ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread#8
Thread #9

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html
Torso found in Montreal garbage pile
The major crimes unit of the Montreal police is investigating the discovery of a torso in a pile of garbage in the Côte-des-Neiges borough, west of Décarie Boulevard.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...onservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html
Human foot found in ‘suspicious package’ at Conservative Party headquarters
Authorities say they were called to the Tory offices at Albert Street at 11:20am.
"Upon arrival, officers noted that the ... package had blood stains on it," the Ottawa Police Service said in a release, according to the Globe and Mail.

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

TIMELINE/MEDIA/INFO THREAD

Please continue here...

Here are some PRELIMINARY guidelines. Staff continues to reivew and assess, so please be patient. This list will change as necessart to keep up with the case.

What is Allowed:

MSM - may quote only ~10% of article. Anything more is a copyright violation.

Photos - they MUST be linked and they may NOT be of innocent people - LM ONLY

Links to the Kitten Killer investigation site - do NOT copy and paste comments. Provide direction for other posters to find the comments and you can paraphrase or summarize and discuss.

LM's Facebook pages - They must be his. No sleuthing of friends/family or others that are found on these Facebook pages. Other LM social sites need to be approved by a Mod because of content/authenticity.

Links to the KHolmoka discussion board - do NOT copy and paste comments. Same rule as the kitten investigation site.

Jun Lin's social media sites - but again, you may NOT sleuth his friends or family.

NOT ALLOWED:

Links to sex sites

Photos of LM with unknown and/or innocent people (we know LM doctored many photos to make it look like he had friends - DO NOT post those).

Links to graphic youtube files.

Links to unapproved blogs - if you want to link to a blog - obtain moderater permission FIRST.

Donation sites - donation sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Petition sites - petition sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Canadian Legal System and the Media (informational document):http://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

Please continue here.

AND remember - this site is accessible to those under the age of majority. So be careful about what you post.

Salem

It is always so interesting to me how everyone looks at a video and sees totally different things. In the up close video at the airport, I think he looks drugged. I didn't see the smirk. He looks like if they let go of him, he would fall over. He did this, I have no doubt. I have discovered a whole new world during this case. I had never even heard of the dark web and I wish I never had. It is sickening.

To me, this is a smirk.

magnotta2.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-judge/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting interview regarding the flight and his hearing today. LE said that commercial flights would not agree to LRM being on board their flights.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2247543092/

Magnotta's interrogation

Interview with Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière on the detention of accused killer Luca Magnotta
CBC TV: The only TV App you need. Available on the App Store.

Please continue here.

Salem

ETA: I moved a few posts over that had links to the most recent news.

here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.

In 2005, he was convicted on three counts of fraud under $5,000 and one count of fraudulently impersonating a Toronto-area woman. He served 16 days in pretrial custody and was given a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months probation. With the sentence came several conditions — including one that required Magnotta to attend and comply with a "treatment program and/or counselling for mental health issues and life skills as directed and take all prescribed medication," CBC's John Nicol learned."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/30/luka-rocca-magnotta.html

I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, although he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

7m Global Montreal ‏@Global_Montreal
#Magnotta > http://ow.ly/bG5nB > Due in #Montreal court today at 2 pm via video link.

OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w

here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.

In 2005, he was convicted on three counts of fraud under $5,000 and one count of fraudulently impersonating a Toronto-area woman. He served 16 days in pretrial custody and was given a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months probation. With the sentence came several conditions — including one that required Magnotta to attend and comply with a "treatment program and/or counselling for mental health issues and life skills as directed and take all prescribed medication," CBC's John Nicol learned."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/30/luka-rocca-magnotta.html

Thanks, unfortunately it does not state "insanity" or schizophrenia, etc. We all know he has issues but if it's bi-polar or something else, I don't think that something of that nature would warrant him not standing trial nor found "insane". If he would have been to that point at the time they would have asked for an assessment and would have legally put him in an institution for a period of time to get help.

I am trying to get the original court paper of this decision (via some contacts) so I can see exactly what was written by the judge. I will let you know if I am successful :) in perhaps shedding more light on this. My cousin was a crimminal defence attorney here in Ottawa but many many years so I may give him a call just to see what he thinks about this case :)

I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, althou :moo:gh he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

Totally agree. Insane in most peoples minds to commit such an act. Legally Insane No. The planning, mailings etc. will make an Insanity Plea a moot point :moo:

Did you see my earlier post about the subject of his intelligence? Check a couple pages back in the thread. Anyway, there have been some pretty brilliant dropouts who weren't the best at English. It happens. Intelligence isn't usually measured by accomplishment though people often think the two are mutually inclusive; our general use of the term "intelligence" conveys aptitude rather than long-term life performance. I agree with you that his lifelong choices have not been for the best. But then I've known people with high IQs who were math whizzes or computer nerds, who only had a high school education, came from a cycle of poverty and abuse, and couldn't spell worth a damn. Often spelling and grammar use reflect education and class (which are often linked) more than anything else. If we let class differences obscure the vision we won't be able to see his true nature. I'm not trying to praise or defend Eric. It just seemed best to stick with what seems likely so that we can draw accurate conclusions about his behavior.

Albert Einstein was a C student in grade school. Eric Newman is no Einstein. I can't imagine that anyone could be a "math whiz" without formal training, because an understanding of theoretical math doesn't just pop into someone's head ... the foundations and structures have to be learned and understood before new math can be conceived. An ordered, logical mind is a pre-requisite for being a math whiz. Anyone that understands the formal language and logic of mathematcis will also have an understanding of the rules of written and spoken language. That is, math whizzes, by definition, cannot be illiterate.

If we stick to what we know, in order to draw an accurate conclusion, we have a high school drop out that is, for all intents and purposes, illiterate. Illiterate high school dropouts cannot be math whizzes simply because they lack the formal training. An accurate conclusion would be that Eric Newman has done nothing to demonstrate intelligence iin any form. It is inaccurate to conclude that because a liar claimed that he had an IQ of 265, 165 and 135, he must be intelligent.

I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, although he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

It's Canada. He's liable to get 2 or 3 years on probation.

There was an article i wish i could find. Not sure where i read it. Family members described Luka as a time bomb. Troubled and delusions of grandeur. Sorry i don't have the link perhaps somebody else read that as well?

Quite true ... he made decisions and took actions that reflect rational thought. I'm of the opinion that he has unresolved emotional issues stemming from childhood. That doesn't make him insane or in need of medication. He needs emotional maturity.

There was an article i wish i could find. Not sure where i read it. Family members described Luka as a time bomb. Troubled and delusions of grandeur. Sorry i don't have the link perhaps somebody else read that as well?

Yes, I read it also. IIRC, they also accused him of setting fire to their house which turned out to be untrue. Someone else was arrested for it.

It's Canada. He's liable to get 2 or 3 years on probation.

Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail