GUILTY OK - Kayla Ferrante, 17, killed with high-powered rifle, Tulsa, 26 May 2012

moonlighting

Reaction score
http://www.newson6.com/story/18650867/mother-of-tulsa-murder-victim

17 year old Kayla Ferrante killed by high powered rifle one day after high school graduation.

TULSA, Oklahoma -

Tulsa police say it's hard to find a more innocent victim than 17-year-old Kayla Ferrante. She was murdered Saturday when someone fired a high-powered rifle into a car she was riding in with her boyfriend.

05/29/2012 Related Story: Tulsa Police Release Name Of Teen Killed While Riding In Car

Police can't find a reason for the shooting and have no leads.

Kayla had just graduated from Memorial High School the night before and had her family celebration Saturday afternoon. Police say this case will only be solved with the publics help

OMG! How horrible! A bullet went through the license plate, through the back of the seats and out her chest! That poor girl! She had her whole life ahead of her! She was beautiful, smart, and LOVED by her family and now she's gone. So sad! Unimaginable!

I wonder if police think it was random? Doesn't sound like the kind of girl anyone would want to harm. I pray they find the person who did this!

I just read this so sad. I'm curious if they have questioned the people that ran inside when the bf realized she had been shot and said he was yelling for help. Prayers for her family, she was young beautiful and caring and her family deserves to know what happened. I hope they get answers soon.

I would check all students that didn't graduate.

I really want to see this one solved quickly. This is so sad, I cannot understand it. My prayers are with the family.

Girl's family sets up reward fund. Still no arrests in the case of Kayla Ferrante.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpr...id=450&articleid=20120619_11_A11_CUTLIN777325

Kayla Ferrante: She was shot while riding in a car the day after her high school graduation.

"Someone knows who did this and why," the slain teen's mother says.
By AMANDA BLAND World Staff Writer
Published: 6/19/2012 2:28 AM
Last Modified: 6/19/2012 6:29 AM

The parents of a 17-year-old girl who was fatally shot May 26 have established an extra reward fund in an effort to solicit information about her killer.

Kayla Ferrante was shot while riding in a car driven by her boyfriend in the area of 15th Street and 122nd East Avenue on the day after her high school graduation. Police have not publicly named any suspects.

"Someone knows who did this and why - that person needs to come forward," Ferrante's mother, Roxanne Thornton, said in an email Monday.

Thornton and Ferrante's father, Paul Ferrante, created the extra reward fund through the Crime Commission's Crime Stoppers program. The program offers rewards for information resulting in the arrest and conviction of people responsible for unsolved crimes.

Tips on the slaying were already eligible for a reward through Crime Stoppers, but an "extra funds" reward will be available in Ferrante's case upon receipt of designated donations from the public, said Carol Bush, the Crime Commission's executive director.

The commission chooses which unsolved crimes to collect extra reward funds for on a case-by-case basis.

"We're hoping that it will shake the bushes a little bit" and some information will come of it, Bush said.

If information used to make an arrest in the killing is not gleaned through Crime Stoppers, the money will be donated to the Memorial High School Special Needs fund.

Anyone with information about Kayla Ferrante's homicide is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS or submit a tip online at tulsaworld.com/crimestoppers Tipsters can be anonymous.

Kayla Ferrante reward fund
Checks made payable to the Crime Commission can be sent to:

2121 S. Columbia Ave., LL8

Tulsa, OK 74114

Note "Kayla Ferrante reward" on the memo line.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/daniels-convicted-in-kayla-ferrente-murder-trial/article_33bde67d-964a-5e20-87fd-2a482d9153e0.html

A Tulsa County jury found Edwin Jermaine Daniels guilty of killing 17-year old Kayla Ferrante, who was fatally shot as she sat in a car that police said Daniels mistakenly thought was occupied by two gang members.

Daniels, 26, was found guilty of first-degree murder and shooting with intent to kill, and he got a life prison term, with parole possible, on each of the two counts. The jury also fined him $10,000 on the shooting count.

A life term requires a person to serve 38 years and three months in prison before becoming eligible for parole. However, Daniels is already serving a more-than-300-year prison term in an unrelated case.

Thanks for posting this, Okiegranny. I have a niece who graduated from Memorial. Wonderful high school.

I thought originally that this crime would be completely and totally unrelated to this girl, and a completely random unassociated event.

So sad. What a loss of a lovely young woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back