Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Lots of thoughts on this topic-please confine the discussion to this thread. Please remember that this is generally a layman discussion of our opinions regarding the psychological makeup of Magnotta.

MODS: Bringing over from the general thread #10. Suggest this be tied to the OP info?

Allison Jones of the Canadian Press' 20 June 2012 comprehensive article detailing Magnotta's early years when he was known as Eric Newman.

World knows Luka Magnotta all too well, but who is Eric Newman?

http://www.canada.com/health/World+knows+Luka+Magnotta+well+Eric+Newman/6812501/story.html

But still hidden from view is his real identity, which is shrouded in mystery.

His pre-Magnotta life is far less chronicled online, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, he did seem to leave some clues.

Bringing this over from the previous thread.

===

<modsnip>

5. Don't forget the "pull" factor of the psychiatric establishment which will want to get their hooks in him for study and, if I am right and he is "the man who knows too much" they will have to blast that out of him as well.

6. There are interesting changes to the E. Dramatica page the odd last paragraph which I suggested came more from the "Anonymous" side of that site rather than the simply satirical side, the paragraph that said that he might actually be innocent or have been manipulated into the killing and the actual murder or plot being the responsibility by a highly placed Canadian serial killer has been taken down even though it says the last time the site was edited was May. Also the link to the necrophilia blog of LM as far as I can tell is gone.

6.The problem for Canada will be China which wants justice of course I think this is an international incident in terms of foreign police and Canada will have to try to both appease China and keep LM under wraps. I have no idea how they will do that it is the most interesting thing right now I mean in terms of not being able to guess what they will do.

<modsnip>

Second, what is all this about LRM having anything special to say beyond how he committed this horrific crime? Is this all based on those couple edits to that Encyclopedia Dramatica page? That could have been done by any of the million trolls or delusional conspiracy theorists online. There was a guy on YouTube setting up a "LRM Defense" fund and making weird claims about his innocence within days of the LRM story breaking. There are some very weird and opportunistic people out there posting about this story; it doesn't mean LRM is a patsy for some grand conspiracy, nor does it mean LRM has anything particularly interesting to say, beyond confessing the details and reasons for his crime.

Third, I agree China presents an interesting angle of difficulty; but I think Canada won't do anything different. The process will be: have LRM tried and hopefully convicted for life; then declared a Dangerous Offender, so he never sees the light of day again. Much like Paul Bernardo.

I maintain that if LRM is diagnosed as a psychopath-- which I believe he is-- he will still stand trial. A successful insanity defense must show that the accused did not "appreciate the nature and quality" of his/her actions. Think of a schizophrenic living in a world of hidden voices and false images.

Psychopathy is not a kind of psychological condition that would render someone unfit to stand trial because a psychopath, by contrast, fully understands the nature of their actions. They know what they are doing is wrong. They know it's illegal. But they do it anyways, in part because they often gain excitement from breaking rules, and in part because they have no capacity to empathize with their victims.

Allison Jones of the Canadian Press' 20 June 2012 comprehensive article detailing Magnotta's early years when he was known as Eric Newman.

http://www.canada.com/health/World+knows+Luka+Magnotta+well+Eric+Newman/6812501/story.html

It's interesting to read from different sources, dailymail also wrote that Luka was bullied and beaten up at one school.
Another page says that Luka didn't fit in with other males but wasn' bullied.
It seems to me that every person had a different perception of Eric, some people say he was very shy, quiet, weird while others he was happy and nothing strange, nothing abnormal, he was like any other kid...

articles:

EXCLUSIVE: Childhood acquaintances of Magnotta reveal details of his upbringing
http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?blogEntryID=10388831

Q-92 Promo Coordinator Former Classmate Of Magnotta
http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/...omo-coordinator-former-classmate-of-magnotta/

The baby-faced cannibal:
Early pictures of a fresh-faced, innocent-looking Eric Newman,
years before he grew up to become 'cannibal killer'

EricNewman.jpg

article-2156472-13723508000005DC-877_306x423.jpg

article-2156472-1363DA58000005DC-470_306x423.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"He was a time bomb waiting to explode":
Aunt of 'cannibal killer' tells of his weird childhood

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/luka-magnotta-cannibal-killers-aunt-869087

His aunt feared for his mental health:
“I didn’t trust him,” she said.
“He is mentally ill. He has delusions of grandeur. He concocts stories and they, in turn, become fact in his mind.”
“He will create a conflict, then will take himself out and deny the content of the story, which he in fact started,”

“This family, from the head down, is very dysfunctional. The essence of this whole story is parenting – or the lack of.
“The grandmother is very controlling, and if you have a submissive personality, she will do what she wants.”

Ok... I've been working on a VERY detailed timeline for a few weeks now. I have the data entered into a spreadsheet but I've yet to piece out the mental health categories because to be honest with everything I've read to date... IMO... it is a foregone conclusion that he is insane in every since of the word, meaning, term, legality, etc...

So stay tuned for my presentation later... can't promise lights & fireworks but maybe, just maybe a few naysayers might understand what I see when I look at the collective data.

In the meantime... here is a VERY interesting article I found:

Warning: this article contains explicit and disturbing content.

"German police earlier this week were reported to have arrested Luka Rocco Magnotta..."

"In the fourth category are 'psychotic' murders where the perpetrator has lost touch with reasoning and perceptual reality in the conventional sense, so that they may be hearing voices or they suffer from bizarre delusions. Kamil Hakan Dogan, Zerrin Erkol and colleagues report just such a case in their paper entitled, 'Decapitation and Dismemberment of the Corpse: A Matricide Case' published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences. A 57-year-old woman was decapitated and her right arm and both hands were dismembered by her 33-year-old daughter, who had been receiving treatment for schizophrenia for 15 years."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/the-psychology-of-corpse-dismemberment_b_1577919.html

Toronto frauds an attempt to make friends, earn reputation;
Magnotta lived in fear after alleged sexual assault, lawyer says

http://www.canada.com/news/Luka Mag...exual assault, lawyer says/6714700/story.html

I get the feeling he was generally a desperate, scared person in general.

I don't know how he got the 'courage' to do what he is supposed to have done, but again, from the moment he went on the run, he was said to be highly agitated and nervous by the more reliable witnesses, and crying uncontrollably on the plane.

Ok... I've been working on a VERY detailed timeline for a few weeks now. I have the data entered into a spreadsheet but I've yet to piece out the mental health categories because to be honest with everything I've read to date... IMO... it is a foregone conclusion that he is insane in every since of the word, meaning, term, legality, etc...

So stay tuned for my presentation later... can't promise lights & fireworks but maybe, just maybe a few naysayers might understand what I see when I look at the collective data.
snipped by jbean for relevance

Looking forward to it!

Timeline and More - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In the meantime... here is a VERY interesting article I found:

Warning: this article contains explicit and disturbing content.

"German police earlier this week were reported to have arrested Luka Rocco Magnotta..."

"In the fourth category are 'psychotic' murders where the perpetrator has lost touch with reasoning and perceptual reality in the conventional sense, so that they may be hearing voices or they suffer from bizarre delusions. Kamil Hakan Dogan, Zerrin Erkol and colleagues report just such a case in their paper entitled, 'Decapitation and Dismemberment of the Corpse: A Matricide Case' published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences. A 57-year-old woman was decapitated and her right arm and both hands were dismembered by her 33-year-old daughter, who had been receiving treatment for schizophrenia for 15 years."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/the-psychology-of-corpse-dismemberment_b_1577919.html
Link Below!
Causes of anti-social behaviors:

- When the person is exposed to life events such as abuse or neglect that tend to put the person at risk for development of the disorder. (childhood physical, sexual, or emotional abuse; neglect; deprivation or abandonment;)
- - substance abuse, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and a reading disorder or conduct disorder
http://answers.webmd.com/answers/1176308/what-causes-antisocial-personality-disorder
- -a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others

- - failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;

- deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;

- - reckless disregard for safety of self or others

- - irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder#DSM-IV

FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now! :woohoo:
I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!

Ok... I've been working on a VERY detailed timeline for a few weeks now.
In the meantime... here is a VERY interesting article I found

MODS: Bringing over from the general thread #10. Suggest this be tied to the OP info?

What is OP? You all have a language! Did not know "random either" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now! :woohoo:
I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!
Know what hit me about this line in the piece

............... as 'defensive' because the motive is to assist in hiding or moving the body, or getting rid of evidence, or making identification of the victim more difficult.

My goodness, get it if body parts were cut off to HIDE but mailing the stuff to AUTHORITIES certainly sounds more like taunting and wanting to be found as oppossed to not being caught - NO?

Appreciate the help, my goodness been an amazing 36 hours! Florida and you?

Did it take you a while to get, like the "rules" , the wordage or am I slow? And I am fine with you saying no your slow!

But I must confess ugh it is addictive, because lots of folks do not (like people not here) want t otalk about it, follow it etc .

And as an avid true crime reader, for years, I do not get ,just not wanting to know/ understand/ hear what others think, feel. ponder , mystifies me.

original post i believe.

<modsnip>?
KDOGG

See that one above was to you but I clicked on the wrong thing and your question was not in body of response

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

takes focus and I am left brain , not right (math crap!) (organized etc)

gosh I hope now this one comes up right after the last one
lets see !!!!!

KDOGG

See that one above was to you but I clicked on the wrong thing and your question was not in body of response

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

takes focus and I am left brain , not right (math crap!) (organized etc)

gosh I hope now this one comes up right after the last one
lets see !!!!!
OK it did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads