WA WA - Kenneth Daily, 15, Redmond, 2 Mar 1985

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been going through HS yearbooks for NamUs no-photo casefiles. I was looking for a photo of Kenneth Allen Daily (or Dailey) of Redmond WA, who was last seen on 02-Mar-1985, and might have gone to California to meet up with a girlfriend.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14274/0

I found his sophomore photo in the 1984 Redmond WA yearbook.

2785481020045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Since his photo is not posted anywhere else, I am starting a thread here for him.

Per the link above, under "circumstances" it says "per law enforcement" Ken didn't take his wallet or pack anything. Originally his family thought he ran away to be with an old girlfriend in California.
I've raised teen boys and I've never had any of them ever leave without their wallets when they were wanting to get away for any reason. I mean if they were upset or anything. They seem to remember to take the important stuff when they are upset but can forget everything else on a daily basis. My own experience & opinion only.
I think there must have been more going on here - like maybe something at school? I wonder how well his friends/classmates were questioned or given the opportunity to talk. Or if maybe Ken was upset about anything (like the girlfriend being so far away)

Bumping with NAMUS Photo:

Per law enforcement - Originally reported as a runaway. Left his wallet and did not pack anything. Originally family felt he went to California to live with an old girlfriend. Never had contact with family.

Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14274/

yeah namus lists kenneth's height as 5'0" (although i do find that strange since he was 16 at the time of disappearance) while the doe's height is listed as being between 5'6" and 5'10" ... way off.
Yeah I saw that too, then I looked on Doe Network where it says the height of the UID is unknown so I'm not quite sure who to trust there--also if Kenneth disappeared in 85, the earliest year the UID is quoted for death was 87, so that would have given Kenneth some time to grow, especially being a 16 year old boy.

I was looking at this case and I just think that it's really suspicious for someone to "run away" without even their wallet. I did some digging and saw a yearbook from Redmond Washington mentioning Kenneth and saying "Where are you Ken..." but the sentence trailed off and I can't find the link anymore. This case really bothers me and I want closure for poor Ken.

I figured out what the sentence said, it was written by a classmate in the 1986 Redmond High Yearbook: "Hey Ken Daily, where the hell are ya?" I know that might not be a whole lot but I feel like it tells us that most people thought he just kind of took off on his own. I wish we knew who his girlfriend was too, I wonder if that friend remembers.
In case anyone is interested this is the link and the passage is the fifth down from "R" (Very small letters!) Classmates - Find your school, yearbooks and alumni online

Returning to that, it seems like Kenneth's status was never altered from Endangered Runaway to Missing Person, indicated by Charley Project. I feel like his case doesn't get the attention it probably deserves as a result of lack of details provided--that being said, the indication provided by the Yearbook lets' us know that he probably didn't let even his close friends know he was leaving town, which makes it hard to believe that he's a runaway--especially considering the state of crime in Washington State at that point in time.

DoB from Ancestry appears to be 26 September 1968. The height/weight on namus must be incorrect. If he was 5ft tall and 140lbs he would be positively fat and his picture shows someone of a healthy weight. Either height or weight is off.

DoB from Ancestry appears to be 26 September 1968. The height/weight on namus must be incorrect. If he was 5ft tall and 140lbs he would be positively fat and his picture shows someone of a healthy weight. Either height or weight is off.
I saw another report citing him as 5'10. Very much not fat.

I saw another report citing him as 5'10. Very much not fat.

Kenneth Allen Daily – The Charley Project

I just looked up his Charley Project Profile - he is listed as 5'10 on there. I thought his NamUs profile had to be wrong listing him at 5'0
kenneth_allen_daily_1.jpg
kenneth_allen_daily_2.jpg

Kenneth, circa 1985

• Missing Since03/02/1985
  • Missing FromRedmond, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Runaway
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth09/26/1968 (53)
  • Age16 years old
  • Height and Weight5'10, 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white leather coat and blue jeans.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kenneth's last name may be spelled "Dailey." His nickname is Ken.
Details of Disappearance
Kenneth was last seen in Redmond, Washington on March 2, 1985. He apparently left of his own accord, but he didn't take any belongings, not even his wallet. At the time, his family thought he might be en route to California to stay with an old girlfriend.

Kenneth has never been heard from again; there has been no indication of his whereabouts since 1985.
Investigating Agency
  • King County Sheriff's Office 206-296-0100
Source Information

He has 9 exclusions listed on his NamUs profile
11797 11/28/1992 Essex MA UP6513
01/01/1990 Brunswick VA
UP6639 07/28/2007 Fairfax VA
UP6530 05/18/1990 Chesterfield VA
UP6304 08/01/1993 Clarke VA
UP2229 09/28/1990 Stafford VA
UP6515 04/19/1987 Albemarle VA
UP9805 11/26/2011 Lee VA
UP6095 06/26/1995 Greensville VA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I feel for his family. He was only 15 - it's very sad.
My first thought is that if he took very little with him, he must have either not left of his own accord or felt he had to leave in a massive hurry, and why would that be?

Moving Kenneth's case back up.

His NamUs profile:

Charley Project:

Doe Network:
I can't find a profile.

NCMEC:
I can't find a profile.

- Can anyone confirm he doesn't have a profile at Doe Network and is able to submit him?
- Can anyone find any additional information/articles about his case from approved sources?

Last edited:
Moving Kenneth's case back up.

His NamUs profile:

Charley Project:

Doe Network:
I can't find a profile.

NCMEC:
I can't find a profile.

- Can anyone confirm he doesn't have a profile at Doe Network and is able to submit him?
- Can anyone find any additional information/articles about his case from approved sources?

I found a reference on another site (which can't be linked here) that Kenneth's case was assigned NCMEC number 1192002. But searching NCMEC (and via Google), I can't find a page for Kenneth there. That number doesn't appear to be assigned to any person in the NCMEC system, so I'm not sure if he had a page and it was removed, or if the site I found that listed that number was in error.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back