UT - Child sex offender running for school board position

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
The arrogance of this...this...I can't even say what I want to call him.

Child sex offender running for Granite school board
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=207...ing-for-granite-school-board&s_cid=featured-3

(snip)
Richard Wagner Jones, a registered sex offender, is currently running against incumbent Dan Lofgren for the first precinct seat on the Granite Board of Education. He is listed on the ballot as R. Wagner Jones, according to the Salt Lake County Clerk's Office.

Jones pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a child, a second-degree felony, on July 30, 1990. Several other related charges against him were dismissed, according to court documents. He completed his sentence, which included both prison time and parole, in 2005.

W.t.flip...seriously? Not only is he a sex offender, but he gets taken off the registry in 2015...so any parent who tries their best to keep their child safe and has no idea about his past will be kept in the dark after 2015 of he is elected still holds the position? AND there's nothing to say he can't run for this position dealing with kids...unfreaking believable. Smh...I think its time for folks to spread the word so this Sicko doesn't get elected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

School board member? I don't think so!

I wonder if they have time to legislatively bar him?

It really almost sounds as though the board doesn't think its a big deal. Talking about there being a "plan" not to have him around children unsupervised. However there seems to be no one ( in that article anyway ) who said lets get a PLAN to keep him from running. Feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Its all about the rights of criminals. Smh

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sexual abuse of a child just isn't taken serious enough by many - most?

How is this even possible??????

Some 30 years ago, when she was just a 14 year old girl, this woman claims Jones took her in. She came from a troubled home, but when she was sent to live with Jones she says that's when the real nightmare began.

"I was pretty much Dick Jones' slave, sex slave, pimped out to his business partners and associates."

She tried running away and telling the case workers of the molestations, but she says no one believed her. It wasn't until years later he was arrested for the sexual abuse of another child and sent to prison.

But this alleged victim says no way. She says Richard Jones should never be allowed any kind of access to children.

"There is no doubt in my mind that if this man is allowed to have access to any public records regarding children that he will find new victims."
link

Kudos to her for her courage to come forward. Looks like he has had at least two victims.

Horrible man. Wonder if more victims will come forward and possible new charges filed. Was he a foster parent??

link

Kudos to her for her courage to come forward. Looks like he has had at least two victims.

In the video, you can hear his victim's passion, fear, and pain. :(.

The article says Dick said "23 years ago I was convicted of a sex offense,” said Jones. “And that's all been taken care of and is behind us" but if you watch the video, right after he says "convicted of a sex offense" he says "a crime of confusion". What's that supposed to mean?

It means he should NEVER be allowed to run for anything let alone a school board position!

http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_01_030100.htm

I just found this. Any chance there's no statute of limitations for some sex crimes in UT, so this woman could actually press charges?? :what: Wouldn't that be awesome? Wonder if those caseworkers kept notes or if she told others too that could help corroborate her story. What's better than blocking his school board bid? Putting him back in prison for his unprosecuted crimes! Then he can run for mayor of his cellblock or something.

http://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-other-documents/Public-Policy/Legal-resources/2009-Statutes/09UtahStatutes.pdf

In Utah there are a number of offenses that may be prosecuted at any time, mostly murder and violent sexual offenses. In other words these offenses have no statute of limitations.
http://www.utahdefenders.com/utah-criminal-statute-of-limitations/

Under Utah Code Ann. 76-1-301, there is no time limitation on when a prosecution can be filed for the following charges: (a) capital felony; (b) aggravated murder; (c) murder; (d) manslaughter;*(e) child abuse homicide; (f) aggravated kidnapping; (g) child kidnapping;*(h) rape; (i) rape of a child; (j) object rape; (k) object rape of a child; (l) forcible sodomy; (m) sodomy on a child; (n) sexual abuse of a child; (o) aggravated sexual abuse of a child; (p) aggravated sexual assault; or (q) any predicate offense to a murder or aggravating offense to an aggravated murder.

Charges for forcible sexual abuse or incest must be filed within eight years after the offense is committed, if the offense is reported to police within four years after its commission.
link

link

Oh Yeah this sounds like the guy you want determining what is best for your child in school.... not!

How sick is this? It has been 22 years since he was convicted, 30 years since the other girl says she was abused. IOW the time is right for these kids to have grown up and had school age kids themselves.

Still on the prowl, IMO. There are other positions he could've run for that didn't involve children. What arrogance.

I called the station that aired the story, thanking them and the victim who came forward, and passed along the statute info, in case it helps.

I hate statutes of limitations on sex crimes against children. It can take so long to deal with and feel strong enough to stand up for justice. Anyone who harms a child should not be able to escape from justice due to the time it takes the terror to subside, IMO.

This whole thing seems almost too unbelievable to be true, like my mind doesn't want to comprehend that someone would have the gall to be a registered sex offender (of a child!!) and run for a position on the school board. It just doesn't compute.

But I have noticed that it's pretty common for pedophiles to also be awfully full of themselves in general, so I don't know why I am still so shocked when I hear things like this.

That SOB gave up any and every right he might have had to have a say in the life of ANY child, when he raped that poor girl.

Who in the he!! does he think he is?!

If someone tried to pull something like that in the school district that my 3 boys attend, I would be consulting every lawyer I could find to talk to me about a lawsuit to stop this abomination!

Geeeesh! I am hot mad!

link

I want to see this and his associates and business partners go down.

ETA: Gah! I am so spitting mad. I hope his narcissism has opened a can of worms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back