UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1588
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1588.html
NamUs UP Case 4332 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4332

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on August 21, 1981 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 1981

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 64"; 104 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was located in Los Angeles, California on August 21, 1981.

ModNote: Per Liz Naples of the LA County Coroner's office, this woman was a homicide victim who died in the County USC medical center.

Could the weight be misinformation? It seems almost impossible to be 6'4" and only 104 lbs.

Her weight says that it was measured yet it did not say how long she had been dead, but maybe like https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7451 the weight was less because the person had been deceased for a while? I guess it's possible the height could be a typo and the weight could be correct.

<<<Modsnip>>>>

Her weight says that it was measured yet it did not say how long she had been dead, but maybe like https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7451 the weight was less because the person had been deceased for a while? I guess it's possible the height could be a typo and the weight could be correct.

Has anyone asked if Patricia Margaret Phillips could be the UID?

I don't know much about decomposing bodies but it stuck out to me that her eye color was listed as blue. If she were deceased long enough to lose body weight I'd think her eye color would be undeterminable by that point. Either the height or weight could be an error. Or maybe she was a tall leggy model? She was located in Los Angeles. :)

64"=5'4" would make more sense at 104 lbs

You were right, Tamar. I called the LA County Coroner's office, and spoke with Liz Napoles. She verified that this Jane Doe was 64 inches tall, not 6 feet 4 inches. Apparently someone misinterpreted the 64 inches as 6'4", and then converted it to 76 inches.

She also indicated that this woman was a homicide victim who passed away in the County USC Medical Center.

You were right, Tamar. I called the LA County Coroner's office, and spoke with Liz Napoles. She verified that this Jane Doe was 64 inches tall, not 6 feet 4 inches. Apparently someone misinterpreted the 64 inches as 6'4", and then converted it to 76 inches.

She also indicated that this woman was a homicide victim who passed away in the County USC Medical Center.

:eek:fftopic: Recently, I've noticed a few male UIDs who were listed at 60 inches (some of whom have weights that don't really seem compatible with that height); I wonder if the same thing is going on with them.

:eek:fftopic: Recently, I've noticed a few male UIDs who were listed at 60 inches (some of whom have weights that don't really seem compatible with that height); I wonder if the same thing is going on with them.

Yes, it happens quite often. Also, I would say about 10-15% of all NamUs cases incorrectly list the Missing Persons Report Date as the Date Last Known Alive, or are otherwise incorrect.

A few weeks ago, I added the entire NamUs MP database to my spreadsheet and tried to reconcile the NamUs info to the info on my spreadsheet from the other sites (Charley, DoeNet, and NAMPN). In about 10-15% of the NamUs cases, there was a discrepancy in the Date LKA, and most of the cases that I was able to verify, NamUs had it wrong (not the other sites).

just a note, the only identifier for the UID is dentals so unless a MP has dentals on file, they can't match it.

Having look further into things I doubt it could be Diana lynn Harris.

Namus was update on April 24, 2014 with useful details. For example, there are fingerprints for this Jane Doe.

Also...

Circumstance:" On 08/06/1981 the decedent was found lying in the hallway at a 323 E. 5th St. in Los Angeles. Transported to a local hospital via paramedics where she underwent a craniotomy. Remained in the hospital until her death on 08/21/1981."

Just checked, and that address was and is an SRO (single room occupancy) hotel, the Harold Hotel. I'm curious if they ever figure out if she was a resident there, visiting someone, or what. This also makes me VERY curious about the state of her dentals - how well cared for were her teeth? Really missing public dental records on NamUs A LOT.

Other details, her appendix was still present, and she had a two inch scar on her right arm, and a two inch scar on her lower right abdomen.

Namus was update on April 24, 2014 with useful details. For example, there are fingerprints for this Jane Doe.

Also...

Circumstance: On 08/06/1981 the decedent was found lying in the hallway at a 323 E. 5th St. in Los Angeles. Transported to a local hospital via paramedics where she underwent a craniotomy. Remained in the hospital until her death on 08/21/1981.

Just checked, and that address was and is an SRO (single room occupancy) hotel. I'm curious if they ever figure out if she was a resident there, visiting someone, or what.

Other details, her appendix was still present, and she had a two inch scar on her right arm, and a two inch scar on her lower right abdomen.

Yes, and an SRO on Skid Row. Location makes me wonder if she was homeless, a prostitute, or just down on her luck. I see there are no belongings listed in Namus. I also wonder if she was found nude or if her belongings and clothing were disposed of by the hospital.

Debra Kidwell has dentals available. Missing from Ventura, CA in 1979. Height/weight are close (wt loss over 2 years) and a scar on her abdomen.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/870dfca.html

Also, nervous condition could be a delicate way of phrasing mental health problems, which could be another explanation for the possible homelessness/SRO situation. These two would be easy to compare, dentals AND fingerprints. Debra Kidwell is also on NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24298/5

Her NamUs page says that she had a Recognizable face, has there been any morgue photos released? When looking at cases I like to compare actual Jane Doe photos with missing person photos.

Her NamUs page says that she had a Recognizable face, has there been any morgue photos released? When looking at cases I like to compare actual Jane Doe photos with missing person photos.

Not as far as I know...

Also, in case it comes up somewhere, Debra Kidwell was originally from Pennsylvania, her maiden name was Cronan, and I'm about 90% sure that she had children.

Just checked, and that address was and is an SRO (single room occupancy) hotel, the Harold Hotel. I'm curious if they ever figure out if she was a resident there, visiting someone, or what. This also makes me VERY curious about the state of her dentals - how well cared for were her teeth? Really missing public dental records on NamUs A LOT.
The LA Coroner says "she does not have any upper teeth." So probably either a longtime transient / drug addict who lost them due to lack of dental care or maybe they were knocked out during whatever happened to her that she ending up lying in the hallway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back