Dr. G. donates proceeds to local organizations

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
This is a couple months old but I don't remember reading about it so I'm posting to be sure Dr. G. gets her kudos. Harbor House is an awesome organization.

"The chief medical examiner that identified the remains of Caylee Anthony says she donated 100 percent of the proceeds from a tv special to local organizations.

Dr. Jan Garavaglia, also known as Dr. G, said money from the "Dr. G: Inside the Caylee Anthony Case special on cable networks TLC and Discovery Fit & Health Channel went to:

Russell Home for Atypical Children
Harbor House of Central Florida
Great Oaks Village"

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/ot/both/2012/02/09/Dr_G_donated_money_from_Casey_Anthony_case_TV_special.html

More info on Harbor House of Central Florida's animal safe harbor:

"...National statistics show 48% of domestic violence survivors delay leaving a violent home because they do not have a safe place to go with their pets..."

“Also participating in the groundbreaking was Orange County Animal Services, who awarded Harbor House a $50,000 grant and has been instrumental in garnering awareness for the kennel project. In honor of their gift and their continued support, the kennel’s official name is the “Paws for Peace Kennel” supported by Orange County Animal Services. “We are thrilled to see the results of our successful partnership showcased in this momentous occasion,” said Dil Luther, Division Manager of Orange County Animal Services."

http://www.harborhousefl.com/2011/11/harbor-house-of-central-florida-holds-groundbreaking-for-in-kind-donation-center-and-paws-kennel-at-2nd-annual-paws-for-peace-walk/

This is a couple months old but I don't remember reading about it so I'm posting to be sure Dr. G. gets her kudos. Harbor House is an awesome organization.

"The chief medical examiner that identified the remains of Caylee Anthony says she donated 100 percent of the proceeds from a tv special to local organizations.

Dr. Jan Garavaglia, also known as Dr. G, said money from the "Dr. G: Inside the Caylee Anthony Case special on cable networks TLC and Discovery Fit & Health Channel went to:

Great Oaks Village"

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/ot/both/2012/02/09/Dr_G_donated_money_from_Casey_Anthony_case_TV_special.html

"...National statistics show 48% of domestic violence survivors delay leaving a violent home because they do not have a safe place to go with their pets..."

“Also participating in the groundbreaking was Orange County Animal Services, who awarded Harbor House a $50,000 grant and has been instrumental in garnering awareness for the kennel project. In honor of their gift and their continued support, the kennel’s official name is the “Paws for Peace Kennel” supported by Orange County Animal Services. “We are thrilled to see the results of our successful partnership showcased in this momentous occasion,” said Dil Luther, Division Manager of Orange County Animal Services."

http://www.harborhousefl.com/2011/11/harbor-house-of-central-florida-holds-groundbreaking-for-in-kind-donation-center-and-paws-kennel-at-2nd-annual-paws-for-peace-walk/

Thank you RO. I love Dr G.

Dr G's. actions prove, for me, that one simple act can effect so many for the greater good.

Great Oaks Village"

--------------

One of the reasons I admire and respect Dr. G.:angel2::rose:

I love Dr G too. I started taping her show, some are really hard to watch. She is one incredible woman! She is a Saint if you ask me!! You go Dr G we all love you.....

Thank you RO. Jan Garavagila is a class act and always will be. I feel privileged to call her my friend.

Thank you RO. Jan Garavagila is a class act and always will be. I feel privileged to call her my friend.

Her dedication to giving dignity to victims and closure to families is amazing. So often, medical examiners are discounted as doctors just because their patient is deceased. I find that it is that fact that makes them more admirable!! Well done Doc.

Thank you for sharing. She is a class act and she is admired by many.
Thank you again Dr. G for all that you do for others.

Thank you for putting this up. With people coming up again to make money off a child it's nice that other people can see that there is people out there that do care and they are a class act.

I have always thought Dr G was an amazing woman! Had she had a different opinion as to the death of Caylee I would have believed it. Caylee has always had people of integrity on her side.

I am so thankful for Dr G and her true and generous heart. I'm also very thankful for this thread as it's refreshing to read some good news on here ~ It helps lighten my heavy spirits.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back