LA - Xzayvion Riley, 8, beaten to death, Baton Rouge, 12 June 2012

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
EBRSO: 56 bruises, bites found on dead child
www.wbrz.com/news/ebrso-56-bruises-bites-found-on-dead-child/

Michael Robertson, 46, of 11480 Glenda Drive and Lavaughn Riley, 32, of 8711 Coy Ave. were charged with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile following the death of their 8-year-old son Xzayvion Riley, according to the release.

EBRSO: 56 bruises, bites found on dead child
www.wbrz.com/news/ebrso-56-bruises-bites-found-on-dead-child/

Michael Robertson, 46, of 11480 Glenda Drive and Lavaughn Riley, 32, of 8711 Coy Ave. were charged with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile following the death of their 8-year-old son Xzayvion Riley, according to the release.

GOOD LORD! :eek:

You should warn this gal about mug shots like that!

I almost choked! Those are two of the scariest people I've seen in a while.

That poor boy :(

Xzayvion's siblings said that Robertson bit the boy regularly.:please:poor little guy. Poor baby.

Sorry, little Xzayvion, that it took death for you to finally be at peace.

The guy isn't even a bf - he's the bio dad? Meth problem?

Xzayvion's siblings said that Robertson bit the boy regularly.:please:poor little guy. Poor baby.

Why was this sweetie singled out?

What makes parents like these hate one child so much?

http://www.wafb.com/story/18777138/...d-cruelty-charges-after-sons-death?hpt=ju_bn5

Riley's landlord said Riley was his tenant for four months. He said he is flabbergasted at what happened and also mentioned the little boy was using a walker a couple of months ago after he suffered from a broken leg.

The sheriff's office said because no one reported the injury, investigators do not know how the broken leg may have happened.

Awful, awful people. Broke his leg, handed him a walker, a friggin walker, and never got it treated? Sick parents. :burn:

My son is 8.

What does an 8 year old do to warrant beatings??

What does any age child do to warrant beatings?

What is wrong with people?

http://www.wafb.com/story/18802247/state-reports-of-abuse-filed-for-xzayvion-riley

An autopsy showed one of the beatings Monday night ruptured Xzayvion's bowel, which led to a deadly infection.

According to records, the state was aware of possible abuse in the home as far back as August of last year. It is confirmed that Xzayvion has been assigned a case worker. The Sheriff's Office had also received a few complaints of possible abuse, but each time, a deputy checked out the situation and found nothing that pointed to physical abuse.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18796009/parents-of-boy-with-56-bruises-cuts-on-body-charged-with-murder

The autopsy revealed that Xzayvion died due to a ruptured intestine caused by blunt force trauma to the stomach. According to the forensic pathologist, the injury was potentially treatable, if doctors had seen the victim when he complained of stomach pains.

EBRSO said Riley admitted to detectives she and Robertson beat their son, an allegation Robertson denied.

During questioning, Xzayvion's mother said on one occasion it sounded as if Robertson was throwing their son against the bedroom wall, and she did nothing to intervene.

The victim's sibling told detectives that Robertson beat the child with his closed fist from noon Monday until Monday evening. Xzayvion allegedly complained of stomach pains and vomited throughout the night on Monday and was too weak to get out of bed on Tuesday.

I am glad somebody showed this child some affection...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if these pictures came from teachers. :tears:

xzayvion2.jpg

xzayvion.jpg

<modsnip>

Also a zero for questioning how they could bury the boy with his parents in jail. Hello? Anybody home?

When will child killing become as serious as adult killing? Mom let her son down by not protecting him from the beating. Both deserve LWOP for this atrocity.

RIP Xzayvion.

I am not sure I can handle this thread. God Bless those who can and will follow this one. Not sure I am one of them. Reading about the DHS involvement and the failure to protect this child, this handsome little 8 year old. Might be a bit much for me.

Much love friend.

Also a zero for questioning how they could bury the boy with his parents in jail. Hello? Anybody home?

When will child killing become as serious as adult killing? Mom let her son down by not protecting him from the beating. Both deserve LWOP for this atrocity.

RIP Xzayvion.

They wouldn't have to bury him if his parents had been thrown to jail a week earlier. :jail::jail::jail:

He was a handsome boy.

http://www.wafb.com/story/26048282/...re-owner-prompts-recess-for-pre-trial-hearing

After three days of emotional testimony, the court recessed the pre-trial hearing until August 4 for Michael Robertson, the man accused of beating his 8-year-old son to death. The decision was largely based on the testimony provided by the final witness of the day...

Pierson continued with her testimony, in which she was asked about her interactions with Robertson&#8217;s son, Xzayvion Riley. She claimed she did witness Robertson punch Xzayvion four times in the chest with a closed fist while in the parking lot outside of Brilliant Minds.

&#8220;It wasn&#8217;t a slap and it wasn&#8217;t a tap,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It was a punch.&#8221;

http://theadvocate.com/news/9871778-123/sister-of-xzayvion-riley-testifies

Xzayvion Riley&#8217;s oldest sister calmly testified Friday that she saw the Baton Rouge boy&#8217;s father, Michael Anthony Robertson, discipline her brother by punching, but never saw them play together over the years leading up to his death in 2012 at age 8.

&#8220;Yes ma&#8217;am. A lot,&#8221; the soft-spoken, articulate 13-year-old replied when East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Leila Braswell asked if Robertson ever hit Xzayvion.

&#8220;Does punching count as hitting?&#8221; the girl inquired of the prosecutor, indicating Robertson would punch Xzayvion.

The girl also said her brother told her on more than one occasion that he was afraid of Robertson, whom she referred to as Tony. The girl said she feared Robertson &#8220;sometimes.&#8221;

Robertson, 48, and Xzayvion&#8217;s mother, Lavaughn Riley, 34, both are charged with first-degree murder in the boy&#8217;s alleged beating death.

The girl testified her mother, Riley, would discipline Xzayvion with a belt.

The girl&#8217;s testimony came on the fourth day of a hearing &#8212; three days of which were held in mid-July &#8212; in Robertson&#8217;s case. The hearing will resume in November when Robertson&#8217;s attorneys will call witnesses of their own.

There were supposed to be more hearings in November but I can't find any news about it.

http://theadvocate.com/news/9871778-123/sister-of-xzayvion-riley-testifies

Xzayvion Riley’s oldest sister calmly testified Friday that she saw the Baton Rouge boy’s father, Michael Anthony Robertson, discipline her brother by punching, but never saw them play together over the years leading up to his death in 2012 at age 8.

“Yes ma’am. A lot,” the soft-spoken, articulate 13-year-old replied when East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Leila Braswell asked if Robertson ever hit Xzayvion.

“Does punching count as hitting?” the girl inquired of the prosecutor, indicating Robertson would punch Xzayvion.

The girl also said her brother told her on more than one occasion that he was afraid of Robertson, whom she referred to as Tony. The girl said she feared Robertson “sometimes.”

Robertson, 48, and Xzayvion’s mother, Lavaughn Riley, 34, both are charged with first-degree murder in the boy’s alleged beating death.

The girl testified her mother, Riley, would discipline Xzayvion with a belt.

The girl’s testimony came on the fourth day of a hearing — three days of which were held in mid-July — in Robertson’s case. The hearing will resume in November when Robertson’s attorneys will call witnesses of their own.

beyond heartbreaking..............

I tried to find followups and couldn't locate anything either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back