GUILTY FL - Michael Davidson & Dustin Morter for rape of 17yo girl, Coconut Creek, 2004

lisad71

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What scumbags. These guys are gonna be sorry they ever set foot in Florida.

December 21, 2004

Two men suspected of kidnapping and beating a 17-year-old girl in Coconut Creek on Nov. 30 were arrested in Missouri, police said Monday.

Michael W. Davidson, 26, and Dustin J. Morter, 31, were taken into custody in two small towns just northwest of St. Louis, Coconut Creek police said in a statement. Police did not say when the men were caught.

Davidson and Morter offered to drive the girl home from a Davie bar Nov. 30, police said. On the drive home, the suspects claimed they were lost, stopped in a deserted parking lot and demanded sex. When the girl refused, they severely beat her and left her for dead, police said.

The girl managed to get help from a nearby resident, and she has been recovering from her injuries.

Police used airplane records to track the men to the city.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-1221arrest,0,4557853.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

What sickos! I do believe these two will be sorry they set foot in Florida. Florida doesn't pussy-foot around when it comes to things like this.

On the news last night, the police said that these two were on a plane 7 hours after they left this girl for dead. Fortunately, someone from the restaurant/bar remembered overhearing their names and where they were from and they were able to nab them.

They are suspected of being involved in a robbery that occured in Miami Beach while they were here. That is some Thanksgiving vacation they had.

How do you even know that they did it? Just because someone says that they saw them at the same bar doesn't mean that it was them. The girl was stupid to leave with the guys that "supposidly" drugged her. how stupid can you be???

mynikel said:
How do you even know that they did it? Just because someone says that they saw them at the same bar doesn't mean that it was them. The girl was stupid to leave with the guys that "supposidly" drugged her. how stupid can you be???

Ummmmmm . . . let's see . . . "how do you even know that they did it"????
HOW ABOUT BECAUSE THERE WAS AN EYE WITNESS? Does that work for you? Believe me, when someone is raped, beaten and left for dead, they want the guilty people punished for it - not just any Tom, Dick or Harry off the street.

Moreover, while I'm sure the girl wasn't too bright for taking a ride with strangers, that in no way equates to your suggestion that she somehow had it coming. Since, you're perfect, I'm sure nothing like this will ever happen to you, but a little compassion wouldn't kill you now would it?

mynikel said:
How do you know that they ""supposidly" drugged her"? I read and re-read the article and didn't find that information.

She was only 17 and probably doesn't have the life experiences to know how dangerous leaving with two strangers was. As much as people would like to think that 17 year olds are mature and responsible, the truth is that many are not. They are still very immature. I am curious what bar allowed her entry at 17?

Noone asks to be raped, beaten and left for dead. Thinking that someone else, who has lived through that horror, is stupid shows one's own lack of compassion and intelligence.

tennessee said:
How do you know that they ""supposidly" drugged her"? I read and re-read the article and didn't find that information.

She was only 17 and probably doesn't have the life experiences to know how dangerous leaving with two strangers was. As much as people would like to think that 17 year olds are mature and responsible, the truth is that many are not. They are still very immature. I am curious what bar allowed her entry at 17?

Noone asks to be raped, beaten and left for dead. Thinking that someone else, who has lived through that horror, is stupid shows one's own lack of compassion and intelligence.
Police believe she was possibly drugged at a restaurant in Davie before she got into a black Ford Mustang convertible with the men, this was from the report on cbs4.com.....this one is from nbc6.com, Police believe the girl was possibly drugged at a restaurant in Davie before she got into a black Ford Mustang convertible with the men. The teen said she became frightened when it appeared they were not taking her directly home and the driver claimed he was lost.

that is two reports of her possibly being drugged. Believe me, I have made stupid mistakes when i was 17 also. I was three months pregnant and was beaten till i had a mis carriage by my ex, then when I moved back home, I went to a bar and got drugged and taken outside and left by myslef. Do people not listen and watch the news to realize that there are crazy people out there. I realize that people are young and stupid but come on. why didn't her friends stop her? Another thing, I personally know who these guys are and deep down I don't think they did it.

mynikel said:

Aha, your first post is quite telling, indeed.
The only person to blame for a crime is the sick perp(s) who committed it.

I'm an advocate, mynikel, and you are the person I am trying to educate. You encompass every person without empathy I have ever spoken to in my work.

There are many victims and advocates here, and you will certainly "enjoy" the tango, albeit very brief if you keep this up.

A victim is never to blame....no matter what.
With HOPE, Lanie

WasBlind said:
Aha, your first post is quite telling, indeed.
The only person to blame for a crime is the sick perp(s) who committed it.

I'm an advocate, mynikel, and you are the person I am trying to educate. You encompass every person without empathy I have ever spoken to in my work.

There are many victims and advocates here, and you will certainly "enjoy" the tango, albeit very brief if you keep this up.

A victim is never to blame....no matter what.
With HOPE, Lanie
i understand that the only person to blame for a crime is who did it. but i beleive things happen for a reason and there apperently was a reason for this to have happened. I am not putting total blame on the girl but come on have some sense in what is right and wrong.

Not another blame the victim crusade, cmon! I dont care WHAT the girl did, she is not to blame for being beaten and raped. As for the accused, I will assume LE has DNA samples, so they will be able to compare the DNA from the victim to the DNA of the accused. They will have thier day in court. Tox screens would also show if the "supposed" drugging took place. I cant believe in this day and age someone would actually feel the victim was "asking for it".

Here we have not one but two sex offenders working together to commit this horrendous crime. Their victim was a MINOR and they are both adults. Two men kidnapped this girl and together attacked her and left her for dead. Put yourself in her shoes for just one minute and imagine what she went through! How many others have they victimized? How can anyone put any blame at all on this poor girl? The only "reason" this happened was because of the evilness lurking within these two sick men. Did she deserve this? Would anyone deserve this for any reason... ever? Whether or not the suspects are the perpetrators will be determined through evidence. I certainly wouldn't want to know people I know are capable of this crime and you often hear people express their shock and disbelief that someone they know committed a heinous crime but blaming the victim even in part for the crime?????????? What the??????? I pray for justice and for empathy for the victim.

I have been in her shoes before and i will admitt i blame myself for what happened to me. I didn't get out. granted she only knew them one night, but still..it just doesn't make sense. I dated the guy Dustin for a while and not once did he show any violence towards me. And I also Talked to him on the phone the night "it" happened and the time the police said it happened. I didn't here anything of that sort going on in the backround. but what ever. Maybe because i know them so well I don't want to beleive anything I hear.

Not that this makes any difference at all, but it is being reported that the victim might have been drugged AT the club, before leaving with these guys. That might explain why she left with them, maybe she wasn't thinking clearly or was feeling sick. Unfortunately, I know from experience how fast these drugs start to work. I was drugged while drinking a glass of wine at a PTA convention of all places.

It wouldn't matter to me if she had skipped singing and dancing out to the car with these guys. None of it is her fault. At her age, I got in the car with people I didn't know many times. Was I stupid? No. Was I too trusting? Absolutely. I can't believe anyone would imply it was this CHILD's fault.

imo

mynikel said:
i understand that the only person to blame for a crime is who did it. but i beleive things happen for a reason and there apperently was a reason for this to have happened. I am not putting total blame on the girl but come on have some sense in what is right and wrong.

The first sentence was perfect. Then you said it, BUT...

Are you surmising this horrid attack on this woman was somehow to benefit others? Yes, things happen for a reason. This woman LIVED and these THUGS will be put away, hopefully, and no other person will ever suffer at their hands again. People who commit such acts of control usually get paranoid and eventually KILL someone.

Oh, I am so relieved you are not putting TOTAL blame on the girl. *extreme sarcasm* There should be no blame put on the girl. You just nullified your own first sentence. See that?

You said "i understand that the only person to blame for a crime is who did it." Then you said "I am not putting total blame on the girl" and again that word "but" "come on have some sense in what is right and wrong."

Are you stating you think the girl should have KNOWN they would attack her?

I am not gonna spend any more time debating this with you. You are sadly in that category of persons who will never "get it" until something horrifically tragic happens to YOU or YOURS. Then, and only then will you have true compassion.

The people who took this girl (and I hesitate to use the word people, because the crime is quite animalistic) have free will. God gave us ALL free will. They used their free will to take advantage of this young woman. Then they hurt her, and basically left her to die. Don't you see that eventually, if they went on uncaught, their crimes could lead to murder?

You said "come on have some sense in what is right and wrong." Exactly. They (the perps) knew that what they were doing was wrong.

You said "i understand". I say, no you do not understand.

My prayer is they are put away into cages, forever. If you behave like an animal in society, you will be caged like one. That is the law. There are no "buts" in the law. Thank God.

Prayers for complete recovery for this young woman, Lanie

mynikel said:

mynikel

#1 We dont attack crime victims on Websleuths. This young woman is a crime victim. Please refrain from this in any future posts.

tybee

everybody says don't blame the victim, put yourself in her shoes. well i have been in her shoes. i lost my baby cuz i got beat, she didn't lose her life, i lost a part of me. All I am saying is that, i know these guys and i can't beleive it till they are proven guilty.

You can not believe it without attacking the victim.

mynikel said:
everybody says don't blame the victim, put yourself in her shoes. well i have been in her shoes. i lost my baby cuz i got beat, she didn't lose her life, i lost a part of me. All I am saying is that, i know these guys and i can't beleive it till they are proven guilty.

It's fine to say you don't believe they are guilty, it is another to say the victim was asking for it by getting in the car (not your exact words, I know).

We have many people on this forum who defend those accused of crimes, but that is quite different from slamming the victim.

I am sorry for your experience, that must have been heartbreaking.

imo

mynikel said:

Maybe you are with the wrong crowd. No one deserves to be beaten and lose their baby because of it. And, even if you do know these guys aren't you a little taken aback with the behavior? Please, don't fall into this trap. Get away from it and gain perspective. Future generations depend upon it including yours!

concernedperson said:
Maybe you are with the wrong crowd. No one deserves to be beaten and lose their baby because of it. And, even if you do know these guys aren't you a little taken aback with the behavior? Please, don't fall into this trap. Get away from it and gain perspective. Future generations depend upon it including yours!
yeah i am consfused by their behavior but have you ever been in the situation where someone so close to you could do something like that,when you sat there on his couch and cried your eyes out to him because of what did happen to you and all he did was comfort you and tell you that your deserve better and no one deserves to be treated like that and all of a sudden he turns around and does the same thing. it is hard to beeive that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back