Is 'America's Got Talent' breakout star Tim Poe a fraud? [UPDATED]

CarmelEyesD

Reaction score
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/is--america-s-got-talent--breakout-star-tim-poe-a-fraud-.html

"NBC's summer talent show "America's Got Talent" looked like it had found a new star this week in country singer Tim Poe, who came to the stage with a heart-tugging story: He's an Afghanistan war veteran who was injured by a rocket-propelled grenade, suffering brain damage and developing a stutter that he can only suppress while singing. But his tale might be too good to be true. Reports are now surfacing that Poe may have fabricated the whole story."

Watch the video....

I watched AGT when he performed the other night....it's really too bad that he fudged the truth because he is certainly a very talented performer. But I did wonder how come he didn't stutter immediately after when he spoke to Nick Cannon. Did he really expect the truth not to come out? I mean seriously?......

Hate it, why bother doing that?

What a waste...

Goz

Didnt he realize that the truth would come out.
How stupid!

If it is fabricated shame , shame on him he made a lot of folks cry . Guess he didn't realize he would be caught . Make you wonder what is wrong with the world. ?

How could he not imagine that the truth would come out? An angry ex out there, his former band mates, etc., all able to blow his cover. Now he goes from being a national hero to a very hated fraud. WTH?

He's got a beautiful voice. A pity if the story is made up- I don't think there was any need for that.

This story fascinates me. Blatant frauds like this, big liars, always do. It baffles me and trips me out. Here's this Poe guy's former band's myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/crawlspacenoise/music

Clearly, his nonsense about not knowing he could sing until his speech therapist told him to sing in the shower as an exercise, was a lie. he was the lead singer of this band for years, according to his wife.

He also claims, apparently, on his FB, to have a master's degree. Yet, his ex states he may only have a few units of community college. http://www.agtnews.com/exclusive-tim-poes-wife-says-he-is-a-deadbeat-cheater-and-abusive

What I want to know is to what degree his "fiancee" is in on the act. I mean, she was up there crying her eyes out at the sweet story, and it's all b.s.. Did he put on an act for her too or is she also a big liar?

This just makes me so angry! I watched him on AGT and got all teary-eyed. Now I just want to spit!

I despise liars of any kind. But to go on national TV with this elaborate crock of BS takes a special kind of liar. He should be ashamed, but I'm sure he's not.

This man is a disgrace to anyone who has ever been affiliated with the military. What a horrible dishonor to all of those who have fought, who have suffered terrible debilitating injuries while protecting our freedom. I wish he could be charged with impersonating a disabled soldier and sent straight to jail.

I'm pretty sure his actions of lying about getting a Purple Heart and Bronze Star means the feds will soon be knocking on his door. Per the Stolen Valor Act (the bolded text applies to him... just lying about about decorations or medals, without even wearing fake ones is a big no no):

The Stolen Valor Act of 2005, signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006,[1] is a U.S. law that broadens the provisions of previous U.S. law addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, or sale of any military decorations and medals. It makes it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005"]Stolen Valor Act of 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So maybe he thought that no one who knows him ever watches AGT? :waitasec:

I'm pretty sure his actions of lying about getting a Purple Heart and Bronze Star means the feds will soon be knocking on his door. Per the Stolen Valor Act (the bolded text applies to him... just lying about about decorations or medals, without even wearing fake ones is a big no no):

The Stolen Valor Act of 2005, signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006,[1] is a U.S. law that broadens the provisions of previous U.S. law addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, or sale of any military decorations and medals. It makes it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal.

Stolen Valor Act of 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He didn't claim to have earned such a medal on AGT. However, he did apparently state so to Defenders of Freedom: http://www.accesshollywood.com/amer...-to-lying-about-military-honors_article_65830

I read on some blog that the Stolen Valor Act is being held up in the courts due to first amendment challenges, but I'd like to see this guy brought up on some sort of charges.

Here he is sort of admitting to some lies, now saying that his squad was there but they were in different places "doing things" and that when the grenade went off he "was fine", and didn't complain about it until later and that later, he realized he had "rebroken" his back. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/youserved/2012/06/06/interview-with-tim-poe

Oh gosh, he also mentions "God" in the interview and how he was just trying to help wounded vets with his story. Ick.

He states again, that he never really sang until his speech therapist recommended that he do, stating he sang karaoke a few times and "tried out with a band". He doesn't mention heading a band for four years, as their lead singer.

He admits embellishing a bit but states that his army records have not been updated. He also admits lying to Defenders of Freedom about medals he received.

He now says he got a "percussion" from a grenade and it knocked him out. Varies some from breaking his back as he threw himself on his comrades to save them and received a brain injury.

He admits lying to Defenders of Freedom about his valor medals because they are a great group and he wanted to feel a part of things.

He "stutters" throughout his interview.

This guy is a sociopath.

He didn't claim to have earned such a medal on AGT. However, he did apparently state so to Defenders of Freedom: http://www.accesshollywood.com/amer...-to-lying-about-military-honors_article_65830

I read on some blog that the Stolen Valor Act is being held up in the courts due to first amendment challenges, but I'd like to see this guy brought up on some sort of charges.

Here he is sort of admitting to some lies, now saying that his squad was there but they were in different places "doing things" and that when the grenade went off he "was fine", and didn't complain about it until later and that later, he realized he had "rebroken" his back. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/youserved/2012/06/06/interview-with-tim-poe

Oh gosh, he also mentions "God" in the interview and how he was just trying to help wounded vets with his story. Ick.

He states again, that he never really sang until his speech therapist recommended that he do, stating he sang karaoke a few times and "tried out with a band". He doesn't mention heading a band for four years, as their lead singer.

He admits embellishing a bit but states that his army records have not been updated. He also admits lying to Defenders of Freedom about medals he received.

He now says he got a "percussion" from a grenade and it knocked him out. Varies some from breaking his back as he threw himself on his comrades to save them and received a brain injury.

He admits lying to Defenders of Freedom about his valor medals because they are a great group and he wanted to feel a part of things.

He "stutters" throughout his interview.

This guy is a sociopath.

This guy is a Class A Creep!

ABC's Nightline did a thing on him... the young man needs to back away from the cameras and get help of some sort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back