The killer is related to Clint Dunn's woman-Woman Kidnapped, Buried Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
I was doing some sleuthing about Hailey Dunn and came up with a news story about a murder of an 85 year old woman, she was buried alive. :( The reason I put it here is because the murderer, Carl Wade Pressley is an uncle of Naomi who is Clint Dunn's woman and the mother of Clint's baby. If mods thiink this should go somewhere else please do so. I was floored when I found this, I searched for a msm link and found one. If someone else has posted this, I apologize for double posting.

Is this in any way related to what happened to Hailey? I hope she is found soon. FGS, this guy Pressley killed his own grandmother and her housekeeper.

SAN SABA (March 28, 2012)--Bonnie Harkey, 85, whose body was found Monday night in a shallow grave in the bottom of a drainage ditch in Leon County, nearly 200 miles from her San Saba County home, was the victim of a murder-for-hire plot that also claimed the life of her housekeeper, Karen Johnson, according to affidavits released Wednesday.

The affidavits say that Harkey’s stepson, Bruce Harkey, 59, who was arrested Wednesday on a criminal solicitation of capital murder warrant, offered the woman’s grandson, Carl Wade Pressley, 28, $500 on March 22 to “make her gone this weekend” and said Pressley would receive $55,000 after Harkey’s death.

The preliminary autopsy report released Wednesday says Harkey died of a combination of “homicidal violence comprising blunt force head injuries and probable asphyxia including drowning.”

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/..._Texas_Woman_Was_Buried_Alive_144672785.htmlh

from what I understand no connection was found

To Ms. Harkey's murder and Hailey's disappearance?

There sure are some losers connected to Hailey's case by blood, marriage and other ways.

I have to be up in 5 1/2 hours and can't dig through court records tonight.

For the record-The original place I found this story was not on FB or a blog. I will work on this more tomorrow.

the perp was the ex husband to a family member of CD's girlfriend, and had never met Hailey....somewhere in my foot high pile of notes or in one of my saved files, I think I have a link that LE ruled out a connection- I am unable to find it at the moment...
but if you think there might be a link, please look for it , ya never know

find Hailey Dunn

the perp was the ex husband to a family member of CD's girlfriend, and had never met Hailey....somewhere in my foot high pile of notes or in one of my saved files, I think I have a link that LE ruled out a connection- I am unable to find it at the moment...
but if you think there might be a link, please look for it , ya never know

find Hailey Dunn

thanks, it bothers me that, after only 2 months since this crime was committed, a connection would be completely ruled out when there is so little info about Hailey. There is still too many loose ends and as tangential as this connection would seem it is still there.

If someone would kill their grandmother for $500 and the promise of 55k more later what will they do for drugs? Granted the guy was adopted but still, family is family.

The media link is no longer working .

Other questions I have is how do we know Hailey never met this person? Would we believe his story or any other person who may claim this to be true?

Also what kinds of work did these two guys do?

I dont think really we could knock him off the suspect list reasonably because..
He is related (ex but known to N 's family) to N and he has murdered or had someone murdered who is known to him.

It might not be the same kind of crime per say but giving the statics on the kidnappers being someone known to the family, I think to clear him off we would need something like where he was on the day Hailey went missing N and Clint often hang with her family and N and her mother stir up all kinds of stuff reportedly from rumors. Not just the word of anyone involved in this case maybe not even LE's .

Wonder if the FBI talked to him/them about Hailey. Maybe this guy is known to be abvailable for hire to rid people of unwanted family and friends?

I am reflecting over rumors I have heard to be from PT. Has she ever made threats agaisnt someone,her boyfriend did would he know this guy? ..Because that bf was pretty upset with BD and HD.

Thanks for telling me about the link. Here is a better one:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...l_Texas_Woman_Was_Buried_Alive_144672785.html

It is upsetting that the young son, 10 years old, of Ms. Harkey's housekeeper was in the house at the time this occurred and found his mother's body at the front door. :(

Other questions I have is how do we know Hailey never met this person? Would we believe his story or any other person who may claim this to be true?

I dont think really we could knock him off the suspect list reasonably because..
He is related (ex but known to N 's family) to N and he has murdered or had someone murdered who is known to him.

It might not be the same kind of crime per say but giving the statics on the kidnappers being someone known to the family, I think to clear him off we would need something like where he was on the day Hailey went missing N and Clint often hang with her family and N and her mother stir up all kinds of stuff reportedly from rumors. Not just the word of anyone involved in this case maybe not even LE's .

Wonder if the FBI talked to him/them about Hailey. Maybe this guy is known to be abvailable for hire to rid people of unwanted family and friends?

I am reflecting over rumors I have heard to be from PT. Has she ever made threats agaisnt someone,her boyfriend did would he know this guy? ..Because that bf was pretty upset with BD and HD.

Interesting facts from the article .
Pressley told investigators the plan he hatched was to have his common-law wife Lillian King, 25, drop him off at Harkey’s home where he would hide until King signaled him by ringing the doorbell, the affidavits said.

Pressley, who also confessed to killing Harkey, according to the affidavits, led authorities to his grandmother’s shallow grave Monday night in an RV Park in Hilltop Lakes in Leon County where Pressley had a trailer

Yes, according to CD's mother, PT made threats (after she collected $, (from last hubby's death) she knew people to do it) after Hailey told BD about drugs being in her presence when Clint and his brother (PT's BF at the time) were together. BD called CPS on her and the BF had to move out......IIRC.

So is this person PT's cousin? I wouldn't get within 50' of PT.....she's a nightmare waiting to happen. JMO, IMO, etc.

Yes, according to CD's mother, PT made threats (after she collected $, (from last hubby's death) she knew people to do it) after Hailey told BD about drugs being in her presence when Clint and his brother (PT's BF at the time) were together. BD called CPS on her and the BF had to move out......IIRC.

So is this person PT's cousin? I wouldn't get within 50' of PT.....she's a nightmare waiting to happen. JMO, IMO, etc.

I didn't know about this, thanks. What a convoluted deal Hailey was subjected to. :(

This is exactly why I wanted to put this story into the mix, with all of the great sleuthers here hopefully something will come out that will help find Hailey or find what happened to her.

I would love to hear BD's 'thoughts' about this on Websleuths Radio. :)

I don't know if we can post obituaries of other people but I found one that says as of 1/8/11 Lillian King was married to someone else. [LK's grandmother's obit]

I'll post it if it is allowed.

This is the person who solicited Pressley to do the murder, video at link:

Lawyer For Murdered Woman’s Stepson Wants Trial Moved

BROWNWOOD (April 20, 2012)—The lawyer who is representing the stepson of a murdered San Saba woman who is accused of plotting to have his stepmother killed says his client can’t get a fair trial in San Saba and wants the trial moved.

Rudy Taylor said Thursday he’ll seek a change of venue very soon for Bruce Harkey’s pending trial.

Harkey, 59, is charged with criminal solicitation of capital murder in the March 26 death of his stepmother, Bonnie Harkey.

Prosecutors say they believe Bruce Harkey conspired to hire another man to kill his stepmother so Bruce Harkey could gain control of her fortune.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/local/headlines/148245095.html

Pics of Pressley and King are at the end of the video, Lillian is a softer, prettier version of BD [in a suspected kidnapper kind of way]. IMHO

I didn't know about this, thanks. What a convoluted deal Hailey was subjected to. :(

This is exactly why I wanted to put this story into the mix, with all of the great sleuthers here hopefully something will come out that will help find Hailey or find what happened to her.

I would love to hear BD's 'thoughts' about this on Websleuths Radio. :)

Slight correction.....BD called CPS on CD, but Clint's brother hit the road because of the CPS investigation. So PT was very angry with HD and BD because she lost her beau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni