CA CA - Robin Graham, 18, Los Angeles, 14 Nov 1970

Richard

Reaction score
Robin Ann Graham
Missing since November 14, 1970 from Los Angeles, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing
The Doe Network: Case File 980DFCA

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 22, 1952
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Graham was last seen by CHP next to her disabled vehicle on the Hollywood Freeway near Santa Monica Boulevard, south bound. That was on November 14, 1970, she hasn't been heard from since. A male, Caucasian, 25-26 yers, dark hair, was observed talking to her. A 1958-1960 light blue Corvette hard-top was observed parked behind her vehicle at this time.
Graham was wearing a red blouse, jeans, a dark blue corduroy jacket and red clog shoes at the time of her disappearance.

Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-4061

Source Information:
California Missing Person Search

Link
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/980dfca.html

Richard, any word on if the families are still looking for either Graham or Pickle? I'm sure they have moved on with their lives, but I wonder if they still have detectives working on them or if they have suspects but just not enough proof.

I do not know anything about Robin's family, but I can only imagine that they have never stopped searching for her.

Hi kylie, I was wondering how you know Robin & Pickle? I just came across this site & I was surprised to see you mention Pickle. I haven't heard him called that in years.

When you say that you have researched the case I was wondering if you have found anything that is not in the police reports? I just recently spoke with the police regarding the case. I'm Robin's sister. I would like to hear what info you have found. thanks

Does anyone know if there is a more detailed description of the man seen talking to Robin on the highway the night of 14 November 1970? Does a sketch exist? Were any suspects ever identified?

The highway patrol never saw the man up close only as they drove past him. The highway Patrol saw the corvette pull on the freeway and pass Robin’s car then pull off the freeway at the next exit. Then the corvette circled around and came back on the freeway and parked behind Robin’s car. When the Highway Patrol passed by her again the guy was leaning in her window and then when they came by again she was gone. There was never a suspect or a sketch done on the guy since they only saw him when they were driving past him. They even finger printed Robin’s car but they weren’t able to get any prints off it.

Sherry Pickle was last seen in Long Beach, CA , where I was from so that is why I was interested...I don't think they did such a good job of age progression though on the Doe site....

The Doenetwork has updated their file on Robin:

----------------------------------
Robin Ann Graham
Missing since November 14, 1970 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 22, 1952
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: Red blouse, blue jeans, red clog shoes, dark blue corduroy jacket.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Graham was last seen on November 14, 1970 by a California Highway Patrol officer. She was standing next to her disabled vehicle on the Hollywood Freeway near Santa Monica Boulevard, south bound.

The officer stopped to see if she needed help, but Ms. Graham said that help was already coming. She had just called her parents to say she had run out of gas at the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp.

Later, the officer noticed a white male, 25-26 years with dark hair, talking to her. A 1958-1960 light blue Corvette hard-top was observed parked behind her vehicle at this time. The officer later assumed the man in the Corvette was the help she had called for. She hasn't been heard from since. Ms. Graham was a student at Pierce College at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Los Angeles Police Department
213-485-4061

Agency Case Number: R70687411
NCIC Number: M-678004778
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Press-Telegram - 6/23/77
doenetwork.org Case File 980DFCA

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/980dfca.html

Today, November 14, 2007, marks the thirty-seventh anniversary of Robin Ann Graham's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Robin Ann Graham, please contact the Los Angeles Police Department at
213-485-5381 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).

Looking at Alcala's photos, she looks like Huntington Beach #125:

RAGraham.jpg

phpm3088aPM.jpg

I keep wondering about that corvette that the police say they saw Graham getting into. Did anyone ever do a sketch of the vehicle? Did anyone notice perhaps a couple of parallel chrome strips on the hood? Seems to me that corvette is still running somewhere. I wonder if GM would have a record of all blue corvettes 57 to 60 sold in California blue color. If they have, they would have serial numbers would could be matched to corvettes still running. Corvettes rarely go to the crusher, seems to me. The corvette community in Southern California could be notified somehow. There needs to be a new news story or something put on TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back