***DENIED!*** Our First Case. Let's Keep PedophileDonald Scott Brunstetter in prison!

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WELCOME TO CITIZENS AGAINST PEDOPHILES EARLY RELEASE or simply, "CAPER."

This is our first case. If we are successful then we will work with other people in other states to get this done.

Now is the time to do something. Please do not let someone else do all the work.

We need to keep convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter behind bars.

Brunstetter sexually abused his step-daughter between the ages of 8 and 10. He has admitted his crimes.

Websleuths member LisaB is Brunstetter's ex wife and the young girl is her daughter.

He meets with the parole board on July 24th so we don't have much time. He has served a fraction of his original sentence.

LisaB came to Websleuths and asked us to write the Chair of the Maryland Parole Commission demanding Donald Scott Brunstetter serve every bit of his sentence and then be committed to civil confinement in a state facility until he is deemed “cured” and safe to be let out on the streets.

Check out THIS LINK for a list of great articles about pedophiles and the damage they do to the innocent.

Please write a real letter and use the U.S. Mail to have it delivered.

Address your letters to:

David R. Blumberg, Chair
MARYLAND PAROLE COMMISSION
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 307, Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341
e-mail: dblumberg@dpscs.state.md.us

We can't let LisaB's daughter down. Please take 6 minutes, a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp and make a difference.

PLEASE READ LISAB'S STORY BELOW:

Please Help Keep Donald Scott Brunstetter Behind Bars
From 2000 (when she was 8) until 2002 (when I divorced him for unrelated reasons), Donald Scott Brunstetter deceived me and betrayed my trust by molesting my daughter on a near-daily basis. Years went by before she told anyone, although her behavior made us know something was wrong. It all spilled out one day in January 2007, and since then we have been fighting an uphill battle trying to keep him off the streets. He pleaded "Not Guilty" to all charges, but after hearing all testimony, he was found guilty of more than half the charges. He was sentenced to 3 consecutive 15 year terms and one concurrent 5 year term. We soon learned that he would not be serving 45 years, as 30 years were suspended.

Predictably, he filed an appeal, but six months after he was convicted, he penned a "confession" which he asked his trial attorney to convey to us by way of the court. It was an additional 8 months before we received it, along with word that he had dropped his appeal.

We have been informed by the Parole Commission that he is now eligible for parole, having served 25% of his sentence. He was sentenced to serve 15 years, and should serve the entirety of this sentence. When I bought my home and took on a fifteen-year mortgage, I knew I would have to make 180 monthly payments before the house was mine. Nobody is patting me on the back for having dutifully made my mortgage payment every month for 25% of the term of my loan, and offering to just "write off" the balance. It is my opinion that Donald Brunstetter should not have his sentence "discounted" either. Good behavior in a prison environment should be simple for a pedophile, as there are no children to victimize.

Donnie's parole hearing is to be held at the Hagerstown Correctional Facility on July 24th, 2012. My daughter and I have indicated to the Parole Commission that we want to be in attendance, and that Lauren would like to make a statement prior to them making a decision as to whether or not to release him.

http://tinyurl.com/NoParole4Pedophile

Child Protective Services Case http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/03 DHR.pdf
Anne Arundel County Case Archive http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/04 Case Information County.htm
Statement of Criminal Charges http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/05 Criminal Charges.pdf
Summonses and Subpoenae http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/06 Summons & Subpoena.pdf
Maryland State Case Archive http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/07 Case Information State.htm
Victim Impact Statements http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/08 Victim Impact.pdf
Appeal http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/09 Appeal.pdf
DHMH RE: Mandatory Reporter http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/10 Mandated Reporter - DHMH.pdf
Confession http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/11 Confession.pdf
Post-Conviction Correspondence http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/12 Post-Conviction.pdf
Parole Board Information http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/22dpscs/html/22agen.html#parole

ORIGINAL RECORDS MAY BE VIEWED AT:
Maryland State Judiciary Case Search:
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp
Accept terms by ticking box, then key in defendant name: Donald Brunstetter.

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Here is an excellent letter written by a former police agent and a friend of LisaB's.
This letter has excellant information about pedophiles.

````````````````````````````

Attachments

• Brunstetter Letter.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 167
Fred Howard Coffey, Jr is a convicted pedophile and child murderer. He is currently residing in Pender Prison, Burgaw, NC. He has admitted to molesting over 100 children and is suspected in the deaths of several children.

Coffey was convicted of murdering 10-year-old Amanda Ray and sentenced twice to death. At his third trial, much evidence was supressed and he got a life sentence. He has been elegible for parole since 1995 and is once again up for parole this month. A hearing is set for 21 July 2012.

See below links for more information about Coffey.

Write to:
Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
P.O. Box 29540
Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us

LINKS:

http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Neely Smith, age 5, murdered 1981, NC - Suspect: Fred Howard Coffey Jr. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here's another sample letter. This is one that could be used by those who are not directly involved in the case, and may even live in another part of the country (or world) and have never met me, my daughter Lauren, or Mr. Brunstetter. Feel free to use any or all of it in writing your own letter.

Although I am not personally involved in this case, I feel it is EVERYBODY's responsibility to protect our society's children from sexual predators. I am writing in the capacity of a concerned citizen who has recently become aware of the July 24th Parole Hearing for Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456, who was charged by the State of Maryland for the crimes of parental child abuse, second degree sexual assault, second degree and third degree sexual offenses, and unnatural or perverted practices, and convicted in July 2008, despite his "Not Guilty" pleas, and sentenced to a term of 45 years, the majority of which was suspended.

Since his conviction, he has acknowledged, in his own handwriting, that he did in fact commit the acts of which he was accused. His victim was an eight-year-old girl, who he molested regularly throughout his two-year marriage to her mother.

Those who abuse children can not be counted upon to control their impulses, which is why keeping them incarcerated is the only way to completely segregate them from potential victims, thereby eliminating the threat of future offenses, which are statistically likely to occur if an opportunity presents itself.

Victims of sexual abuse often experience severe emotional trauma upon seeing the offender, even in a public place where he poses no threat to them. Mr. Brunstetter's victim still resides in the area, and is terrified at the possibility that he may be released, fearing she will spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder, never feeling really safe. As she is still in therapy, it would be in her best interests to keep her molestor behind bars while she continues to develop coping mechanisms and a support network. She has suffered from his actions for 12 years, and the end is nowhere in sight.

Please consider these facts when you review Mr. Brunstetter's case on July 24th, 2012, and DENY HIS REQUST FOR PAROLE.

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr is a convicted pedophile and child murderer. He is currently residing in Pender Prison, Burgaw, NC. He has admitted to molesting over 100 children and is suspected in the deaths of several children.
(SBM)
He has been elegible for parole since 1995 and is once again up for parole this month. A hearing is set for 21 July 2012.(SBM)

My letter is already in the mail.

I think we need to start higher up, and get our elected officials to set mandatory minimum sentences for pedophilia, without the possibilty of parole.

JMO

I am drafting my letter now and will have it in the mail today. I will do everything in my power to help keep these monsters that prey on our children locked up. I'm sure everyone here on WS can get a letter off in the mail to help protect the children in this country. Pedophiles being released back into society IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Email sent today, 7/06. Best of luck, Lisa and may you and your daughter, Lauren, receive some peace of mind soon.

An Acknowledgement for my letter. Nice they responded!

Thank you for your letter. We will have it placed in the file for review by the hearing officer/commissioner before the hearing.

David R. Blumberg, Chairman

Maryland Parole Commission

(410) 585-3256

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:31 AM
To: Blumberg, David
Subject: Request for Parole - Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456

Paper letter sent as requested and will be snail mailed today.

An Acknowledgement for my letter. Nice they responded!

Thank you for your letter. We will have it placed in the file for review by the hearing officer/commissioner before the hearing.

David R. Blumberg, Chairman

Maryland Parole Commission

(410) 585-3256

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:31 AM
To: Blumberg, David
Subject: Request for Parole - Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456

I REALLY appreciate you not only taking time to write a letter, but to let me know that they got it, and ARE going to consider these in making a decision.

When we first met Donnie, he misrepresented himself and his financial situation, withheld information about his criminal history, and neglected to mention a series of Motor Vehicle violations (DUI, driving on suspended license, etc.). Furthermore, he failed to disclose an 18-month stay in a mental health facility as a teenager after being expelled from two boarding schools, one of which positions itself as "offering remediation for boys not achieving their potential". None of this information was available to us at that time.

We are TERRIFIED of seeing him, and it isn't made any better by the fact that we have to go and do this in the prison, 3 hours from home. Prisons freak me out, but we have to do this. He has been in "protective custody" since arriving at the facility, so the stereotypical treatment of convicted child sex offenders by the other inmates (trying to be delicate) is not an issue here.

My daughter apparently was not aware of this until I mentioned it last night. She has been "gloating" for the last 4 years figuring that what goes around comes around. She was DEVASTATED upon learning the truth. Personally, I would not wish that on ANYONE, however I think 45 years incarceration would have been a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, that is no longer an option, but 15 years (11 to go) is.

I'd be interested in seeing what people have written, and would love it if you would either post your letters here, or PM me.

I sent emails to both email addys posted by LisaB.

Do you think emails are as effective as a written letter/snail mail? I will be happy to write a letter and snail mail it if you think it is best.

What about a Change.org petition? They have been highly effective in other arenas.

Email sent today, 7/06. Best of luck, Lisa and may you and your daughter, Lauren, receive some peace of mind soon.

Just sent mine too! Good luck Lisa. You and your daughter will be my thoughts and prayers.

I am so grateful for your assistance.

Lauren just falls apart at the idea of seeing him "out on the street somewhere" unexpectedly. We BOTH have had times when we THOUGHT we saw him in a crowd and we froze with fear until our rational minds assured us he was still in prison. If he gets out, we will lose the ability to rationalize it away so quickly.

I really don't think Lauren is strong enough to handle that yet, and I fear she would do something to herself that can't be undone if he is paroled this month. His attorneys tore her apart on the stand.

Once he was found guilty, he was allowed to go home for a month until his sentencing hearing. He was a convicted, yet unregistered CSO (they are registered upon release) and they sent him out into the community. Those days were deducted from his sentence as well. It hurt us both to hear his mother speaking at his sentencing hearing. She said her son was a "good man" and that we "used to be so nice" that she couldn't understand why would "make something like this up".

6 months into his sentence, he wrote a confession and sent it to the judge. It was written out as opposed to being typed, so there's no question he wrote it. He could have saved us all a lot of pain by confessing BEFORE the trial. His attorneys postponed the trial again and again, probably hoping we'd tire of the 2 hour drive and stop showing up.

We fully intend to make the 6 hour round trip ANY and EVERY time he comes up for parole. He "killed" the person she was, and made her someone else. She looks the same, but she isn't. The daughter I have now is not the girl she would have been if he'd never come into our lives. I love her and I always will, but she has used self-injury as a coping mechanism, and it scares me to death.

When she revealed the abuse and I found she had been cutting herself, the first thing I did when my alarm clock went off every single day was to go and be sure she had lived through another night. That may sound melodramatic, but it is absolutely true. I was SURE she was going to fall apart under the pressure and I would lose her forever. She is getting better, but still has a long way to go.

All of the relevant documents can be found at the link in the opening post of this thread, or by clicking the link in my sig. I want you to be sure that you are on the "right side" and that he is actually guilty of the crimes he was charged with, and that I am not an ex telling lies about him to get even. He had been out of our lives for several years before finding out what he'd done. Our goal is that no other family should ever have to deal with this.

One last thing. PLEASE do not attempt to "sleuth" him online, except at the provided links (which contain a LOT more information). He has a number of children, and if I am not mistaken, at least 2 share his name. His late father was ALSO Donald Brunstetter,

He is NOT on Facebook and he is 48 years old. The other "Donald Brunstetters" you may find are likely related to him, but are not him. Let's respect their privacy.

I am writing my letters via email and asking them to take a moment to print it out and place it in his folder for the Parole Board. They will usually do that if you ask.

I am writing letter(s) in regard to Coffey as well as Brunstetter.

Lisa B., may God bless and keep you and your daughter. I am so glad she has someone such as yourself as a Mother. Hopefully he will remain in prison where he belongs.

Richard, hopefully the Parole Board will do the right thing and keep Coffey in prison. You are a great guy for doing this!

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers!

It is interesting that both Brunstetter in Maryland, and Coffey in North Carolina are up for parole within days of eachother.

In regard to Mr. Coffey, I am only asking that folks take a look at information available on him and to take the time to write something - even if only a few lines in an e-mail.

In writing to the Parole Board, voice your own conscience and belief regarding whether or not he should be released from prison.

Well, I don't think Coffey deserves to live in the free world and am against parole for him. He cannot be rehabilitated in my opinion and will offend again. Another child will become an undeserving victim at the hands of this B&(*&(^ if he is allowed on the streets.

Yes, it is interesting that they are both up for parole within days of each other.

I seriously doubt Coffey will be going anywhere after all he's done. I will be very interested in the outcome of his hearing.

MOO

Lisa B my sister's letter and my own will be snail mailed tomorrow. God bless you and Lauren and keep you both safe during this difficult time. I am all for going higher and changing sentencing laws (my sister too) and we are here in any capacity to help with that endeavor, you can always PM me. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Thank you to everyone else here for writing letters too- we can make a difference.

Richard, we will email the parole board in regards to the monster named Coffee, he should NEVER see the outside of a prison in his lifetime- let him answer to God next. Thank you for bringing his case to our attention- God speed in your mission as well~ Frigga

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back