His belongings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been a member for a while but have been mostly lurking since french is my first language and I'm a little embarrassed to write in english.

I don't know if it's ok to create a new thread so please let me know if my post should have been put somewhere else.

I've been wondering for a while about Luka Magnotta's belongings. I mean, he had an apartment in Montreal and when he fled to Paris, he probably only had a suitcase or two. Where is all his other stuff? He probably had pots and pans, towels (everything you need in an apartment), books maybe, etc. Where is all of this? I guess finding all of his belongings could be very useful.

Also, has anyone remarked that the white dining chairs' paint in his Montreal apartment seens to have been "scraped"? You can see it very well in this thread, post #12 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176070. In the "before" picture the chairs are all white and in the "after" one, the paint seems all scraped. I wonder what he did to those chairs.:waitasec:

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you guys can understand me!

Welcome Channy!

My understanding is he was only in Montreal for approximately 5 months. He probably rented this particular apartment because it came furnished and the rent was really cheap. IMO, he had this murder planned out for a while and knew he wouldn't be around after the murder.

As for his belongings, we know police have recovered his computer. We don't know where he left it. It could have been left in the apartment or he could have taken it with him on his European vacation (assuming it was a laptop). As for clothes, my guess would be he packed whatever little he needed for his trip and everything else was either thrown out along with other personal belongings. That Friday was garbage pick up.

HTH

Interesting about the table and chairs....I havn't thought about it...but really wth happened to them?
oh and your english is very good !!!

Hi and I'm happy you created this thread. I've been wondering about that very thing......what did he take to Paris/Berlin? Where is his stuff?

I suppose LE have his computer(s) and cell phone. But where on earth are his 'daily belongings'?

Now I'm going to admonish you - YOUR ENGLISH IS PERFECT......PLEASE DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP LIKE THAT!! :)

VOUS PARLEZ L'ANGLAIS PARFAITEMENT! :)

*The French sentence is a translation of what I BOLDED in COLOUR in English*

Hello,
I've been a member for a while but have been mostly lurking since french is my first language and I'm a little embarrassed to write in english.

I don't know if it's ok to create a new thread so please let me know if my post should have been put somewhere else.

I've been wondering for a while about Luka Magnotta's belongings. I mean, he had an apartment in Montreal and when he fled to Paris, he probably only had a suitcase or two. Where is all his other stuff? He probably had pots and pans, towels (everything you need in an apartment), books maybe, etc. Where is all of this? I guess finding all of his belongings could be very useful.

Also, has anyone remarked that the white dining chairs' paint in his Montreal apartment seens to have been "scraped"? You can see it very well in this thread, post #12 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176070. In the "before" picture the chairs are all white and in the "after" one, the paint seems all scraped. I wonder what he did to those chairs.:waitasec:

If you hadn't mentioned it I would have thought english was your first language, perfect english! :woohoo:

I wonder if the investigators scraped off the paint? I saw the photo and you are correct. In one photo, the chair is new and in the other, it is old. I thought his apartment was already furnished, but maybe it didn't included a table and chairs. It could be that he moved that furniture in, and that the chairs are old.

Hello,

Im not a CSI-investigator or anything, but could it be some fingerprintdust? That powder clings to everything that has a texturized surface. Maybe that's why the chairs and the table are looking so beaten up? Just my thoughts though....

Im not a CSI-investigator or anything, but could it be some fingerprintdust? That powder clings to everything that has a texturized surface. Maybe that's why the chairs and the table are looking so beaten up? Just my thoughts though....

Yes, I absolutely believe it is fingerprint dust Shimmers.

I had my white SUV stolen last year and when it was recovered, LE dusted for prints. Looks exactly like we see in those pics.

Hello,

I believe that is correct on the fingerprinting for the chairs and table. As for his other non essentials, the pots/pans/books/un needed clothes , all ditched. He ditched at least 6 full garbage bags of belongings. I don't believe he left a shred of anything of his own in the apt, so the computer was recovered in the garbage along with some other items. It's a shame they can't interview the Casablanca poster, it saw everything.....

Stupid question, but I have been wondering what has happened to the Casablanca poster? It is not on the wall anymore in the media videos.
Did the cleaners just throw it out? (probably)
Did LM throw it out along with the other garbage?
Did the police take it as evidence?
Or did LM take the poster to France with him? (not very likely...)

Its exactly one month today...
May you rest in peace, Lin Jun.
:rose:

Stupid question, but I have been wondering what has happened to the Casablanca poster? It is not on the wall anymore in the media videos.

I agree that Casablanca poster is significant. I doubt he threw it out. It witnessed everything that happened and IMO it was his trophy. I bet he took it with him when he fled. Easy to fold it up and take along. And yes I agree that is fingerprint dust on the chairs. It's also on the table if you look.

Never been reported, but likely, that went out by him with the 6 bags of garbage. I've read a few reports that there was only 1 picture on the wall in the apartment (the CB poster) , but that's not true. There were 2 other pictures on the same side of the room as the CB poster, to the left (they can be seen in the video). There was also 1 remaining picture on the wall across on the other wall from where the bed and CB poster was that was still hanging at one point when pictures were being taken, then in another picture with most of the furniture gone, it has disappeared. That may have been a picture already there with the furnishings so it wasn't connected to him. I've uploaded a couple of pictures showing the with / without furnished picture.

Attachments

• Apartment14.jpg
    Apartment14.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Apartment11.jpg
    Apartment11.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 107
Thank you for the comments about my english :blush: I'm just afraid to be misunderstood if I ever make a mistake so that's why I refrained froom writing. But I guess I'll be more present from now on :)

I'd be very surprised if he threw EVERYTHING away. I think he might have some stuff in storage somewhere. Is it possible that a 29 y.o who lived alone for many years doesn't even own kitchen stuff, a TV, books, alarm clock, towels, etc. ? It's really cold here during winter, he had to have at least a winter coat? It's like he never owned anything during all those years, weird. The Montreal apartment looked totally empty in the pictures... I'm probably too "normal" but I can't imagine getting rid of everything I own.

As for the chairs, fingerprint dust would make a lot of sense :)

Thank you for the comments about my english :blush: I'm just afraid to be misunderstood if I ever make a mistake so that's why I refrained froom writing. But I guess I'll be more present from now on :)

I'd be very surprised if he threw EVERYTHING away. I think he might have some stuff in storage somewhere. Is it possible that a 29 y.o who lived alone for many years doesn't even own kitchen stuff, a TV, books, alarm clock, towels, etc. ? It's really cold here during winter, he had to have at least a winter coat? It's like he never owned anything during all those years, weird. The Montreal apartment looked totally empty in the pictures... I'm probably too "normal" but I can't imagine getting rid of everything I own.

The fact that he rented a furnished apartment in the first place, and he travelled around a lot / moved around suggests to me he did live very light in regards to permanent belongings. He was 'disappearing' to Europe, so I think the traces he wanted to leave were online, not in person, otherwise everything would have been left intact. You just pick up any of that new stuff when you're at your new destination.

Forgive me for sounding so out of it and for not knowing what's going on here!:blushing:

QUESTION:

I STILL don't know what you guys mean by 'the Casablanca poster'. In my mind, it has to be a movie poster from the film of the same name. That said.....it doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help here?

:tyou:

Welcome Channy...please do be more present. No judgements here :)

Forgive me for sounding so out of it and for not knowing what's going on here!:blushing:

QUESTION:

I STILL don't know what you guys mean by 'the Casablanca poster'. In my mind, it has to be a movie poster from the film of the same name. That said.....it doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help here?

:tyou:

The Casablanca Poster was right above the bed in the apartment. It was seen in 'the video' , intentionally focused on even at one point, and it was seen in some previous pics of LRM prior to this incident. It was one of the main connections people originally made to LRM when the video first surfaced on May 25th. Hope that helps!

The Casablanca Poster was right above the bed in the apartment. It was seen in 'the video' , intentionally focused on even at one point, and it was seen in some previous pics of LRM prior to this incident. It was one of the main connections people originally made to LRM when the video first surfaced on May 25th. Hope that helps!

Well thank you kindly! I haven't watched the video (nor do I intend to do so). But someone above gave the link to the poster.

Many THANKS to all of you!! :tyou:

http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/05/30/city-webmaster-posts-video-linked-to-slaying

Ahhh, so it IS from the movie of the same name!!

We have a cafe near us (we're going there this afternoon) and there's a statue of Humphry Bogart inside the doorway wearing his 'Casablance' white jacket!! :what: I'll still try to eat in comfort!!

I don't know if this is significant but Bogart's name in the film is Rick Blaine. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail