Why are the media-hungry lawyers still involved?

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
I think that the media-hungry, high-profile lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are these lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest level?

Why are the lawyers still working on the case? How long do you think the lawyers will stay on the case, assuming it goes unsolved?

I think that the media-hungry, high-profile lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are these lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest level?

Why are the lawyers still working on the case? How long do you think the lawyers will stay on the case, assuming it goes unsolved?

IMO as long as the wealthy benefactors keep shelling out $$$

I'm not sure if this case has the legs to generate a lot more media and therefor money for these attorneys. I have a feeling it's going to fade away.

Now the reason why these guys got involved in the first place is a good question. Did they believe it was the right thing to do? Or was it only about media exposure? Or maybe a combination?

See TMZ. JT is all up in Kim K and the KH divorce. I think he's moved on as well. imo

:seeya: BBM: I totally agree ...

And since there is a "comparison" to the Anthony Trial in the opening post on this thread, I thought I would post the following here -- which IMO, ties into the title of this thread about the "media-hungry lawyers" ...

JMO and MOO ...

As you all remember, Deborah and Jeremy, along with their defense attorney, appeared on the Dr. Phil Show in February 2012 ...

Now NOT to :worms: ... but there was speculation as to whether or not DB and JI were paid $$$$$ for their appearance on Phil's Show ...

I have NO DOUBT Deb and Jeremy were paid $$$$$ ... and JMO, but that is one of the reasons these Defense Attorneys are STILL hanging around ... $$$$$

Comparison :

Now Yesterday, the news came out that Cindy and George Anthony were paid $600,000 by the Dr. Phil Show for their appearance on McGraw's TV Show AFTER that horrible Verdict ! The $600,000 was paid to the Anthony's "CHARITY" ... :doh::doh: yeah, right ... the A's "charity" ...

See WS Thread here :

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177554"]WESH: Caylee's Fund dissolved, Dr. Phil's 600K contribution - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

JMO ... but I believe that Deb and Jeremy were paid some $$$$$ from Phil McGraw Show for their appearance ... NOW I do NOT believe they were paid $600,000 ... but they were compensated financially ...

And the Defense Attorneys are cashing in on this as well ... in addition to the "publicity" they get on a nationally syndicated TV show ...

So ... JMO but as long as the $$$$$ is coming in, the attorneys will "work" the case ... And as long as there is an OPPORTUNITY for PUBLICITY on a "nationally syndicated TV show" -- you can bet these attorneys will be there !

Also, I believe the defense attorneys are being very well compensated by the "benefactor" ...

JMO and MOO ...

:please: for Justice for Lisa !

:please:

:seeya: BBM: I totally agree ...

And since there is a "comparison" to the Anthony Trial in the opening post on this thread, I thought I would post the following here -- which IMO, ties into the title of this thread about the "media-hungry lawyers" ...

JMO and MOO ...

As you all remember, Deborah and Jeremy, along with their defense attorney, appeared on the Dr. Phil Show in February 2012 ...

Now NOT to :worms: ... but there was speculation as to whether or not DB and JI were paid $$$$$ for their appearance on Phil's Show ...

I have NO DOUBT Deb and Jeremy were paid $$$$$ ... and JMO, but that is one of the reasons these Defense Attorneys are STILL hanging around ... $$$$$

Comparison :

Now Yesterday, the news came out that Cindy and George Anthony were paid $600,000 by the Dr. Phil Show for their appearance on McGraw's TV Show AFTER that horrible Verdict ! The $600,000 was paid to the Anthony's "CHARITY" ... :doh::doh: yeah, right ... the A's "charity" ...

See WS Thread here :

WESH: Caylee's Fund dissolved, Dr. Phil's 600K contribution - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

JMO ... but I believe that Deb and Jeremy were paid some $$$$$ from Phil McGraw Show for their appearance ... NOW I do NOT believe they were paid $600,000 ... but they were compensated financially ...

And the Defense Attorneys are cashing in on this as well ... in addition to the "publicity" they get on a nationally syndicated TV show ...

So ... JMO but as long as the $$$$$ is coming in, the attorneys will "work" the case ... And as long as there is an OPPORTUNITY for PUBLICITY on a "nationally syndicated TV show" -- you can bet these attorneys will be there !

Also, I believe the defense attorneys are being very well compensated by the "benefactor" ...

JMO and MOO ...

:please: for Justice for Lisa !

:please:

I've always suspected that D&J were paid for their Dr. Phil interview, even before the news about the 600k for George and Cindy came out. I agree that there's no way they got anywhere near that amount though. When George and Cindy did their interview, Casey had been acquitted recently in a very high profile and controversial trial. I also remember reading that the show had a huge increase in ratings for their episode. For the Irwins, there was barely any national coverage of the case in December and January. The press release for the show called them "parents of missing Missouri baby" which tells you how familiar the producers thought the public would be of the case. And the fact that there was never any media on how the ratings were tells me they weren't anything out of the ordinary.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back