two questions

bwelch

Reaction score
1) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did John find the body? why didn't he let LE find it?

2) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did Patsy write such a weird, long ransom note. Everyone knows they'll compare handwriting samples....why would she write such a lengthy one

1) John was hoping LE would find the body right away, but when they didn't and it looked like they might not, he took matters into his own hands the first chance he got.

2) The ransom note was written to point the crime outside the house. If there had been no note, LE would have started looking at the parents as suspects and they would have interogated Burke extensively to find out if he knew anything.
The length of the ransom note is consistant with Patsy's habit of overdoing everything to a point of being excessive.

do you think it was pre-meditated or accidental if patsy or burke or john did it? cuz that ransom is SO freakin weird i can't imagine a parent being able to sit down and even put words together much less a lenghty just bizarre letter.

I think all the RDI people here (except BrotherMoon) don't believe it was premeditated.

aRnd2it said:
1) John was hoping LE would find the body right away, but when they didn't and it looked like they might not, he took matters into his own hands the first chance he got.

2) The ransom note was written to point the crime outside the house. If there had been no note, LE would have started looking at the parents as suspects and they would have interogated Burke extensively to find out if he knew anything.
The length of the ransom note is consistant with Patsy's habit of overdoing everything to a point of being excessive.
1. even with the note, le focused exclusively on the ramseys. first john. then patsy. the note utterly failed if it was intended to deflect attention away from the ramseys. it was a smashing success if its intent was to point away from an intruder and toward the ramseys.

2. burke was interviewed - he just didn't say what you want him to.

3. the length of the note proves nothing beyond any reasonable doubt.

My Take said:
2. burke was interviewed - he just didn't say what you want him to.
Burke was never interviewed as a suspect. He was allowed to walk away from the crime scene and JR stopped the only detective who wanted to talk to him before he left.

Burke was questioned later at the White's house but the crime was still a kidnapping at that time and Burke was not a suspect in that crime.

Without the ransom note, things would have been a lot different for both Burke and his parents.

as far as John finding the body...according to the Bonita papers, LE told Fleet to take John around the house looking again for stuff....right?

aRnd2it said:
Burke was questioned later at the White's house but the crime was still a kidnapping at that time and Burke was not a suspect in that crime.

I have forgotten a lot about this case. Exactly what time was Burke questioned at the Whites? And, how much difference in questioning would there be? Either he was awake or he wasn't. Whether a kidnapping or a murder, wouldn't the questions still have been more or less the same?

does seem weird that Burke was woken up and just casually walked out of the house w/ some toys and never said "hey, why are all these cops here?"

why do you think the ransom note changed the way of things so much?

1. Patsy killed JonBenet. John found the body.

2. Patsy wrote the note for herself. It establishes the small foreign faction as the guilty party and sluffs off responsibility to "John", a pseudonym for God.

aRnd2it said:
I think all the RDI people here (except BrotherMoon) don't believe it was premeditated.

That would be PDID, Patsy did it deliberately, or Patsy's disociative identity disorder.

I don't think the term premeditated is accurate. I think her thoughts were compulsive/impulsive.

We've discussed many many reasons she didn't.

Adding a new reason, she's a lot smarter than the writer of that note, who may have been practicing forgery of other peoples' handwriting and may have thought he was pretty good at it.

i just don't think the Ramsey's did it either...and i have read almost every thread on here along w/ following the news and stuff. there just is no way.

bwelch said:
i just don't think the Ramsey's did it either...and i have read almost every thread on here along w/ following the news and stuff. there just is no way.
Then you probably think Scott Peterson, O.J., and Darlie Routier are innocent too.

The idea that an intruder broke into the Ramsey home on Christmas day and did everything they claim he did is nothing short of ridiculous. And that's exactly what the FBI told the Boulder police.

don't generalize and don't pretend to know what i think. i think the 3 you mentioned are guilty. don't assume to know what i think.

thank you.

Rather than ask why John Ramsey found the body, why not ask why the body was not seen earlier in the day when that door was opened to the room she was later found in.
And then ask just what the he** John Ramsey was doing for so long down in the basement around ten a.m. or so that morning and why he didn't tell anyone he was down there in that basement for so long. And then ask why he told Stewart Long, his daughter's fiance, that he found the body around 11 a.m. that morning.
Why did he then WAIT for 2 hours before rushing right to that room?
Keep in mind that Det. Linda Arndt noted that John Ramsey acted considerably more distraught after he came back up from the basement that morning. (When it was reported he went out to get the mail - but John R. said no, he was downstairs in the basement)

The note? Why so long? Well it fits perfectly logically into how Patsy does things. She was panicked out of her mind and was trying desparately to over-do anything she could in an attempt to divert attention away from what really took place that night. She tried to disguise her handwriting by using her left hand - on top of trying to disguise the way she really writes. That's why you see her use the manuscript "a" for instance and then the block style "a."
She also slips from using "we" (as in the foreign faction she starts out pinning the crime on) into using the truthful "I".
The length of the note had more to do with her panicked and frantic state and fear than thinking of handwriting analysis. She thought she had that licked by disguising her writing and using her left hand. Trouble is, that can be seen right through AND she failed to think of personal style and liguistics.
Which pointed right back to herself.

The staging backfired as it nearly always does. Particularly when it's an amaeture that is trying to act like she/he thinks a real criminal acts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back