How does a 7 year old even know how to do this? No 7 year old should being dealing with these issues. This is absolutely numbing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back