Darlie's Psychological Profile

Kaly

Inactive
Reaction score
What do you think? Does this sound like her?

From:http://www.peaceandhealing.com/personality/narcissistic_symptoms.asp

Narcissistic Personality Disorder Symptoms

The narcissistic personality disorder is one of the top three most difficult personality disorders to treat. It is defined as an ongoing pattern of grandiosity and need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. It should be noted that it is three times more common in males than females. These individuals have an obvious self love, and believe they are knowledgeable and indeed expert in a wide variety of areas. They are usually shocked when they are not praised for their efforts. These individuals are preoccupied with success and power. They feel they are gifted and talented. They may make statements like, “I have a photographic memory,” when in reality they do not. They rarely admit to a mistake or wrongdoing. They rarely apologize when the occasion arises. These individuals insist on having the best of everything. They are grossly defensive, and unable to look at themselves objectively. They have an inflated and false sense of entitlement, and lack of sensitivity towards others. They feel they deserve whatever they want or need. These individuals are extremely self-absorbed. If they are giving, they usually give monetarily, and are unable to give emotionally. They are viewed by others as arrogant and snobbish, act condescendingly towards healthcare providers and therapists in the assessment phase. It is also very common for these individuals to act ingratiatingly and very complimentary in the first session, very similar to traits found in sociopathic personality disorder. These individuals are extremely sensitive to criticism, although may not show it outwardly. When their shortcomings are targeted, however, they may appear extremely wounded.

Kalypso said:

The narcissistic personality disorder is one of the top three most difficult personality disorders to treat. It is defined as an ongoing pattern of grandiosity and need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. It should be noted that it is three times more common in males than females. These individuals have an obvious self love, and believe they are knowledgeable and indeed expert in a wide variety of areas. They are usually shocked when they are not praised for their efforts. These individuals are preoccupied with success and power. They feel they are gifted and talented. They may make statements like, “I have a photographic memory,” when in reality they do not. They rarely admit to a mistake or wrongdoing. They rarely apologize when the occasion arises. These individuals insist on having the best of everything. They are grossly defensive, and unable to look at themselves objectively. They have an inflated and false sense of entitlement, and lack of sensitivity towards others. They feel they deserve whatever they want or need. These individuals are extremely self-absorbed. If they are giving, they usually give monetarily, and are unable to give emotionally. They are viewed by others as arrogant and snobbish, act condescendingly towards healthcare providers and therapists in the assessment phase. It is also very common for these individuals to act ingratiatingly and very complimentary in the first session, very similar to traits found in sociopathic personality disorder. These individuals are extremely sensitive to criticism, although may not show it outwardly. When their shortcomings are targeted, however, they may appear extremely wounded.
Ok, am I the only one who thought this also sounded a LOT like President Bush??? Seriously!

LOL, Dark Knight -- Political Pavilion for that :)

Regards,
Pea

Peake said:
LOL, Dark Knight -- Political Pavilion for that :)

Regards,
Pea
Yes, I know. Sorry. It just struck me as awfully close to my perception of him so I blurted it out, lol. I wasn't for the other guy, either, I opted out of this election, hehe. ;)

Dark Knight said:
Ok, am I the only one who thought this also sounded a LOT like President Bush??? Seriously!
Hahaha! I concur wholeheartedly! :dance:

I know a person who I believe has NPD, and one of the most striking aspects of this syndrome is that they think they are so much smarter than everyone else that they can get away with anything. The woman I know did things that were clearly illegal, but it never even occured to her that she would get caught.

jaeger said:
I know a person who I believe has NPD, and one of the most striking aspects of this syndrome is that they think they are so much smarter than everyone else that they can get away with anything. The woman I know did things that were clearly illegal, but it never even occured to her that she would get caught.

That would explain the birthday party.

Pocono Sleuther said:
What would explain the two hour memorial service beforehand though???????????

I don't know what's to explain because, as far as I know, no one has ever seen it. The State was perfectly agreeable to that tape being shown in court, but for some reason the defense didn't want to show it.

Considering her calm, carefree, who gives a chit demeanor afterward at the birthday party, I can understand why they'd want to keep it under wraps.

Mary456 said:
I don't know what's to explain because, as far as I know, no one has ever seen it. The State was perfectly agreeable to that tape being shown in court, but for some reason the defense didn't want to show it.
I don't know who made the most mistakes - the court reporter, or MULDER.

Kalypso said:

And there's the histrionic personality disorder as well. These go hand in hand.

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

-is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
-interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
-displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
-consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
-has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
-shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
-is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

Kalypso said:

I think it sounds more like Darin. In all my reading about Darlie, I have never had the impression that she was insensitive or that she couldn't give emotionally. I think she disassociated from the boys, but I have never thought it was because she was narcissistic. On the other hand, I can't deny that this particular quote from the above definitely fits into my picture of her. "These individuals insist on having the best of everything. They are grossly defensive, and unable to look at themselves objectively. They have an inflated and false sense of entitlement,..... . They feel they deserve whatever they want or need. These individuals are extremely self-absorbed."

Jeana (DP) said:
That would explain the birthday party.
I have always figured that it never occurred to her that anyone would question her motives about that. That's why she put on such a show. I think she thought it was PC in the liberal world and that everyone would understand and agree with her. Kind of like Scott Peterson trying to tell people Laci was okay with his affair with Amber. Darlie was trying to convince us that the boys led a full and happy life while on earth and that they wouldn't want her to spend her life grieving over them so it was okay for her to go on with life as usual. Put that behind us and now let's see what is on the horizon. She must have been blown away when she found out it wasn't going to be bright lights, fame, and fortune.

cami said:
And there's the histrionic personality disorder as well. These go hand in hand.

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

-is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
-interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
-displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
-consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
-has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
-shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
-is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
Darlie seems to have more of these than the narcissistic patterns, though I would say she definitely has some.

Pocono Sleuther said:
What's to explain? You do what you have to. The memorial service was probably not her idea to begin with. If it was, she may have really felt a need to express what she felt she should be feeling, rather than what she was actually feeling. Or maybe she is one of those people who can push anything negative so far away that she didn't believe she was guilty of any wrongdoing. Her actions at the birthday party seem to be screaming loud and clear that she should not be expected to grieve, that she had the kids' permission to go on with her life happily, and it was all justified by her view that they would be waiting for her in heaven so she really hadn't lost anything. I don't think a two hour memorial service makes up for her insensitivity at the birthday party. I don't think a 5 hour memorial service could do that either. The point is she shouldn't have been showing any insensitivity at all if she was actually grieving.

However, I gotta say that I have never put much focus on the birthday party or the memorial service because I don't think either tells us much. It is her interview afterwards that I find most interesting and telling about where she is really coming from.

accordn2me said:
I don't know who made the most mistakes - the court reporter, or MULDER.
Well, neither were in areas of much significance. The transcript was completed by another court reporter. I can't think of anything Mulder did that would have gotten her off if he had done it another way. Can you?

Dark Knight said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lmao rofl..... DKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IT sounds like CANADIAN POLITICAL LEADERS!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU NOT HEARD ABOUT THE OVER THROW OF THE LIBERAL PARTY AND THEY REFUSE TO LEAVE???? WHY???? BECAUSE THEY STOLE A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY!!!??

LMAO..... AT LEAST Your President would probably LEAVE when voted out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

blueclouds said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lmao rofl..... DKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IT sounds like CANADIAN POLITICAL LEADERS!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU NOT HEARD ABOUT THE OVER THROW OF THE LIBERAL PARTY AND THEY REFUSE TO LEAVE???? WHY???? BECAUSE THEY STOLE A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY!!!??

LMAO..... AT LEAST Your President would probably LEAVE when voted out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
hahahahaa! I wouldn't be too sure about that. I think he likes being president. hahahahaha!

Goody said:
hahahahaa! I wouldn't be too sure about that. I think he likes being president. hahahahaha!
At least your Pres is only allowed 2 terms.... Our leader can go on forever. :bang:

Pocono Sleuther said:

Would it explain why she invited the news crew to film her little romp at the gravesite instead of inviting them to film the memorial service?

I think that was the more approiate gathering. Just my opinion though and nothing more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back