Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Michaela%20Shunick.png

Michaela "Mickey" Shunick
Missing from Lafayette, LA -- May 19, 2012

Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172835"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173300"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173520"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173629"]Thread #4 [/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173744"]Thread #5 [/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173784"]Thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173849"]Thread #7[/ame]

• [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

• KATC Twitter feed

• Lafayette Police Department updates

• Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now

• When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.
• Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
• Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.

(And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!)

BINGO!

The "Caddy" and truck crossed paths.

Find that "Caddy!"

Why won't the police ID the model?!?!

The pic with the Caddy looks like the white truck may be in the very edge of the photo.

Hi. This is my first post and my first time to this website. Thank you for the welcome. I walk the street mickey shunik took on her bike ALL THE TIME IN DAYLIGHT. SO I am a bit freaked out. I heard about her missing the day after and immediately went to Ryan street. I volunteered initially for three days, running myself ragged and tired. The center moved to Church and I volunteered again. One time I went out, looked at my gas tank and discovered that I had no gas and the volunteers with me had to pay 9usd to help us out; we were in a caravan of 4 vehicles in a search team) with our own cars. A few days later the units started taking volunteers in organized vans. I did something ( I think it was a fellow volunteer complaining about gas money) and I was asked not to return to volunteer. I am a very sensitive person and have been wondering the last few days "what did I do?". used the LA chip bags they were given and loaded supplies into it - flashlights, food, water etc. But I came back from a search and one of the organizers happened to be said person who paid 9usd for my gas one night. SHe saw me with my bags and said 'these are for the search units". I said well I was just on a search unit. I think she thought I was stealing things. I think what has happened is that I volunteered when the search was beginning when it was very haphahazard and now it has gotten more organized. I was the disciplinary subject on the end of the new organizational structure I am sure. Yet I am upset about not being able to go to blackham and help search. Can anyone give me any insight about if they have heard anything of volunteers not being asked back and why? What can I do now?

Dang,,,, the "Caddy" may have been just a bit too far behind the truck to see anything.

But... that didn't leave the truck much time for a turnaround, did it?

What are we talking, a minute or two? The lack of time stamp is a shame.

It must have been quick, if the perp was in the truck!

I think Nancy Grace is trying to bore down on the truck because of that unrelated incident with the other girl. I don't remember hearing a thing about this 2 months ago, but not everything ends up on the news. I certainly hope this other girl isn't looking for tv time/money/attention cause it will certainly throw the investigation off if the truck(s) turn out to be insignificant. It bothers me so bad that we don't know if the drivers of the vehicles in the pictures have come forward to speak to the police. I don't know that the public would know about it, if they have. The car could have been in that area for a drug deal, hate to say it, and its likely they aren't the type of person that would want to subject themself to police interrogation.

Has anybody thought about riding their bike along the suspected route and filming it and putting it on YouTube? Ride at a normal pace and we can compare the times and see just how in a hurry she was. Also everyone who isn't local can get a good idea of what it looks like.

Reposted:

Dang,,,, the "Caddy" may have been just a bit too far behind the truck to see anything.

But... that didn't leave the truck much time for a turnaround, did it?

What are we talking, a minute or two? The lack of time stamp is a shame.

It must have been quick, if the perp was in the truck!

This gives me the shivers. To me it looks like two people standing in front of a vehicle just watching the goings on. It definitely looks like a vehicle. and two people.

Quoting a post from near the end of the previous thread:

The pic with the Caddy looks like the white truck may be in the very edge of the photo.

That is the photo in which, some were saying the other night, it appeared the car may be stopped or slowed down (brake lights) with front wheels (and thus headlights) possibly turned slightly to the left, as if to get a better look at something.

ETA: A poster had taken that photo and sandwiched it with a photo of the same location in the daytime -- it was pretty interesting. That poster happen to be with us now? If so, could you repost? (If not, I'll try to hunt it up.)

Quoting a post from near the end of the previous thread:

That is the photo in which, some were saying the other night, it appeared the car may be stopped or slowed down (brake lights) with front wheels (and thus headlights) possibly turned slightly to the left, as if to get a better look at something.

Yeah, B, I remember that. I'm not seeing it. Looks like it's in the middle of the street, though.

I'm going to copy some of the last posts over here to the new thread.

Has anybody thought about riding their bike along the suspected route and filming it and putting it on YouTube? Ride at a normal pace and we can compare the times and see just how in a hurry she was. Also everyone who isn't local can get a good idea of what it looks like.

Shelly-I would go back to the command center and explain.
People are understanding and will listen.
It will be during the work week that they will need more volunteers.
Please, try again. Some people just don't have the people skills for authoritative positions and you may have run into one.

GREAT work with the links!

Hmmmm,,, now I'm finally starting to focus on picture3auto.jpg.

WHAT is going on there? Is the truck pulled over? Moving? Is there somewhere there for the "Caddy" to turn? Why are the wheels left? (Yes, they are) Did it just change lanes? Location is important, YES.

What the heck is going on in that photo?

Shelly-I would go back to the command center and explain.
People are understanding and will listen.
It will be during the work week that they will need more volunteers.
Please, try again. Some people just don't have the people skills for authoritative positions and you may have run into one.

Yes. Do that.

We don't know how the integration with TES is going. They're from Texas - we're from Lafayette.... VERY different people in many ways. They may be trying to impose procedures that have worked for them, but may not have encountered such an organic effort as is occuring in Lafayette. The TES spokesman basically said that in the press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46