GA GA - Leslie Beebe, 26, Alpharetta, 13 Dec 2004

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/northfulton/1204/22missing.html

The family of a Roswell [GA] nurse who has been missing for a week is offering a $10,000 reward for information on her whereabouts.

Leslie M. Beebe, who is in her mid 20s, was last seen the night of Dec. 13 leaving her home in the Willow Springs neighborhood, driving a gray/silver 2000 Volkswagen Jetta toward the intersection of Nesbit Ferry and Old Alabama roads. The Georgia license tag on the Jetta is AGY9412.

"The family is concerned because she normally calls in," said Roswell police Sgt. Frances Watson. "She had not called in to work."

Police have no other evidence to suggest foul play, Watson said. Beebe works for a private nursing company.

Beebe is 5-feet-6 inches tall, with blond hair and blue eyes. She has an ankle tattoo of vines with flowers and a butterfly. On her back, she has a tattoo of a fairy with flowers.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Roswell Police Department at 770-640-4100.

http://www.wgcltv.com/

Click on "Family and friends search for missing woman"

Where this woman disappeared from is in a neighborhood hangout that no one would ever think would be dangerous. It is so scary that she has been gone this long and there is hardly anything on the news or anything about it - doing a google search on her name turns up almost nothing, but she has been gone for days and hasn't contacted her family, friends, or work and hasn't touched her bank accounts or credit cards.

The local media is just now starting to take this semi-seriously, and it doesn't seem that the family has a lot of help getting the word out. Right now it seems to be limited to fliers and signs - no web info or missing persons association helping.

I fear this is going to end badly. :(

Wait--
Her body sat in front of a house for 8 or however many days and NO ONE noticed?? Something is seriously wrong here...
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Wait--
Her body sat in front of a house for 8 or however many days and NO ONE noticed?? Something is seriously wrong here...
Karen

Sharon Santos was in front of a restaurant for weeks, in her trunk. LE ticketed the car, people complained, and no one "found her" even though her poster hung very nearby, with a picture of the car, no less. Sadly, Karen, it is not as uncommon as you think.

"The eight-day search for a missing Roswell, Ga., woman ended late Tuesday when a young woman's body turned up in front of a home in Sandy Springs.

Fulton County police say a homeowner called them about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to report noticing a woman slumped over the steering wheel of a silver car parked in front of his house on Forestwood Lane. Officers went out to the scene and discovered a dead woman in a silver-colored Volkswagen Jetta.

Police say the car may have been parked in front of the North Fulton County home since last Sunday, at least."

Prayers for her family, for answers and justice, Lanie

Lanie,

The thing that upset me the most about this case is that it seemed the family had no one advising them on what to do. Other than signs and fliers, there was nothing on the news until she had been gone a week and an internet search of her name turns up nothing. Compare that to how Laci's case was treated from day 1.

It is so sad that this vulnerable group (over 18 but no spouse/kids) gets so little attention when they are missing. It may turn out that Leslie had a car accident or died of natural causes, but most of her family's trauma of the last 8 days could have been avoided if anyone in the local news media had given this a moment of attention.

Scary and sad.

Leslie's murder remains unsolved.
We are actively pursuing justice for her.

I would love to know if WS'ers think it is possible that Gary Michael Hilton may be responsible for her death.

She wasn't in the trunk she was in the drivers seat, slumped over the steering wheel.

She was found less than 6 miles from where GMH lived in his bosses place of work at that time. He could have easily biked home or even walked.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/y9wm4we

A: Lake Russell, GA (Hilton camped here)
B: Cumming, GA (Patrice Endres)
C: Leslie Beebe last seen here
D: Forestwood Dr, Sandy Springs, GA (Beebe found here)
E: Chamblee, GA (Hilton lived here at his bosses place of business)
F: Beebe worked here

Leslie Beebe left work (F on map) and was last seen at the Derby sports Bar in Alpharetta (C on map), her car and body were found in Sandy Springs (D on map).

So Beebe drove from the Atlanta area N to Alpharetta where she disappeared but her and her car were found in Sandy Springs. This means either she drove or someone else drove her car back to Sandy Springs. She was almost home when she stopped at her usual hang out at the Derby. Why drive all the way back to the Atlanta area where she worked? Could she have been forced to drive there or was her car driven by someone else and her body left there? I find this plausible.

Gary Hilton lived at his boss' place of business in Chamblee less than 6 miles from where Beebe and her car were found.

I found it odd that Patrice Endres went missing in Cumming which is on the way from Hilton's camp at Lake Russell (G on map) to where Hilton lived at his bosses house in Chamblee.

The same can be said for the place Beebe disappeared from. It is also on the way from Hiltons camp to his bosses house where Hilton lived off and on.

Five years ago today Leslie Beebe went missing.
She was found deceased eight days later.

RIP Leslie.
The search for your killer continues.

If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

"If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
all filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
that an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
all those I dearly love.

But as I turne d to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do,
it seemed almost impossible,
that I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all that we shared,
And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
and maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss some tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earth is past,
but here life starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
and since each day is the same way,
There's no longing for the past.

So when tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart "

Author Unknown ~

Indian Prayer

When I am dead
Cry for me a little
Think of me sometimes
But not too much.
Think of me now and again
As I was in life
At some moments it's pleasant to recall
But not for long.
Leave me in peace
And I shall leave you in peace
And while you live
Let your thoughts be with the living.

Traditional

The Fulton County Cold Case Division has just taken over the case and are actively investigating.

Good. I hope they're investigating the Gary Hilton angle; it's intriguing.

I am just glad that they are actively working this again. I am praying that one of the investigators makes this their pet project until it is solved. I hope this case weighs heavy on one or all of their hearts like it is one of their own children who was murdered.

How strange for this thread to pop up after so long! I was literally talking about Leslie less than 12 hours ago!

Prayers for answers. I don't know about GMH. I would have to read more details. The news really let this one drop after she was found, and IIRC there was never a determined cause of death.

The one thing that makes me think it was not GMH is that there was no evidence of her being raped, tortured, or displayed. Didn't they originally say it might have even been natural causes? That doesn't sound like GMH to me.

I will never forget being in the Barnes and Noble parking lot and seeing her sister and a friend (I think) doing an interview with a TV station. It was the first I had heard of Leslie. So sad to think that she never got the attention that might have helped answer some questions.

Aw, Thank you Angel mom.

I have seen the autopsy pic's. I assure you this was no natural cause of death. She fought hard.

GMH did not display his victims, that I have read anyway.
He did seem to have a penchant for hitting them in the head though to try and knock them out before he killed them.

ETA: Yes, you are correct, the manner and cause off death are listed as undetermined. I have been told that there is another ME taking a look at all of it now.

Aw, Thank you Angel mom.

I have seen the autopsy pic's. I assure you this was no natural cause of death. She fought hard.

GMH did not display his victims, that I have read anyway.
He did seem to have a penchant for hitting them in the head though to try and knock them out before he killed them.

ETA: Yes, you are correct, the manner and cause off death are listed as undetermined. I have been told that there is another ME taking a look at all of it now.

I am so sorry that you have had to see those pictures of Leslie. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be.

As for GMH, he decapitated and/or dismembered Meredith Emerson, Michael Scot Louis, and Cheryl Dunlap. He shot John and Irene Bryant, IMHO just to rob them but not for the sadistic, sexual thrill he got from the others. I pray that he is not Leslie's killer. Meeting up with him sounds like a horror movie.

http://hitsusa.com/blog/452/gary-michael-hilton/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back