GUILTY NY - Annie Li, 2 mos, dies of head trauma, Queens, 22 Oct 2007

EXIA15145

Inactive
Reaction score
This child deserves justice as much as any living child. In this case, Annie's parents and baby sister need justice, too. Both of the parents spent more than four years in Rikers Island. The mom only recently made bail. They have NEVER had a trial. They consistently claim to have done nothing to harm Annie. They were offered plea bargains: admit to a lesser charge and they can go free. They refused.

Here is the link to the article in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/nyregion/what-happened-to-baby-annie.html?pagewanted=all

Christi, would you try the link now please?
Sorry, this is the first time I've ever started a thread.

Ms Li is refusing to plead guilty to charges, which will allow her to immediately walk free to another child she has waiting for her. That speaks volumes to me - integrity for one, and lends itself to reasonable doubt, imo.

This couple were working to pay off horrendous debts and raise a child, so the child was often in the care of someone else. Again, reasonable doubt, imo.

The length of time to prosecute says to me that prosecutors have problems with the medical facts. Are they realizing the child may have had problems to begin with, like their advocate is saying? Does the expert that performed the autopsy and gave the report of homicide have issues with other cases? Doubts on their findings in other cases? Are prosecutors and LE possibly not willing to say they were wrong in this case?

And thousands of women are never charged after admitting to witnessing their child die from abuse at the hands of a bf, and took no action to save their child.

I hope this couple is set free until LE and prosecutors get their facts and act together.

Anyone know what happened to the witness for the Lis that disappeared? The guy who said the baby was OK except feeling sick after midnight.

It does seem weird to me, the whole story, however....I've seen a lot of folks seem to be innocent that are not. For one, if they didn't harm Annie, do they think the lady they were living with did? Then the second daughter is there? Who's decision was that?

Also, it doesn't seem to be a point of contention on the head injury. The shaken baby is what the defense is saying didn't happen. So I guess my question is do you REALLY not know a small new born has a broken leg and cracked skull? I'm honestly asking because thank God I've never had to see something like that.

I also understand not wanting to face immigration troubles by calling police or going to the hospital. So in the article it says the Parents say nothing was wrong. But then went to say they feared legal troubles, so which is it? Was she ok and you didnt notice a thing, or were you worried but didnt want to involve authorities and hospital staff? Not that I think they're guilty. I don't know what to think.

But I definitely could see theparents being blamed in this situation regardless of their ethnicity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I gather from the article that many people were living in the dwelling - a boardinghouse? That's what I gather, not what I know.

Fear of authorities is a way of life where this couple comes from, especially when it comes to having babies - arriving in another country would not undo that immediately, imo.

I'm the last one to defend someone on child abuse charges - even when there is only a small bit of evidence on who could have been responsible. Just not seeing that here.

This article is from January 2012 and states a trial is expected to start in the spring? Does anyone know if one is underway?

I gather from the article that many people were living in the dwelling - a boardinghouse? That's what I gather, not what I know.

Fear of authorities is a way of life where this couple comes from, especially when it comes to having babies - arriving in another country would not undo that immediately, imo.

I'm the last one to defend someone on child abuse charges - even when there is only a small bit of evidence on who could have been responsible. Just not seeing that here.

This article is from January 2012 and states a trial is expected to start in the spring? Does anyone know if one is underway?

One hasn't happened as far as I know. The mom only recently made bail. She was in Rikers for more than 4 yrs. Her three year old is thriving, no abuse there. I was surprised NY DCF didn't swoop in and take the child into foster care.

Here is another link:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/w_...cult-diagnoses/story?id=15371143#.T_Cs-t3X5vk

and another link:

http://www.smithforensic.blogspot.com/2012/04/li-ying-important-new-york-times-story.html

Anyone know what happened to the witness for the Lis that disappeared? The guy who said the baby was OK except feeling sick after midnight.

It does seem weird to me, the whole story, however....I've seen a lot of folks seem to be innocent that are not. For one, if they didn't harm Annie, do they think the lady they were living with did? Then the second daughter is there? Who's decision was that?

Also, it doesn't seem to be a point of contention on the head injury. The shaken baby is what the defense is saying didn't happen. So I guess my question is do you REALLY not know a small new born has a broken leg and cracked skull? I'm honestly asking because thank God I've never had to see something like that.

I also understand not wanting to face immigration troubles by calling police or going to the hospital. So in the article it says the Parents say nothing was wrong. But then went to say they feared legal troubles, so which is it? Was she ok and you didnt notice a thing, or were you worried but didnt want to involve authorities and hospital staff? Not that I think they're guilty. I don't know what to think.

But I definitely could see theparents being blamed in this situation regardless of their ethnicity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You ask can a parent have a child with a fractured leg and skull and not really know?
That isn't the exact injuries, but look at this case:

http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/parents-wrongly-accused-of-child-abuse/

"A Parent's Worst Nightmare" was in an earlier edition of the Readers Digest, possibly in January 2007. I read the story and was thrilled with the ending. It's one that is not often the case.

Wow, what a nightmare for the parents in the RD article -it a took a man larger than life to do what the judge did. Good for him.

Ms Li is refusing to plead guilty to charges, which will allow her to immediately walk free to another child she has waiting for her. That speaks volumes to me - integrity for one, and lends itself to reasonable doubt, imo.

This couple were working to pay off horrendous debts and raise a child, so the child was often in the care of someone else. Again, reasonable doubt, imo.

The length of time to prosecute says to me that prosecutors have problems with the medical facts. Are they realizing the child may have had problems to begin with, like their advocate is saying? Does the expert that performed the autopsy and gave the report of homicide have issues with other cases? Doubts on their findings in other cases? Are prosecutors and LE possibly not willing to say they were wrong in this case?
And thousands of women are never charged after admitting to witnessing their child die from abuse at the hands of a bf, and took no action to save their child.

I hope this couple is set free until LE and prosecutors get their facts and act together.

Did you notice this happened in NEW YORK CITY?

Wow, what a nightmare for the parents in the RD article -it a took a man larger than life to do what the judge did. Good for him.

Did you see that that case, I don't know if you say it set a precedent or not, but it was the first such ruling on an abuse case in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Parents accused in Virginia are not this fortunate, but this couple, like Yi Ling and Yi Hangbin, refused to cave in and admit guilt where there was none.
This judge is an exception to the rule. But Liliana's parents and this couple have a lot in common. They tenaciously cling to the truth, hoping it will all come out in the end.

Hey EXIA15145 - I have a feeling the truth is there and ready to burst forward with a very loud bang. Just as soon a judge with a big 'set' can be found.

Ms Li was 'offered a deal' to admit guilt and if she did, she could walk free - after languishing in jail for quite some time. She refused - my take on that fwiw -

100% of guilty people would have taken that deal and ran. 99.9%, or so, of innocent people would have taken that deal and ran - then would try to tell the truth later with no one to listen. I would most likely have been in the 99.9% if it were me.

.01% would stand fast, sit in jail and refuse to be berated and labelled something they are not.

Ms Li shows the most moxie of any person I have read about lately - I tip my hat to her.

Her admitting guilt would also mean a trial against her innocent man (in her opinion) would ensue, something else she was having none of. She's some young for that kind of moxie.

If there were medical facts here, a trial would have come and gone long ago. Can this couple see the statue of liberty from the cells they are/were in?

If there is anything I can do to help this couple, anything at all, anyone can contact me and let me know. It would be my pleasure.

Sadly, there are afflictions that cause bone breaks in infants with no intentional harm done to them at all. Some doctors pay more attention to the facts and myths than others - the others cause life altering mayhem for the parents.

There are newer and newer tests being introduced to combat wrongful accusations before a child dies - let's hope they are used more often than not.

:banghead:If you read the articles, you can see there's a guy named Michael Chu, he's a Flushing, NY travel agent and a local 'activist' and seems to be leading the support network that believes in the Lis and has a collection that's benefitting Li Ying and Li Hangbin.

This is someone's blog or something:There's an article dated June 27, 2012:

http://ny121asil.wordpress.com/2012...le-genetic-conditions-vs-shaken-baby-syndrome

Hey EXIA15145 - I have a feeling the truth is there and ready to burst forward with a very loud bang. Just as soon a judge with a big 'set' can be found.

Ms Li was 'offered a deal' to admit guilt and if she did, she could walk free - after languishing in jail for quite some time. She refused - my take on that fwiw -

100% of guilty people would have taken that deal and ran. 99.9%, or so, of innocent people would have taken that deal and ran - then would try to tell the truth later with no one to listen. I would most likely have been in the 99.9% if it were me.

.01% would stand fast, sit in jail and refuse to be berated and labelled something they are not.

Ms Li shows the most moxie of any person I have read about lately - I tip my hat to her.

Her admitting guilt would also mean a trial against her innocent man (in her opinion) would ensue, something else she was having none of. She's some young for that kind of moxie.

If there were medical facts here, a trial would have come and gone long ago. Can this couple see the statue of liberty from the cells they are/were in?

If there is anything I can do to help this couple, anything at all, anyone can contact me and let me know. It would be my pleasure.

I find myself going in circles with the above link, but I have read independently of Mr Chu and his drive to help the Li's. He is doing a great job to bring their plight to the public eye.

Does anyone understand Chinese? There's a Chinese newspaper referenced online. It's Ming Pao News in New York City. Oh, it's the Queens County Prosecutor.
The case is adjourned till July 19, 2012.
DNA/genetic testing results are all in and it's Osteogenesis Imperfecta.

The latest message was only recently added. I think the case is picking up momentum, Li Hangbin refused another plea deal. The jury trial might begin in September. Li Ying and Li Hangbin are amazing. They, Nianni and Annie all deserve justice. Hang in there, Li Hangbin and Li Ying. More help is coming?

I find myself going in circles with the above link, but I have read independently of Mr Chu and his drive to help the Li's. He is doing a great job to bring their plight to the public eye.
Are you still having trouble with the link? I try to test them before I post them, and my computer skills aren't good, especially with this computer. I find the stuff on my computer and then try to get the link to work on here. If anyone finds an address or contact info for Michael Chu, please let me know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back