IL - Ronald Susek, 61, retired PD officer, shot to death, Melrose Park, 14 June 2012

TheDuchess

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8710188

"A retired police sergeant who was shot to death last week at his Melrose Park home was laid to rest, and the family of Sergeant Ronald Susek said he was murdered and are demanding justice.

It's been a week since the former police sergeant was killed and investigators have had little to say about the attack, until now.

Thursday afternoon, through a press release Melrose Park police say the case has been ruled a homicide and that they're working on several leads."

NOTE: I am posting this article as Sgt. Susek lived in my home town of Melrose Park and served his community well for many years. He was found shot in the chest in his own back yard with his weapon at his side. At first, it was a death investigation and it took a week before changing it to a homicide investigation, as it was learned that the gun used to kill Sgt Susek was not his own.

My heart goes out to the victims family and particularly his widow. They want justice for this terrible loss.

I will post updates as I learn them and I have a friend who is somewhat related to the case, so I am hoping he may come on as an insider to help bring justice and more exposure to this case.

http://www.dukesblotter.com/2012/06/melrose-park-retired-sergeant.html

Interesting blog from a retired officer from the area. Duke champions our civil servants who are victims and are killed or injured in the line of duty. Duke himself was shot in the line of the duty, thus an early retirement.

Duke personally knows the family and has a lot of interesting commentary on his blog, which is a very interesting read all around.

Bumping for justice for Sgt. Susek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back