Found Deceased OR - Chase Cook, 22, Medford, 23 June 2012

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police look for missing 22-year-old

Chase Cook's family is looking for him.

Police say the 22-year-old was last seen on Saturday around 9:29 p.m. at the East Main Minute Market, 610 E. Main Street.

More: http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_1496.shtml

City of Medford release - http://www.ci.medford.or.us/News.asp?NewsID=3859

Cook-Chase_ZbKyk_191x500.jpg
Cook-struck_2Gote_500x375.jpg

Truck Spotted But Man Is Still Missing

[snip]

His truck was spotted along Highway 238 in Williams on Thursday...

More: http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/missing-medford-man.html

Mother of missing Medford man speaks out

[snip]

Johnson says it's not like her son to take off with only the shirt on his back. However lately, he hasn't been himself.

"He was laid off from Erickson Air-Crane a few months ago," Johnson said. "He really became very reclusive and rarely left his apartment, just emmersing himself in video games."

But just before Cook went missing, Johnson said he stopped playing video games and told other gamers he was done. Also, she says her son bought a gun a few weeks ago. Johnson says it scares her because she's afraid her son is not fit to take care of himself in the wilderness.

[snip]

Cook is from Colorado, and his mom thinks he may be somewhere hiding out in the mountains and just needs a little direction and motivation.

More: http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_1514.shtml

Concerned for Chase...hope he is located safe.

He's so young. I feel for his mother right now, she must be so worried. Come home safely, Chase.

Medford man's disappearance remains a mystery

The search has stalled for a Medford man who unexpectedly left all his belongings behind except for a gun and went missing somewhere outside Grants Pass.

[snip]

"They don't know where he went after leaving the Provolt area," Johnson said. "The search has stalled until we know what direction he's headed."

More: http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120701/NEWS/207010328

There are so many rural areas and thousands and thousands of acres of dense forest... hope they can find this man soon. He looks like many of his age around here- but I will keep my eye out for him.

I find it interesting that he traveled to Grants Pass from Medford (45 min freeway drive). It sounds like he has a specific destination in mind which leads me to believe that it is somewhere he has visited before. If he just wanted privacy in the woods or to camp off the land there are dozens of places he could have stopped before he got out of his truck.

If any of his family reads this, maybe they should rack their brains/ go through his pics and see if there are any campsites/places he frequented in that area if they haven't already done that.

There are so many rural areas and thousands and thousands of acres of dense forest... hope they can find this man soon. He looks like many of his age around here- but I will keep my eye out for him.

I find it interesting that he traveled to Grants Pass from Medford (45 min freeway drive). It sounds like he has a specific destination in mind which leads me to believe that it is somewhere he has visited before. If he just wanted privacy in the woods or to camp off the land there are dozens of places he could have stopped before he got out of his truck.

If any of his family reads this, maybe they should rack their brains/ go through his pics and see if there are any campsites/places he frequented in that area if they haven't already done that.

Hi Deca, That kind of fits with what I read in the above link. That his truck was spotted but by the time police got there, the truck was gone.

If he is out there to be by himself and just think I hope he decides to come back to Medford and his mother. I hope he is OK. Is there an update in the Sunday Medford newspaper? {Whoops - Just read your last post ;}

He looks like a big strapping guy. With the info about how he was acting before he disappeared I personally doubt he was taken against his will. MOO

Thanks for the OP SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

It is hard to find any happiness in a missing person's situation....but it sounds like he has a huge amount of people looking for him. On the FB page last night people (800+ I think) were showing their support, posting flyers, scouring the coast for his car, etc.

Possible bad news: I just checked the fb page today and Chase's mom wrote that the witness who saw Chase's truck and a man gave a description and the man was clearly not Chase. But it was Chase's truck (everyone seems to believe)

I wonder if Chase left his truck with the keys in it- or sold the truck to someone?

This family is hitting the social media hard trying to find Chase

here is the website
http://findchase.webs.com/

:please:

Lots of people will be out and about this week for the Fourth, hopefully someone will see him!

Has his cell and internet activity been checked? Has the gun been pawned?

Has his cell and internet activity been checked? Has the gun been pawned?

I haven't heard anything about a cell phone-- his family seems very on top of things and I think if that was a possibility it would have been explored. I know some mention was made that he took nothing with him but the gun...so...sounds like he left it??

Internet: one of the above articles states that he told some fellow gamers that he was not going to be playing (on line) with them anymore. No mention has been made about checking any prior searches, etc. on MSM.

There are some very thoughtful discussions on the family's fb page for Chase. Link in an above post.

Has there been any new information out on this man? I've tried searching for some sort of update but have been unable to find anything. I run a missing persons blog and I'd really like to be able to either cross him off the list or give some sort of update.
-LE7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back