Posh and Becks hire butler to unwrap presents

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
David and Victoria Beckham have hired a £1,000-a-day butler to spend four hours unwrapping their Christmas presents.

A source close to the Beckhams said: "When Victoria and David's long-standing butler John Giles-Larkin quit earlier this month there was a bit of a panic - especially as it was so close to Christmas.

"After such a turbulent year they're determined the festive period is going to be devoted to family. They want to spend as much time together as possible and prove they're still a strong family unit."

To make sure the festivities go without a hitch Posh, 30, has enlisted the help of the butler.

The source added: "The person they've hired is one of the best in his field. In fact, he was originally booked by the Osbournes to spend Christmas with them, but the Beckhams really wanted him so they upped their offer."

He will reportedly spend half the day unwrapping gifts for the couple's sons, as well as presents for the rest of the family.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1210093.html?menu=

How stupid. Sounds like these people have more money than sense.

Yes very stupid... My kids LOVE unwrapping the gifts - thats all part of the fun !!

What's the point then? Half of the fun of Christmas is wrapping and unwrapping.Are the going to hire soeone to spend Christams with their children so they are not bothered with that either? Somebody should tell them about the many charitable organizations they can donate their surplus of money to.

I guess you know you've truly arrived, in the upper crust society of outrageous indulgence when you have the $$$ ability to hire someone to do this, and this is how you spend christmas, every year.

Casshew said:
David and Victoria Beckham have hired a £1,000-a-day butler to spend four hours unwrapping their Christmas presents.

A source close to the Beckhams said: "When Victoria and David's long-standing butler John Giles-Larkin quit earlier this month there was a bit of a panic - especially as it was so close to Christmas.

"After such a turbulent year they're determined the festive period is going to be devoted to family. They want to spend as much time together as possible and prove they're still a strong family unit."

To make sure the festivities go without a hitch Posh, 30, has enlisted the help of the butler.

The source added: "The person they've hired is one of the best in his field. In fact, he was originally booked by the Osbournes to spend Christmas with them, but the Beckhams really wanted him so they upped their offer."

He will reportedly spend half the day unwrapping gifts for the couple's sons, as well as presents for the rest of the family.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1210093.html?menu=

I thought everyone had a butler to open gifts for them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't know about rich little kids, but my middle-class children always enjoyed opening their own gifts - in fact it was half the fun!!

They want to spend time together to "prove" they're a strong family unit? Who do they need to prove it to, themselves?

And, last but not least:

The source added: "Before lunch starts he's been instructed to go around and collect mobiles to ensure there's no disturbance during the meal."

They're going to make their guests turn in their cell phones????

Jeana (DP) said:
....The source added: "Before lunch starts he's been instructed to go around and collect mobiles to ensure there's no disturbance during the meal."

They're going to make their guests turn in their cell phones????

I think they mean the "mobile" hanging from Becks hat, to keep his mind occupied. Surely that is more mesmerizing that Poshie, right? :laugh:

:angel: Well if I must, I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and keep Becks busy for a few hours!!! Is there NO LIMIT to my generosity???? :angel:

I wonder if it isn't too late for me to hire someone to unwrap the gifts for my family Christmas day then maybe I caould sleep in and not be bothered by the whole thing? Some celebrities are so out of touch with reality that it is sad.

I may hire someone to clean up all the wrapings and ribbon after the grandkids tear into the gifts, or change a dirty diaper, but never to unwrap a gift for them and miss the kodak moment on their faces.

WasBlind said:
I think they mean the "mobile" hanging from Becks hat, to keep his mind occupied. Surely that is more mesmerizing that Poshie, right? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More strange than the butler thing, is the obsession with Posh Spice and David Beckham. It's like they're royalty. I don't get it. Maybe it's a British thing...kind of like Brad & Jennifer here in the States.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back