NJ NJ - David Emerich, 32, & Bonnie Pellicer, 24, Camden, 2 Feb 1980

Marilynilpa

Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but when I searched I was unable to find any mention of this.
On February 9, 1980, Bernice Raymond went to a house used by David Emerich, a 32 year old sex film producer and convicted cocaine dealer. Ms. Raymond's 24 year old sister, Bonnie Pellicer, lived with Emerich. Bonnie, from a prominent St. Augustine, FL family, was a law student.

In the kitchen, Ms. Raymond found blood-stained meat cleavers and knives along with pools of dried blood. A bullet from an automatic pistol was lodged in a cupboard. Near the basement furnace she found a pool of blood and a cutting board containing what was later determined to be human flesh.

Later articles mention a bloody chainsaw.

There a several newspaper articles regarding this case.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...409&dq=missing+|+disappear+|+lost+woman&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...YAsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1foDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6878,2606128

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...kBYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=w_YDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2686,4247534

Neither are listed in NamUs, Charley Project or Doe Network.

The "sex film producer" description of David Emerich isn't exactly accurate. He produced movies with sexual themes, and his most recent one prior to his disappearance was R-rated. Maybe he also produced *advertiser censored*.

I wonder how a young law student from a prominent family got hooked up with a convicted cocaine dealer?

From the description of the crime scene I'd say this one is definitely drug-related.

I knew David and Bonnie at the time.

They both visited my home several months prior to their disappearance although I did not hear about it until some time later that year.

I know how David and Bonnie met.

David did mention going to CA but never said anything about making a film.

The old reports for this case seem to end in the late 80's without resolution. I believe David & Bonnie are still missing and I don't think anyone was ever charged for their deaths. Someone wrote a story on them last year but I think you have to order the whole book to read the piece.

http://schlockmania.com/joic-5-5/

However, his biggest Wheatpenny piece in this half-ish deals with the tragic story behind Dracula Sucks, namely the mysterious disappearance/presumed murder of one of the film’s producers and his girlfriend. In typical Wheatpenny style, it’s a thoughtfully researched and conceived piece that deals with the story behind the film, the connection between classic-era *advertiser censored* financing and drug dealing and the history of drug-related crime in New Jersey. It’s a gripping read that captures both the dark fascination and the tragedy of its subject.

The "sex film producer" description of David Emerich isn't exactly accurate. He produced movies with sexual themes, and his most recent one prior to his disappearance was R-rated. Maybe he also produced *advertiser censored*.

I wonder how a young law student from a prominent family got hooked up with a convicted cocaine dealer?

From the description of the crime scene I'd say this one is definitely drug-related.
I knew Bonnie in St. Augustine. She was beautiful in her pale, yellow pick-up truck. She was bright and feisty - a loyal friend and lover of animals. She would have been a great lawyer. I didn’t think that guy was good for her. I like to think she’s living on a ranch somewhere, but I’m afraid that’s not reality. St. Augustine in the late 70’s was a hotbed of cocaine trafficking.

A small correction to #1 above. It was the sister of David Emerich who went to the house rather than the sister of Bonnie Pellicer.
Perhaps more significantly, David Emerich's background in the drugs trade should not be understated. He was a lot more than an ordinary dealer. The first record of his involvement I have found is a court record from 1973 relating to a case starting in 1970 ( Commonwealth v. Emerich, 225 Pa. Super. 163 | Casetext Search + Citator). The detail in this case makes it clear that he was both a producer of drugs and a significant player and dealer. Assuming he was still part of this business it is reasonable to conclude he was even bigger in 1980.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back