GUILTY MO - John Thomas, Rebecca Russell & Billy Bunch for child rape, O'Fallon, 2012

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.kmov.com/home/Police-St-...-of-the-worst-theyve-ever-seen-156119115.html

Three people are behind bars, accused of sexually abusing three girls; 5 and 3-year-old siblings and another 7-month-old girl.

Court documents show Rebecca Sue Russell would hold her infant daughter down while her boyfriend, John Scott Thomas, had intercourse with the 7-month-old. St. Charles County detectives say it happened in the Tee Kay Mobile Home Manor near O’Fallon over the past several months.

When the neighbor kids came to visit—just 3 and 5 years old themselves—police say the couple raped them too.

Melinda is the older children’s mother. She has asked to have her last name withheld to protect the identity of her children.

It's time to purge our society of the animals who prey on children. Bigger jails, longer sentences, one strike and your out. People who harm children, rape and murder have NO place in our society. It's time to take off the kid gloves. Intervention obviously doesn't work when you've got felons running the streets with 10 page rap sheets. What type of life are we leaving our kids? When do we say enough? When is it going to be one too many kids raped, maimed, starved, killed?

It's time to purge our society of the animals who prey on children. Bigger jails, longer sentences, one strike and your out. People who harm children, rape and murder have NO place in our society. It's time to take off the kid gloves. Intervention obviously doesn't work when you've got felons running the streets with 10 page rap sheets. What type of life are we leaving our kids? When do we say enough? When is it going to be one too many kids raped, maimed, starved, killed?

RO, I agree!

There is absolutely NO rehabilitating these creatures. They are so damaged.

Punishment for child abuse is a joke. There needs to be a complete overhaul.
Our children are our future and the most innocent of all. Our laws and penalties need to reflect that.

RO, I agree!

There is absolutely NO rehabilitating these creatures. They are so damaged.

Punishment for child abuse is a joke. There needs to be a complete overhaul.
Our children are our future and the most innocent of all. Our laws and penalties need to reflect that.

One child raped is one too many! :jail:

Article above has some more background on everyone's relationship to each other. The comments below by family members state the infant is the child of the boyfriend's sister, who is an addict. Good video, too.
Also check out those mugshots! I'm surprised there weren't any drug charges, from the looks of these three.

ETA: What a FREAK SHOW!!! This reminds me of the Aliana (sp?) Lemmon case. Just a circus of trailer trash and pedophiles, and the victim didn't stand a chance.

If I was Melinda there, I would not be calmly giving an interview; I would be staked outside of the courthouse for when and if any of these creeps were let out-with "my little friend".

From the article:
All three of the suspects are charged with child molestation and jailed on a $200,000 bond each. Police say more charges are coming.

At least two of them were responsible for raping a 7 month old baby! In addition to other children under 5. Why is there just a $200,000 bond? It should be millions. What is wrong here?

From the article:

At least two of them were responsible for raping a 7 month old baby! In addition to other children under 5. Why is there just a $200,000 bond? It should be millions. What is wrong here?

Exactly, officials know they did it. Our justice system needs an overhaul. This is LWOP stuff. This is no bond stuff. This is firing squad, old sparky stuff. I'm nauseous thinking about this poor baby and the pain...no child EVER should have to suffer that kind of pain. Ever! These scum should NEVER be allowed freedom again. When are we going to put our foot down and stop allowing criminals to walk? It's time to send a very loud message. You harm a child you spend the rest of your life in prison. No second chances.

Nobody in that family should get custody of the 7 month old baby...please let her be adopted into a family that will wrap her in love and help her overcome the pain and trauma she has endured....

Court documents show Rebecca Sue Russell would hold her infant daughter down while her boyfriend, John Scott Thomas, had intercourse with the 7-month-old. St. Charles County detectives say it happened in the Tee Kay Mobile Home Manor near O’Fallon over the past several months.

From here: http://www.kmov.com/home/Police-St-...-of-the-worst-theyve-ever-seen-156119115.html

So if the baby was only 7 months old and this has happened over the past several months, does that mean it has been happening for all of this poor babies short life?

St. Charles County detectives urge anyone who has children who may have been in contact with any suspects in this case, even for a brief time to call them immediately.
So detectives suspect that there are more victims.

Exactly, officials know they did it. Our justice system needs an overhaul. This is LWOP stuff. This is no bond stuff. This is firing squad, old sparky stuff. I'm nauseous thinking about this poor baby and the pain...no child EVER should have to suffer that kind of pain. Ever! These scum should NEVER be allowed freedom again. When are we going to put our foot down and stop allowing criminals to walk? It's time to send a very loud message. You harm a child you spend the rest of your life in prison. No second chances.

BBM.
I agree. In NY until recently we had the "Rockefeller Drug Laws". They were basically very long mandatory minimum sentences for drug trafficking offences. You could get 25-life for 2 ounces of drugs.

Rockefeller Drug Laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I highly doubt any of these 3 will get 25 years. :banghead:
JMO

Wish they could be turned loose inside a prison yard where they became the prey. Of course, we have to allow criminals their rights to protection. This is beyond sick.

My thoughts exactly - just kill them. Nothing angers me more than adults who prey and harm innocent defenseless babies/children. Why such a low bond?

The mother HELD THE BABY DOWN. No, my brain can't comprehend it. But it can comprehend putting a bullet in her head. Sorry.

MOO

Mel

From the article:

There should be no bond. However, looking at these pathetic creatures, $200k is probably comparable to $5M to the rest of us. They'll never get it raised.

These crimes should hold life sentences for all participants. Mother included.

This takes child abuse and rape to a new level.

I guess I should be relieved that horrors like this still shock me.
Everytime I think I have seen all the evils mankind can inflicts I click another link and lose a little more faith/hope/belief in humanity.

Kill them all.
Can't be cured and my resources are better used elsewhere.

Wish they could be turned loose inside a prison yard where they became the prey. Of course, we have to allow criminals their rights to protection. This is beyond sick.

Of course.... Criminals have more rights than their victims. We don't have to allow criminals ANY rights. It's out of control. We need to go back to bread and water and chain gangs. No TV, no videos, no exercise rooms or basketball gyms. Prison is not a place to just remove criminals from society, it's a place to punish them for harming others and send a loud message to others that if you ruin someone else's life or purposely harm someone else you will spend the rest of your life miserable. I'm disgusted with what I read about their rights.

The mother of the young siblings that were assaulted is saying and doing the right thing now - however she is another case of poor judgement where children are concerned in the first place. She brought a bf into the home and gave him access to her kids. According to the article, she disregarded a comment by her 5 year-old as something off the wall and not related to her household.

When are women going to stop being so weak and imo stupid? I can't help but put some of the blame for what happened to her children on her back - preferably in her face.

Single mom? Been there, done that, but never, ever did I hand my kids over to some guy by leaving the house or dropping them off somewhere where I couldn't watch them. What has happened to women of child bearing age? Relationships have become YT videos and twitter messages - instantaneous. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bump I cannot find any updates on this case (using google), can anyone else??

OMG that is so sickening, wish I never read that! those poor poor children :( Hope those 3 rot in jail!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back