Children taunt bus monitor and make her cry

zippitydoda

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...bullied-footage-causes-outrage_n_1612925.html

Karen Huff Klein, a bus monitor for the Greece School District in Greece, N.Y., is receiving an outpouring of support after a ten-minute video of her enduring vicious bullying while watching over students on a bus ride home was uploaded to YouTube

This video broke my heart - I had to stop watching. What a appears to be a very nice woman, doing her job, had to sit there and take this abuse from children...shame on them all.

But, reading about the overwhelming amount of support for her made me feel a bit better to know that people will not tolerate this. LE is now involved as well. One of the idiots films it while giggling throughout this horrible situation and then posts his prize on facebook to show off, which brought it to light.

This video makes a case for requiring these little brats' parents ride on the bus with them instead of seniors. These kids are pathetic.

I couldn't even finish it.

What a group of disgusting, miserable, over priviledged kids, sitting there with their cellphones and mocking her purse and calling her poor. Unfrickenbelievable.

And I need to stop myself before I keep going and get a timeout for language.

I couldn't even finish it.

What a group of disgusting, miserable, over priviledged kids, sitting there with their cellphones and mocking her purse and calling her poor. Unfrickenbelievable.

And I need to stop myself before I keep going and get a timeout for language.

Lord of the Flies mentality.

I see a future Jerry Sandusky, Casey Anthony, Eric Harris, and Osama bin Laden. :mad:

I will tell you this: In all the years I worked in a middle school, never, ever would we have had that happen. I have to believe these students are probably in a school or program devoted to those with discipline problems...some type of special ed or alternative ed. Kids in a regular school, not under the special ed umbrella, would have been suspended the minute the aid reported them. Also, we never had aides riding regular ed buses.

I dont think this woman told anyone or reported it - it came to light due to a youtube video....

http://gawker.com/5920047/bullied-bus-monitor-nobody-should-have-to-put-up-with-that

About the school http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/district.cfm

As the largest suburban school district in Monroe County, and the ninth-largest district in New York State, Greece Central serves most of the Town of Greece. The Greece Central School District was created in July 1928, but schools existed in the area before the Town was established in 1822.

Schools in Operation..........................................................20

•3 high schools
•1 6-12 school
•3 middle schools
•13 elementary schools

Those kids should be kicked off the bus and kicked out of school, made to do community service or similar, and made to apologize to the woman. Also, why in the world didn't the bus driver stop the bus and call her supervisor or the police and put a stop to what was happening. Where our kids went to school, just saying the F word would get them kicked out of school. Those kids should be required to get counseling with their parents or be locked up for awhile if they refuse. Its terrible how they treated that poor lady!

I will tell you this: In all the years I worked in a middle school, never, ever would we have had that happen. I have to believe these students are probably in a school or program devoted to those with discipline problems...some type of special ed or alternative ed. Kids in a regular school, not under the special ed umbrella, would have been suspended the minute the aid reported them. Also, we never had aides riding regular ed buses.

You were lucky. My DIL substituted at a school where the kids cussed and taunted her. They joined around her and sang the "I like big butts" song and refused to mind anything. She had just had a baby so she has extra weight and that was fodder for them. They also sexually harassed her. She called the principal in who told her if she could not control her class she did not need to be there. He said this in front of the students. She came home in tears and is out of the teaching field she had oriented all her college classes around. Never had she taught at such a horrible school. She said she was running into this kind of problem more and more often And she usually taught emotionally handicapped children with behaviour problems. So she was used to dealing with difficult children.
It is a sign we are not raising our children right.

You were lucky. My DIL substituted at a school where the kids cussed and taunted her. They joined around her and sang the "I like big butts" song and refused to mind anything. She had just had a baby so she has extra weight and that was fodder for them. They also sexually harassed her. She called the principal in who told her if she could not control her class she did not need to be there. He said this in front of the students. She came home in tears and is out of the teaching field she had oriented all her college classes around. Never had she taught at such a horrible school. She said she was running into this kind of problem more and more often And she usually taught emotionally handicapped children with behaviour problems. So she was used to dealing with difficult children.
It is a sign we are not raising our children right.

Permissive parenting at its worst. I wonder how many criminals and killers had permissive parents. It must be just as many as the ones who have abusive parents.

http://www./loveforkarenhklein?c=home

This is the vacation donation link! This has soooo outraged people (reading the comments), they have raised close to 100,000 for Karen. Maybe she can retire instead :)

I'm 55 years old and I must say when I was in junior high we never would have thought of doing things such as this! Why? Because when I attended our Principals were equipped with paddles!!! And yes, they were used!

I am sick. I won't even, can't even watch the video. The descriptions were bad enough. They told her she has no family because all her children killed themselves because she is so ugly! And sadly, one of her kids committed suicide 10 years ago!

This is so horrible. I feel heartsick. I read a few articles and one stated that the police may be putting guards in front of the homes of the bullies because they are worried for their safety. Are you kidding me? These kids belong in juvenile hall. They are sociopathic monsters and will likely end up in prison anyhow with such attitudes. And it's being "investigated"? How hard can it be? It's clear who they are, right? So expel them from school.

Oh and any news from the parents? I bet they will excuse it somehow, right? I don't believe in hitting kids. I don't think there is a need. But if one of these were my kid, I would likely be unable to control myself.

The shame their parents should feel. I want to hear that these kids are seriously punished! EVERYTHING they own and like should be taken from them. Everything. Cell phones, internet, i-pods. No socializing, no t.v., computer, phone, nothing. Just school, and home to do homework and go to bed. They should be made to volunteer with the homeless for at least a year, with someone watching carefully to make sure they don't abuse them too. They should have to write long apology letters and read it to the poor bus lady, in person, while apologizing abjectly and begging for forgiveness. They should be forced to do work for her and to learn about her life.

I don't know. I'm so upset. I kind of think anyone who is this cruel - there's not much hope for them. They learned this somewhere. They were taught that they can do whatever they want and that others are beneath them. It is unlikely their parents will take this seriously. What are we coming to? And not a stitch of common sense anywhere! Investigating? Again, you know who they are, do something! The district should have immediately stated, "We saw the video and are sickened and disgusted. No student in our district is going to be allowed to act in such a manner. We will be taking swift and decisive action against the students who acted in such a horrible manner."

Why is that so hard? Why is everything so wishy washy and vague and cautious, "We are investigating." Give me a break!!!! No wonder we have such hideous kids riding public school buses! No one in authority knows how to act, how to do the right thing anymore!

Sorry for the rant, guys. I'm just horrified over this. Poor, sweet lady!

This sweet lady. Check her out stating she hopes the parents will see this and talk to their kids and ask them to be a little bit more respectful: http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47896265#47896265

Maybe they need to do that talking with a belt. I'm against corporal punishment so you can see how riled this has made me. In this case I just don't see how a discussion is going to change things. These kids are cruel, horrible jerks.

No Gitana, by all means go ahead and rant! Maybe if more people do this these kids and parents alike will get the message that this behavior just can't be tolerated anymore. Children need to learn the meaning of the word respect!

And judging from our local coverage it sounds like the reporters around here will certainly be following up on that school district.

In undergrad classes I was dealing with immature brats who thought nothing of cheatng on tests, doing minimal work on projects and even one girl, who went on to Divinity School after graduating, who thought it was alright to do the exact same presentation in 2 different classes we were in. The second was a group project I was in with her; I refused to do that and reported her.

I guess we are seeing the 'Dumbing Down' and 'Mean Girls' all rolled into one.

This sweet lady. Check her out stating she hopes the parents will see this and talk to their kids and ask them to be a little bit more respectful: http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47896265#47896265

Maybe they need to do that talking with a belt. I'm against corporal punishment so you can see how riled this has made me. In this case I just don't see how a discussion is going to change things. These kids are cruel, horrible jerks.

Like I mentioned before, maybe those Principal paddles need to be re-hung in the offices. I know they struck fear in all of us growng up!

Boy: "They Told Me To Record" Cell Phone Video On Bus
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/school-bus-monitor-bullying-klein/9JFKNvhaQ0q85fLLeWQ-mA.cspx

He says he shot the video because of peer pressure.

Not buying that.

They are already being identified.

And his mother sounds ineffectual and weak.

The fact is, this bully posted this video online, not to reveal what had happened, but to further victimize an innocent, elderly lady. He's as much a creep as the ones who actually spoke. But, he'll get away with it. Most of them will.

I hope the principal expels ALL of them, including this creep, from not only the bus, but from school. And they should all be sued for harassment.

When I first saw this video yesterday I cried, it really broke my heart. It makes me sick to think these boys think it is ok to say these things to someone. :(

I was browsing reddit yesterday and saw Max's post about his wish to set up a donation page for Karen. It was all set up within a few hours and the hope was to raise enough in one month that would maybe give Karen a great vacation. I can't believe how fast the news has spread, the link has been posted everywhere and 5931 people have donated. The total right now is $113,689! Thousands are standing up for Karen to say that it isn't right, and these kids need to face the consequences for their actions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back